Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inferno: Beyond the 7th Circle - successor to The 7th Circle

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://68k.prisma-comunicazione.it

https://af.gog.com/game/inferno_beyond_the_7th_circle?as=1649904300

ss_5623301ed562b21776d6c819d03e547273ee91d7.1920x1080.jpg

ss_244d4a9c15805dc612169d7ace1ff23b0e2facb6.1920x1080.jpg

Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle is the spiritual successor of The 7th Circle.
The game is set in a world dominated by demons: few humans survived and now they are just a minority on the planet.
You are one of the survivors, struggling to find food and resources while demons and abominations rule over the Earth.

Unlike its predecessor, Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle has a more "classic" approach to the Dungeon Crawler genre: you can now save and load the game when you want and if you die you can just reload your last saved game. Also, there are plenty of new contents: more items, more skills, more spells, more tasks, quests and lot of resources to find.

Key features of the game
  • Grid-based First Person Dungeon Crawler. If you've enjoyed classic CRPG from the 90s, you will like this game.
  • Turn based combat. Take your time, plan your strategy.
  • Create your character: choose attributes, skills, traits, personality and background.
  • Deep magic system: learn more than 70 "Magic Formulas" to cast spells and use resources to empower your magics.
  • Survive: search for food, clean water and other resources to craft items, weapons, armours and useful items.
  • A huge map to explore and infinite random-generated dungeons to visit.
  • Improve your skills as you use them. E.G: the more you use an axe, the more you will improve your "Bladed Weapon" skill.
  • Puzzle to solve, hidden areas to find, tasks to fulfill and a lot of demons to kill.

Gameplay video from 8 months ago:

Codex thread for the previous game: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...crawler-with-tb-combat-and-permadeath.124009/

Last edited by a moderator:

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
Hi, I'm the developer of the game. The DEMO of "Inferno - Beyond the 7th circle" is now available on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1251850/Inferno__Beyond_the_7th_Circle/
Let me know what you think about it ;)

What is the balance between combat and puzzles?
Are puzzles limited to finding switches and such or are also more elaborated puzzles present?
The game is focused on survival, exploration and combat, but you will find different kind of puzzles (codes to decipher, riddles, sequences to find to open a door, switches to activate in a specific order, puzzles based on map observation and so on.). Most of the puzzles are optional, but some of them are required to progress with the game.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It plays fast in the video (which is nice) but i guess it'll be 10 times slower for any first playthrough because you don't go staight forward but search every corner.

Do you plan a mini-map? Feels like it could help a lot, particularly if points of interest spotted are marked there.
Any modification to the combat system?

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
It plays fast in the video (which is nice) but i guess it'll be 10 times slower for any first playthrough because you don't go staight forward but search every corner.

Do you plan a mini-map? Feels like it could help a lot, particularly if points of interest spotted are marked there.
Any modification to the combat system?
The mini-map is on the top-right corner of the screen and - compared to the older gameplay videos - is now a little larger. Also there is FoW, so you know if you already explored an area. Items, resources, stairs and other stuff will be visible on the mini-map. By clicking on the icon next to the mini-map you can also see the overall map to have an estimated idea of your position in the world. And there are a couple of spells that will show you the detailed map.

The combat system is pretty much the same of "The 7th Circle", with some improvements.

Inferno-Beyond-the-7th-Circle-DEMO-22-02-2021-21-56-34.png

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
A little update: the game will be published (Steam) on April 30.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1251850/view/3026955794068749589

Release date
Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle will be released on Walpurgisnacht (April 30, 2021).

The choice of date is not accidental: Walpurgis night is the "night of the witches", the night in which demons awaken and in which humans light immense fires to ward off evil.

The battle for survival begins on April 30th.

0a1c7333ca4e14b09804bb9213eaedd7a15747b1.png

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
seems great, i just have a question. approximately how many hours of gameplay? thanks, and good luck with the release!

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer
seems great, i just have a question. approximately how many hours of gameplay? thanks, and good luck with the release!
Good question...it really depends on how you approach the game, how many time you choose to spend exploring the map...there are a lot of things to do and most of them are optional. You can try the demo and see how much time you need to complete it, and consider that reaching the "town" (the goal of the demo version) is pretty much the starting point of the main game.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Good question...it really depends on how you approach the game, how many time you choose to spend exploring the map...there are a lot of things to do and most of them are optional. You can try the demo and see how much time you need to complete it, and consider that reaching the "town" (the goal of the demo version) is pretty much the starting point of the main game.

So would u say the game has content enough (if u explore everything and are thorough) for 20 hours? 40 hours? More? I only ask because I rarely play demos, I'll just buy the game outright if I know it has a good chunk of content to last for awhile. If it's only a 10 hour game I'll probably have to pass, but that's just me.

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer

So would u say the game has content enough (if u explore everything and are thorough) for 20 hours? 40 hours? More? I only ask because I rarely play demos, I'll just buy the game outright if I know it has a good chunk of content to last for awhile. If it's only a 10 hour game I'll probably have to pass, but that's just me.
It's absolutely more than 10hrs, don't worry ;) And there are also an infinite number of randomly-generated dungeons if you want some extra challenge.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's absolutely more than 10hrs, don't worry ;) And there are also an infinite number of randomly-generated dungeons if you want some extra challenge.

oh, that sounds amazing! Insta-purchase for me, sir. :) Good luck with the release and I hope the word spreads! I will be buying it tomorrow. Take care. <3

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
i'm surprised this thread doesn't have more posts. i'm *very* interested in this game. i love dungeon crawlers especially first-person and this one ticks all the RPG Boxes of stuff I like! This game is the rare "day 1 purchase and also day 1 play" for me. :)

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
picked up a copy, not sure when i'll get around to playing but it's on my short list. just an excellent release that i will surely be pleased with being a fan of old-school crawlers. :)

68kStudios

68k Studios
Developer

VHS9000

Novice
Cheap healing in Shelter and random dungeons you can farm without any risk just destroy survival/managment concept, it's absolutely out of the general game flow. And even without em game is turning too easy once you rise reflex stat to ~75%. After 10 hours I can fuck any enemy up wasting no hp or mana so I don't care to play further.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom