Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Gargaune

Magister
another stream, live right now

https://www.twitch.tv/pawesasko
Okay, so I clicked on that just as he was wrapping up, and he's talking about criticism and how "most of the people who did Cyberpunk did The Witcher 3" and that maybe some of their choices weren't correct and they'll keep learning... Fair enough, he's acknowledging that there are legitimate issues, they're taking feedback onboard, all good, right?

Except the very next user comment he reads is from someone who says "the way you did choices in 2077 was better, it added replayability"... rusty_shackleford, was that you? I mean, if I wanted to sabotage Poland's economy, that's exactly the sort of feedback I'd be giving CDPR.

Videogame developers, at least those who work on RPGs (or "RPGs"), should be forced to read the Codex. Clockwork Orange-style if need be.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Looks like game can finally be bought for 20 bucks on key selling sites. Acceptable price? And don't post me no goddamn Guybrush Threepwood.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Playable (especially on a nice rig), definitely.

Enjoyable by all, no.

The game's tech is p. impressive, imo. I realize GTA's been doing this for years, but some of the things you can see and do in CP2077 are impressive enough to at least check it out and see if you like the game or not.

v1rus

Arcane

Enjoyable by all, no.

The game's tech is p. impressive, imo. I realize GTA's been doing this for years, but some of the things you can see and do in CP2077 are impressive enough to at least check it out and see if you like the game or not.

My rig is almost on its deathbed. GTX 1060 6gb, some i5 quadcore and only 8 gb of ram.

Should I skip it rn, and play it when i get a new PC?

Danikas

Arcane

Enjoyable by all, no.

My rig is almost on its deathbed. GTX 1060 6gb, some i5 quadcore and only 8 gb of ram.

Should I skip it rn, and play it when i get a new PC?
Im playing on this: gtx 1060 6gb overclocked, 16 gb ram, I5-7600k oveclocked, SSD. Mix of high and medium settings average fps 40 with dips to 32 but I can live with it. Game look's like this:

photomode_18042021_0813k47.png

photomode_03052021_079tknd.png

photomode_03052021_07hhja9.png

photomode_03052021_07gojow.png

And here you have game in motion on my rig.

You decide if that's acceptable to you.

msxyz

Augur
So, did they fix this shit? Is it playable on high on decent PCs?
Playable yes, especially after each patch reduces the LOD and pop-up distances as a mean to boost performance. I expect in a patch or two to see the return of the fog-of-war (I mean, the Cyberpunk world is supposed to be super polluted, right?).

The best way to avoid mission breaking bugs is the same as Bethesda games: play slow, not too many missions at once, don't fast travel too often (scripts take a lot of time to execute), use hundreds of different savegames so that you can roll back at any time.

Last edited:

mkultra

Augur

So you can double-jump in the middle of the air, like in some arcade platformers? or is that a mod?

I do like that you can quickly get around like that though. Double-jump seems out of place though.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So you can double-jump in the middle of the air, like in some arcade platformers? or is that a mod?

I do like that you can quickly get around like that though. Double-jump seems out of place though.
Leg cyberware permits you to either perform a double jump in mid-air (reinforced tendons) or perform a single power-charged jump (fortified ankles); also a noise reduction from movement (lynx paws). As with all cyberware, you first need to purchase it from a ripperdoc, and these ones are quite expensive at 45 thousand each, about the price of a legendary cyberdeck.

fortified-ankles-cyberware-cyberpunk-2077-wiki-guide.png
reinforced-tendons-cyberware-cyberpunk-2077-wiki-guide.png

mkultra

Augur
Leg cyberware permits you to either perform a double jump in mid-air (reinforced tendons) or perform a single power-charged jump (fortified ankles); also a noise reduction from movement (lynx paws). As with all cyberware, you first need to purchase it from a ripperdoc, and these ones are quite expensive at 45 thousand each, about the price of a legendary cyberdeck.

fortified-ankles-cyberware-cyberpunk-2077-wiki-guide.png
reinforced-tendons-cyberware-cyberpunk-2077-wiki-guide.png

I see, pretty cool then :) Looking forward to playing it, eventually.

flushfire

Augur
1060 is about the same performance-wise as a 1650 super which means 40 fps average on medium 1080p. It's playable enough, but with just 8gb there might be stutters in more demanding areas.

Gargaune

Magister

You decide if that's acceptable to you.

Cool, Mirror's Edge. Shame CDPR didn't put anything on any of those bloody rooftops.

Have mercy, those frametime spikes while moving fast are painful to witness. Yeah, PC version is fine, nothing to complain about here.
Ah, the Codex, where Beamdog EEs are bad because who cares about smooth scrolling, but Cyberpunk is also bad because of framerate spikes. He said he's running the game on a 4-year old mid-range GPU, what exactly is the problem?

mkultra

Augur
Looked pretty smooth thb... which modern open world rpg's runs supersmooth with zero drops?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Ah, the Codex, where Beamdog EEs are bad because who cares about smooth scrolling, but Cyberpunk is also bad because of framerate spikes. He said he's running the game on a 4-year old mid-range GPU, what exactly is the problem?
Implying the Codex is one man.
The problem is he's saying it's running absolutely fine on his machine while in motion it's not true, it's stuttery and fucking raw (c)

Gargaune

Magister
The problem is he's saying it's running absolutely fine on his machine while in motion it's not true, it's stuttery and fucking raw (c)
It didn't look particularly sketchy to me, but then I normally target 50-60 FPS so maybe I'm used to it. Still, what's so egregious about a brand new AAA title showing framerate variations on a mid-range 2016 rig? He's not gonna cap the framerate if he gets a 40 FPS average and if it dips, it dips. You were suggesting the game is "not fine on PC", performance-wise, but I think the video shows the hardware handling it quite decently.

mkultra

Augur
consoles are 25-30 FPS for most 3D games, millions of people are happy with that.. that video looked smoother than that though, not something that would take me out of the experience..

i'm on a 1080ti, hope i can get close to 60.. doesn't matter too much though.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The 1080Ti should yield you 60fps most of the time at 1080p if you're okay with lowering some of the details.

Dips in framerate with this game mostly come at the hands of weaker CPUs.

mkultra

Augur
i'm on a 1080ti, hope i can get close to 60..
Suppose it depends on your resolution but you should be fine. CPU might be a factor, Cyberpunk seems to ride it quite hard in my experience.

i5 8600K overclocked to 4.8GHz.. been stable so far (since 2 years), we'll see i guess. i can use either 2560x1440 or 1920x1080, i have monitor + an OLED TV (its 4K but 1920x1080 looks good too).. if it has HDR i might play on the TV because the neon signs and whatnot will probably look nice.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was quite impressed with how well the game ran on my old potato - i3 6100 @ 3.7Ghz, 8G ram, GTX 970, screen at 1680x1050, I got around 50 fps most of the time, with most of the graphical bells & whistles (minus RT ofc) on high enough to look fairly lush (certainly the best looking thing I've had on my PC yet).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom