Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
just make psi capable of missing

problem?

Wunderbar

Arcane
b60buc0cehv61.png

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
truth be told, I'm kind of avoiding this thread for possible spoilers, lol. but i am still playing. if any of u want to see my latest run thru the GMS station, it's in my Let's Play thread over in the playground. :) warning! i play poorly, lol. but i'm still getting the hang of like, dealing with security bots and using my new psi powers of BOOOOOO YER SCAREDDD.. :lol: Having lots of fun, though! cheers fellas, i'll return at a later date. <3

CHEMS

Scholar
truth be told, I'm kind of avoiding this thread for possible spoilers, lol. but i am still playing. if any of u want to see my latest run thru the GMS station, it's in my Let's Play thread over in the playground. :) warning! i play poorly, lol. but i'm still getting the hang of like, dealing with security bots and using my new psi powers of BOOOOOO YER SCAREDDD.. :lol: Having lots of fun, though! cheers fellas, i'll return at a later date. <3

Good luck man. Truth be told, early game is kinda of a drag. It really starts after Depot A, GMS kinda suck with psi but it gets better after it

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I dont quite understand how quality in crafting works.
upload_2021-4-29_8-36-49.png

I've got ~130 mechanics, its a 117 quality shotgun frame yet the damage is ass compared to stuff I can buy.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Good luck man. Truth be told, early game is kinda of a drag. It really starts after Depot A, GMS kinda suck with psi but it gets better after it

Thanks CHEMS! so far i wouldn't call it a drag, it's been hecka fun, it's just a bit tough dealing with the sentry bots, but nothing i couldn't handle after some experimentation (and a little bit of luck :) ). The psi in GMS really helped when I encountered 2 certain people and an elderly gentleman. The girl with the gun i instakilled with my aimed shot of a .44 hammerer, and the knife guy came at me but i scared him, and then finished him off. :) it was veryyyy satisfying i must say, to be able to handle that. Now the hard part, though. I hope I can finish it well enough. I like my build okay but I do have to spend the next however many points on Throwing since I didn't realize it was a skill until now (somehow my eyes just glazed over it while leveling up before.) I definitely want Throwing and want to find the molotov recipe so I can craft those. As well as use PSI with some hacking and lockpicking and speech skills. Heh, hope I didn't overload my build, we'll see I guess! thanks for the response, take care buddy. See u in the underrail. :) <3

CHEMS

Scholar
When you get enough feats, a single short from a tactical short vindicator is enough to shred at least three enemies. It's more efficient than burning 50 AP to burst. By level 20, if you've done your build right, you'll be dealing thousands of damage.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
you juggle 2 different shotguns set up for different purposes

like a combat shotty to hose down groups of low damage treshhold trash with the most amount of pellets for the most amount of suppression and death and a mean big gun set up to tear single targets to shit

CHEMS

Scholar
you juggle 2 different shotguns set up for different purposes

like a combat shotty to hose down groups of low damage treshhold trash with the most amount of pellets for the most amount of suppression and death and a mean big gun set up to tear single targets to shit

I do that with the vindicator and salvation, but by the time i get it i'm doing so much damage with the vindicator that i don't even need it

Sheepherder

Augur
And in other news, here's the suicide belt in action. I've only just assembled all the pieces to make it work and not kill me upon activation.
This will have 19 Dexterity and fully specced Three Pointer, which means grenades will have ~85% critical chance. With Super Soldier Drug, grenades will have 100% crit chance. This means that 6 mk5 frags going off at once deal up to ~7.5k damage.

That much damage kills me p.much instantly, unless I have 340 evasion for 85% AoE damage reduction, Blast Cloth tabi boots and balaclava for 80% explosion damage reduction and Super Steel metal armor for 24 mechanical DT and some heat/energy DT.
I've also tested a setup of full tungsten armor/helmet/boots and the critical frag grenades still kill me.

Before BOOM!
y0J4hT4.jpg

After BOOM!
H2UAv1Y.jpg

This many grenades for some mutants is overkill.

Toilet blowback
UDHAXsa.jpg

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
That much damage kills me p.much instantly, unless I have 340 evasion for 85% AoE damage reduction, Blast Cloth tabi boots and balaclava for 80% explosion damage reduction and Super Steel metal armor for 24 mechanical DT and some heat/energy DT.
I've also tested a setup will full tungsten armor/helmet/boots and the critical frag grenades still kill me.
armor penalty would apply to evasion, unless you already calculated that in supersteel?

or perhaps go for stuntman vet feat and have 100% reduction with no armor?

EDIT:
brutalizing meme spear build with that belt... was already covering agility for expert sprint. Impossible to cover all the skill requirements without cheat engine at chargen though...
obtaining that belt is not deterministic?

EDIT2: nvm, wiki shows that stuntman is still covered under 85% cap. what a useless feat with heavy requirements

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Augur
I've also tested a setup will full tungsten armor/helmet/boots and the critical frag grenades still kill me.
armor penalty would apply to evasion, unless you already calculated that in supersteel?

EDIT:
brutalizing meme spear build with that belt... was already covering agility for expert sprint. Impossible to cover all the skill requirements without cheat engine at chargen though...
Evasion AoE reduction is capped at 85% at 340 effective evasion, 15% of the damage still kills me. With Armor Sloping and Nimble, a single plate SS metal armor is 13% Armor Penalty. I need 24 mech DT or the shrapnel shreds me, as blast cloth does not protect against shrapnel, only the "explosion" part of the frags. I use specced Evasive Maneuvers to have 340 evasion on BOOM! turns. This way I can get away with having 6 Agility.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

EDIT:
Evasion AoE reduction is capped at 85% at 340 effective evasion, 15% of the damage still kills me. With Armor Sloping and Nimble, a single plate SS metal armor is 13% Armor Penalty. I need 24 mech DT or the shrapnel shreds me, as blast cloth does not protect against shrapnel, only the "explosion" part of the frags. I use specced Evasive Maneuvers to have 340 evasion on BOOM! turns. This way I can get away with having 6 Agility.
yeah ive just red on wiki that vet feat doesnt go over 85% cap, useless.

so... why dont you use plasma grenades instead?

Sheepherder

Augur
I'll use them as well, when appropriate. But there's only ~4 or so merchants that sell plasma nade components. Frags are much easier to get. Plus plasma has smaller AoE. This setup also provides me with protection against 100% crit chance mk3 plasma nades. I should get single digit damage per 6 nade activation, if that.

ciox

Liturgist
And in other news, here's the suicide belt in action. I've only just assembled all the pieces to make it work and not kill me upon activation.
This will have 19 Dexterity and fully specced Three Pointer, which means grenades will have ~85% critical chance. With Super Soldier Drug, grenades will have 100% crit chance. This means that 6 mk5 frags going off at once deal up to ~7.5k damage.

Before BOOM!
y0J4hT4.jpg

After BOOM!
H2UAv1Y.jpg

This many grenades for some mutants is overkill.

Toilet blowback
UDHAXsa.jpg

Looks glorious, wouldn't mind seeing video of this one.

Btw, did they fix the lag when you first trigger the new explosions? Maybe it's my hdd's fault, but it felt like the new explosions are not precached, so there's a big hitch when you first trigger them for that game session.

Tygrende

Arbiter
The ladder is always there, don't worry your deterministic head.

The catches are it's only there on DOM, it might spawn literally anywhere on the 1st sewer map and it's a timed event, if you enter the ladder you have 20 hours until the guys are gone, so better not enter until you're ready.

jackofshadows

Magister
By the way, is there any useful/interesting stuff inside the new sewer dungeon with fireballs? I just saw the entrance and haven't explored the dungeon yet but vaguely remember someone was saying it's not even worth exploring.

ciox

Liturgist
I can hardly imagine what they could use to bribe me into that area again. If you choose to go in make sure you're in turnbased mode when clearing the junk, it's infinitely easier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom