Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tangaria - Titans Incoming!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Tangaria

Tangaria, that multiplayer roguelike, has updated with their Titans Incoming patch which adds a whopping 18 new races. What's it add? Let's see. Draconians, Titans, Wood Elves, Elementals, Frost Men, Centaurs, Spiders(Huh?), Djinn, Harpies, Minotaur, Troglodytes, Naga, Gnolls, Lizardmen, Wisps, Imps, Wraiths, and Beholders. They also tweeked some existing races and added and updated some features. Here's a taste of what it is:

Items:
  • unusual food drop chance reduced
  • magic staves give more mana
  • forest spirit scroll now not so deadly
  • you can not sell items to stores to ID them
  • new amulet: Amulet of Cat (Beruthiel)
  • fix error with random object effects (could be only one random effect per item)
World:
  • world map adjustments
  • new descriptions on staircases
  • Fallen Gondolin dungeon layout
  • Ranger tavern (starting place) now got passable windows
  • Old Ruins could be now entered only at 1st lvl
  • fixed non-diggable rock
Classes:
  • archer class poison brand replaced with sharp arrows at high lvls
  • necromancer read minds unnerf
  • necromancer in fruit bat form now can move faster

That's not all the things they've updated. They update a lot and often. So, if you want a fairly dynamic game to play with your friends, there you go.

Spotted at Temple of the Roguelike

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's it add? Let's see. Draconians, Titans, Wood Elves, Elementals, Frost Men, Centaurs, Spiders(Huh?), Djinn, Harpies, Minotaur, Troglodytes, Naga, Gnolls, Lizardmen, Wisps, Imps, Wraiths, and Beholders. They also tweeked some existing races and added and updated some features.
All of that and nary a barbarian. :decline:

Edit:
Nevermind it's there as a separate race.

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

Wow. That's kind of shocking, but you're right.

================ === === === === === ==========
Class STR INT WIS DEX CON HD (bonus)
Warrior +3 -2 -2 +2 +2 10
Mage -3 +3 0 0 -2 1
Druid -2 0 +3 -2 0 2
Priest -1 -3 +3 -1 +1 2
Necromancer -3 +3 0 0 -2 1
Paladin +1 -3 +1 -1 +2 7
Rogue 0 +1 -3 +3 -1 5
Ranger 0 0 +2 +1 -1 6
Blackguard +2 0 -3 0 +2 9
Sorceror -5 +5 0 0 -3 0
Unbeliever +3 -4 -3 +2 +2 9
Hunter -2 -2 +2 +2 0 4
Monk +1 -2 0 +2 +1 8
Telepath -1 -2 +3 -1 0 3
Elementalist -4 +4 0 0 -2 1
Summoner -5 -5 +5 -5 -5 0
Shapechanger +1 -1 -1 +1 +1 5
Archer -1 -2 -1 +3 1 3

17 classes and none of them are Barbarian. At first, I thought the "Unbeliever" might be their barbarian, but nope! Seems like an odd omission for a game that seems to be adding everything and the kitchen sink.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wow. That's kind of shocking, but you're right.

Class STR INT WIS DEX CON HD (bonus)
Warrior +3 -2 -2 +2 +2 10
Mage -3 +3 0 0 -2 1
Druid -2 0 +3 -2 0 2
Priest -1 -3 +3 -1 +1 2
Necromancer -3 +3 0 0 -2 1
Paladin +1 -3 +1 -1 +2 7
Rogue 0 +1 -3 +3 -1 5
Ranger 0 0 +2 +1 -1 6
Blackguard +2 0 -3 0 +2 9
Sorceror -5 +5 0 0 -3 0
Unbeliever +3 -4 -3 +2 +2 9
Hunter -2 -2 +2 +2 0 4
Monk +1 -2 0 +2 +1 8
Telepath -1 -2 +3 -1 0 3
Elementalist -4 +4 0 0 -2 1
Summoner -5 -5 +5 -5 -5 0
Shapechanger +1 -1 -1 +1 +1 5
Archer -1 -2 -1 +3 1 3

17 classes and none of them are Barbarian. At first, I thought the "Unbeliever" might be their barbarian, but nope! Seems like an odd omission for a game that seems to be adding everything and the kitchen sink.
Scratch that, it's there as a race.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's an odd choice then. Maybe it's just I'm so used to it being a class in nearly everything else, but it seems to make more sense that anything can be a barbarian depending on their background.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
It's somewhat understandable considering that this is based off Angband, which explains the Numenoreans, Dunedain etc. But the harpies and what not? Dunno.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Has anyone played this? I'm having trouble imagining how a simultaneous phase based (or whatever it's called) proper roguelike works as a multiplayer game

jungl

Augur
how does this compare to RL like dungeon crawl stone soup or TOME

Generic-Giant-Spider

Spiders, huh.

lights cigarette

Guess I could give it a look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom