Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Tyrr

Liturgist

I've nothing against a Warcraft mod (tho don't expect it to get hosted anywhere outside sketchy Russian sites thanks to Actiblizz lawyers) but the proportions look absurd on these footmen. Neither realistic nor stylized enough.

Why would you waste the time making a WoW mod, when you could make a Warhammer mod instead?

A horse of course

but the proportions look absurd on these footmen. Neither realistic nor stylized enough.
True to the original then eh.

y do u lie?

https://michaeliantorno.com/the-art-of-warcraft-part-i/

05_footman.jpg
01_lothar.jpg
06_archer.jpg
08_wounded.jpg
07_knight.jpg

I've nothing against a Warcraft mod (tho don't expect it to get hosted anywhere outside sketchy Russian sites thanks to Actiblizz lawyers) but the proportions look absurd on these footmen. Neither realistic nor stylized enough.

Why would you waste the time making a WoW mod, when you could make a Warhammer mod instead?

Already 2 Warhammer mods being worked on for Bannerlord afaik. I assume the drunk russian autists making Warsword will move to Bannerlord eventually, though I don't really follow that project.

Robber Baron

Savant
Can't these fan mods just use Vermintide and Total War assets for themselfs and concentrate on actual gameplay moments of the mods? Like there's no way to enforce cease and desist on a free fan project, unless getting that cease and desist to stop the project was the very goal.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Can't these fan mods just use Vermintide and Total War assets for themselfs and concentrate on actual gameplay moments of the mods? Like there's no way to enforce cease and desist on a free fan project, unless getting that cease and desist to stop the project was the very goal.
Lawyers could use the DMCA to force whatever place is hosting the mod to take it down. It's of course possible to go underground, but doing that and still developing and distributing the mod efficiently will quickly become more work than just making assets from scratch.

A horse of course

Fan projects can and have been ended due to aggressive legal action. Depending on how much they care, rights holders in many countries do in fact have the power to demand personal information such as names, addresses, and more, and act on those. Most modders are university students or manchildren living with their parents, and can't deal with that level of scrutiny, let alone going to court over it.

When mods for popular IPs (Star Wars, LOTR and such) do survive for a long time, it's usually because either the rights holders don't care enough to pursue it, have given permission for limited use of their assets in free projects (e.g. CDProjekt with the Witcher 2), or have difficulty dealing with the legal side of things in certain countries.

Also I don't want to see most of Total Warhammer's cartoon shit in Bannerlord.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Russians usually do that actually. But people who live in countries where it is easier to press C&D cannot do the same.

deuxhero

Arcane
If they actually finish the game in 2022, I wonder what they could do after that. I'd pay for an expansion that added ships and naval combat (something they've mentioned they'd like to do, and something the world map was clearly designed for if you compare the old Gamescom preview map to the released map) but I don't know what else they could add.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If they actually finish the game in 2022, I wonder what they could do after that. I'd pay for an expansion that added ships and naval combat (something they've mentioned they'd like to do, and something the world map was clearly designed for if you compare the old Gamescom preview map to the released map) but I don't know what else they could add.
All I want for them is to remove all the roadblocks modders have complained about - the community can then do the rest for them.

LizardWizard

Cipher

Bannerlord isn't going to be finished by next year, but the game's AI barely even functions properly in general and not at all during sieges after 10 years of development.. and you want naval combats? :prosper:

Mud'

Scholar
So has anyone tried that Bannerlord Online mod? To be honest that is the only thing that is making me itchy to buy Bannerlord and try it.

Lokiamis

Learned
So has anyone tried that Bannerlord Online mod? To be honest that is the only thing that is making me itchy to buy Bannerlord and try it.

I played it when it came out. There's no content. Everything is stripped from the game including less obvious things such as movement speed, morale, food, etc. Just a flavor of the week thing.
It did have mostly functional online battles against small groups of looters which is neat, but it's not really worth playing yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

For 500 years, the Calradian Empire dominated the continent. Its armies scattered foes before them. The strongholds of proud tribes crumbled beneath its engines of war. From the forests of the north, to the wastes of the south... All was brought beneath the standard of their legions.

Peachcurl

Cipher
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future past there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars in Calradia, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future past there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars in Calradia, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
There's probably butter too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom