Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it also murdered my shitheap's frames like crazy, worse than hopper graveyard

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
92BC71165E4CA2B79534CA1A510D5EFF7809A2DD

Shit, this is awkward. Had a such comfortable time before this and now... I should either cheese the shit out of this door or just leave for the time being. Don't have Elemental Bolts or actual advanced acid bolts yet. I was choosing between EB and Deadly Snares on 16 lvl (critical power 14) and took snares just for comfort. Eh should've taken EB.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
lol I was really underleveled there, so I TNT'd the entrance and the coil spiders cleaned it up for me

jackofshadows

Magister
Well, somehow I have 2 emp mines on me so I can easily set up ambush and kill it conventionally.

Yeah, just killed it, phew.

CHEMS

Scholar
By the way, is there any useful/interesting stuff inside the new sewer dungeon with fireballs? I just saw the entrance and haven't explored the dungeon yet but vaguely remember someone was saying it's not even worth exploring.

The waste recycling plant is by far the WORST thing ever done in this game. The loot is awful. I got a quality 0 core once. And of course there is death stalkers there, because why wouldn't?

Werdnicus

Learned
jackofshadows
Is that on dominating?
I have been struggling to come up with a decent crossy build on my own, can you give me some advice? I couldnt decide between going 8 DEX and incorporate fatal throw into my build or 7DEX 7AGI for advanced naval combat.
Last time playing a crossbowman I got mad and gave up during Abrams first assignment as I didnt have any hacking or persuasion to get to a vent and was too lazy to proceed and come back.

jackofshadows

Magister
Is that on dominating?
I have been struggling to come up with a decent crossy build on my own, can you give me some advice? I couldnt decide between going 8 DEX and incorporate fatal throw into my build or 7DEX 7AGI for advanced naval combat.
Yes. Why you'd need fatal throw? Utilty slots tight as they are. I went exactly for 7dex 7 agi (and Int) not because of naval combat which is still a really cool bonus but just because it seems like a very nice distribution.
Last time playing a crossbowman I got mad and gave up during Abrams first assignment as I didnt have any hacking or persuasion to get to a vent and was too lazy to proceed and come back.
Umm, if you're talking about placing the bug then you just go to the right and watch for the guard before entering the room with vent (is there even a lock on the door?). In any case, skills don't seem to be tight at all - I'd invest at least 50-65 into hacking/lockpicking.

Sheepherder

Augur
BOOM! I fucking love this thing. Very fun.

And a Naga one-shot.

Carnifex one-shot.

Amazing. Now do Tchort and the Black Crawler. As well as the entirety of Fort Apogee in one divine wind, Dreadnoughts and all.

Here's Black Crawler. I used Sweep and it landed, thus reducing its evasion to 0.
If he had dodged it, I have a net. If he would have evaded that, I'd equip a flashbang. If he would have resisted that, I'd break LoS, so that they waste their turn restealthing, next turn I'd flare them again, break LoS again until my CD's run down.

jackofshadows

Magister
The last feat is whatever as usual. I'm not sure how tough psi management will be. But I remember using them together - it's fine.

Parabalus

Arcane
They work really well together, later on you don't really have SI on all the time, Hemo lets you trigger it at will.

No Mania is pretty insane though.

jackofshadows

Magister
I think it's like dropping aimed shot - tougher early game but useless later on when you have very high crit chance all the time. Besides, I'm gonna play w/o metathermics so that shouldn't be that big of a impact like a crit fireball when it's needed.

Parabalus

Arcane
I think it's like dropping aimed shot - tougher early game but useless later on when you have very high crit chance all the time. Besides, I'm gonna play w/o metathermics so that shouldn't be that big of a impact like a crit fireball when it's needed.

Crit AoE NO?

Better drop Psychostatic instead.

Sykar

Arcane

Mania lets you ease up on the crit gearing giving you more options, it is also a god send early and mid game. You will not reach 90%+ crit chance until late game.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Yeah, it's exactly like dropping aimed shot. On a sniper build.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I dont quite understand how quality in crafting works.

Dude, put in the SHORT barrel. Long one is a hoax. That's how it all works.

I dislike combat shotties. The burst is not worth it, imo.

Try to do Beast figth without them, you will die.
And Tyranny low crit damage is not important in Beast fight, as bladelings are crit-immune anyway.

Ok gentlemen, I wanna feel the new psi, here's my rough sketch for dom/oddity. Thoughts?
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMDB...kdFCpiwr0FIWfCh2ZXJHLCt8KEw4zCneKjiAXio4kK378

Wrong build. You made same mistake as I am. Hemopsychosis+SI is usless. It's either you take HP, or SI with a bunch of tanky feats, that allow you to take a really low damage if you got hit - like Stoicism, Conditioning, and specialize in them to the boot.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
And Tyranny low crit damage is not important in Beast fight, as bladelings are crit-immune anyway.

If you have Guns don't use a shotgun for the beast fight, much easier with Energy or Chemical pistols.

CHEMS

Scholar

Did several times, without recruiting the guards. Gas grenades + trainshot make it easy.

Sykar

Arcane
Did several times, without recruiting the guards. Gas grenades + trainshot make it easy.
On Hard, I did it alone with AR. Without any traps. Without any gas or incendiary grenades. With regular ammo. AR is this overpowered

Time to give it the Psionic treatment!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom