Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
its mythic level 9.
has nothing to do with character levels or spell levels
Paizo's mythics have nothing to do with Owlcat's. They were nothing but a loose inspiration at best, and for good reason.

Salvo

Arcane
"9th tier spells" is not "Level 9" AFAIK. Elminster is what? - level 40? Or level 35?

He is not only immortal, but invincible, which is more difficult.

That's because he's a poorly written self-insert sexual fantasy

razvedchiki

Erudite
Who cares if its buggy on release? for a week or 2 steam will be full of buttmad reviewes then it will even out by people that actually enjoy this type of game.
Every single game of troika was a buggy mess but they were good crpgs non the less.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Who cares if its buggy on release? for a week or 2 steam will be full of buttmad reviewes then it will even out by people that actually enjoy this type of game.
Every single game of troika was a buggy mess but they were good crpgs non the less.
And where's Troika now? Buggy release means the journos get their chance for a worst shitstorm than otherwise, which means worse reputation, which means worse sales now and in the future. Owlcat does not need the reputation for buggy releases if they can help it.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
And where's Troika now?

Tbh At same time you have Bethesda, that release and re-release games with bugs from 10 years ago yet have 2 massive RPG franchises .. But anyway , being ''The RPG studio with buggy games'' isn't a thing that Owlcat would want to be known by going foward anyway.

Efe

Erudite
Xamenos they are talking about tabletop and how pcs become immortal at mythic tier 9. dodo montioned mythic tier 9 after lacrymas said character level 6 and lann thinks its spell tier 9.

I dont get where you got the idea that i said owlcat's mythic is same as paizo's?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Xamenos they are talking about tabletop and how pcs become immortal at mythic tier 9. dodo montioned mythic tier 9 after lacrymas said character level 6 and lann thinks its spell tier 9.

I dont get where you got the idea that i said owlcat's mythic is same as paizo's?
This is the Wrath crpg thread. I assumed you were talking about the crpg. Didn't catch the beginning of the conversation. Apologies.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Honestly, they ought to release it when they have the least amount of bugs possible. Everyone laughed when P:K was released because "new studio", but now... ? Now there are expectations, and standards. I doubt it would go over well.
Yeah, a second buggy release will cement their reputation as the buggy studio. That's the kind of reputation they don't need. They have to take their time here.
They got rid of their publisher. Hopefully it was them who pushed the game out early and they will have more freedom this time

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
In any event they need to focus on what matters and get shit working properly.

Let the geniuses do their work.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Level 6 is already close to endgame in my books. I grieve for the lost art of low level content. That's why I make my own campaigns and settings now.

Your campaigns are low magic 5E adventures.

This game is a mythic adventure where you fight hordes from the Abyss. A Vrock which is considered a "low tier" demon is CR 9 https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/vrock/

If you want to hit kobold for 30 hours this is not the game for you.

You are Level 6 by the time chapter 1 ends which takes roughly around 8 hours i think

Well said. You already have Solasta and BG3 as low level D&D adventures. On Kingmaker, I only played the first chapter once. All of my subsequent playtroughs on ch 1 are solo on story mode to reach lv 8 quickly. Then I move the difficulty up about when facing Stag Lord. That way, I don't need to spend a lot of time on low levels.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
And where's Troika now? Buggy release means the journos get their chance for a worst shitstorm than otherwise, which means worse reputation, which means worse sales now and in the future. Owlcat does not need the reputation for buggy releases if they can help it.

Its got that journos will not volunteer for this and will have to be assigned meaning there will be some delay and that journalists are not trusted by many.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Taken from their YouTube account. (this is really weird, btw - they've got to be the first studio to use their YT account to say important stuff)
Beta stage 2 is approaching Watch out!
RGSxZphO9DjdXJ5UYFe538TGAowADBk2qLxzfhSsI5-y_2cpSSLDTJstdfw2mnZD1avPpArPeO6Bu2M=s640-nd-rwa

Desiderius

Patron
Their whole PR approach seems a bit random and weird.

Put chix in charge get random and weird. Do like said chix though so random and weird usually in a good way as long as they're not distracting from the geniuses.

Desiderius

Patron
The distribution has a skinnier tail geniuses-wise but in this case I'm speaking merely empirically.
IQ distributions ftw. Now with science!

IQ is overrated. Doesn't matter how fast your hamster can spin the wheel if it isn't going anywhere. In terms of genius tho yeah that's kind of a g-loaded concept and probably highly correlated with innovative and compelling level/class design.

See also:

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
I trust Owlcat Games enough to give them money for their Kickstarter, because I still can't believe how good Kingmaker was. With every major player in the industry focusing on dumb shit that nobody with a functioning brain cares about ("let's voice fucking EVERYTHING, EVEN THE INVENTORY IF NECESSARY!", "how many pwafis make a dwumbi?", and "let's animate anal sex between a gay vampire and a giant badger!"), a Pathfinder game THAT good made by an unknown studio shouldn't have even been possible.

But hoping for the WotR release not to be a buggy mess requires levels of optimism and naivety I'm not willing to reach.
Too bad Pathfinder has a shitty setting and lousy modules in that setting. I respect their decision to adapt pre-written campaigns, but afaik both Kingmaker and WotR are two of the worst in an already not very respectful line-up. I somehow doubt I'll enjoy WotR as much as I'd like simply because of the epic nature. Owlcat have to be wizards in order to balance mythic abilities.
Most Paizo modules are excellent and well appreciated amongst people who play rpg. You are delusional if you think you will do better than their teams as homebrewer. You are not the only one , many DM are arrogant , think themselves as genius doing better than everyone else, think they can tweak the rules impose restrictions on things that got playtested for months.
The only thing we can agree with is its generic, sure it is, its classic d&d. Doing as good as them ,alone ,require considerable amount of work, an amount of work i hardly see any lone DM willing to do.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You are delusional if you think you will do better than their teams as homebrewer. You are not the only one , many DM are arrogant , think themselves as genius doing better than everyone else, think they can tweak the rules impose restrictions on things that got playtested for months.

To be fair, Lacrymas hates "epic" stuff and most Pathfinder AP are very epic in nature. Of course, he should't have said a "adventure which I and my group would prefer to play" instead of "shitty setting and lousy modules".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom