Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The video clearly says they didn't get the IP until a year into development.

No it doesn't. You even linked to the part where Todd himself explains that you're wrong.
rating_lulz.gif

I thought according to you, it was just niggers who were so stupid they couldn't understand the simplest things.

I'm sorry, I've been away from this thread for a while - are you a nigger? Were you speaking from experience as a nigger yourself?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Fallout in Bethesda's hands was always going to be Oblivion with guns.
Ironically FO3 wasn't even the lackluster Oblivion with guns everyone expected. At least not mechanically. They went through a lot of effort with the VATS system and assignable skillpoints, Obsidian didn't change that either for FNV, because it was good for what it is. I didn't even mind the metro crawl to bypass console limitations.
It was... just the writing. Maybe because those spots were filled with friends and cronies who wanted to work in game design but had no useful skills to offer, like in Hollywood. Or simply having to follow the vision of someone who is still mentally a kid.
It IS telling tho, that FO76 and ESO have a far more mature storytelling, made by subsidiaries that are geographically far away from direct intervention by Team Todd.

FO4 stays the biggest disappointment tho. FO3 had the mechanics, Skyrim had much better storytelling, all they had to do was make "Skyrim with guns", every company wanted to make "Skyrim with X".
Instead they went back to halfbaked random storytelling and decided to copy a percentage perk sytem paired with a halfassed bullettime, which was quickly abandoned after a few hours because someone gave the order the game should be about Power Armor now. "Everyone loves Powah Amoah amirite?" :argh:

So sad.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
FO4 stays the biggest disappointment tho.

Yes, FO4 was one epic disappointment. I didn't even feel angry, I just felt nothing. Bethesda was dead to me after FO4.

Even I was shocked at how much of a decline 4 was with the overall system. A buddy of mine who gets and plays everything because of how OCD he is, and I mean like WTF OCD how did you find a game box for a PC game in 2020, he couldn't even finish it. That's just how shit it was.

Cael

Arcane
Fuck that 76 shit. Does anyone know how to get 2 working in Win10?

I'd happily kill a dozen leftards to be able to install Win 7 on my new computer...

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
You said in the Trump thread that the only comfort you now had was escaping into the world of Fallout 4 after not finding any evidence of voter fraud.

Ha like the pot calling the kettle african american.

Hay gaiz, I've been away from this thread a while, anyone found the evidence that there wasn't any voter fraud yet?

Mmm this is some sweet pot bro.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Fallout in Bethesda's hands was always going to be Oblivion with guns.
Ironically FO3 wasn't even the lackluster Oblivion with guns everyone expected. At least not mechanically. They went through a lot of effort with the VATS system and assignable skillpoints, Obsidian didn't change that either for FNV, because it was good for what it is.

You can see a small remnant from their earlier efforts when you press crouch during killcam in 3/NV and see that it uses AP with every tap, a design ostensibly made to counter the mess of balancing Bethesda's ubiquitously broken Sneak Sniper gameplay, but still resulted in Fallout 3 as "the broken part of Oblivion, with guns" anyways.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Returning to an area from an FO3 DLC. Reminds me of The Elder Scrolls Online revisiting areas from the single player games.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I login once in a while. The game is free2tryout for the next week or so and I'd suggest checking out the Wastelanders stuff if you haven't already. It's definitely better than Fallout 3/4

Codex Year of the Donut

Returning to an area from an FO3 DLC. Reminds me of The Elder Scrolls Online revisiting areas from the single player games.

Looks pretty decent to me. People are getting upset at free content, weird.

Also...
Codex gets to visit my hometown again
s420.gif

Returning to an area from an FO3 DLC.
Not surprising in the least, large part of the settlers from Wastelanders came from Pennsylvania and discuss Pittsburgh quite a bit.

Cael

Arcane
Nothing like a disembodied deer head prancing around your toon to make you want to play some other game while trying not to gag, eh?

GreyViper

Prophet
I found it easier just watch somebody else stream the story missions and then forget about it. So far the quests are average, but the Encalve ones had some interesting tidbits, but nothing groundbreaking.

Gregz

Arcane
Is it good yet?

It was good for a few months last year, after the Wastelanders DLC.

I think I stopped playing in July 2020 when there were signs decline. I suspect that the people who maintain the game are not the same people who designed the DLC.

The problem with "online content" is that it's always changing, and we all know how easy it is to screw up a good thing.

Codex Year of the Donut
The level scaling thing they added was completely unnecessary and I wasn't aware of anyone who actually wanted it. A large part of the game was supposed to be that it's a hostile, dangerous wasteland.

Wastelanders content is well designed. I haven't played since any major updates post-Wastelanders. The group event things were actually pretty fun and had a lot of variety.
If it's on sale for a couple dollars, sure pick it up. Wouldn't recommend it at full price though.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I wanted to check in other day to see if it has killed WoW yet, but the game wanted to download 16gb for no reason. After letting it suck a little while I got groceries, I decided that my bandwidth could be used more productive and tried to stop the download.
Turns out Bethesda's own bloatware launcher cannot resume downloads. Das rite, it informed me that everything it downloaded will be deleted if I quit now.

Seriously? Todd, it's 2021!
They probably coded it back in the days for Lolblivion and then shelved it for future use. Just like Fallout Shelter, which entirely consisted of FO3 assets when they released it for FO4, because it had hibernated for years in Todd's desk. :hahano:

Good riddance...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom