Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3051728128595476106

Weapons under the Dome
CRONUS WEEKLY
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the post-apocalyptic CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

This week we'll tell you how to defend yourself in the wastelands under the Dome. We'll help you choose the best weapons and talk about the achievements of the brightest minds of mankind.

Boreas

88b3ab337e74f8e7a6b8ce913604413033d637b3.png

CRONUS engineers created the Boreas cryo-laser to capture hostile flora and fauna for scientific purposes. Most of these devices were lost because of the Incident. Only some models were saved thanks to the great leadership of the New Committee. Now every rich employee or just a lucky one can get their hands on this splendid weapon for one-on-one duels. Your enemy won’t be able to move at all!

Careful, explosives!

5748a0c240a958553b2884c626e182b093d5ba01.png

Our surveillance cameras have detected a new anomaly in the behavior of the robokids. Everyone knows that many of them are out of control and attack humans at the first sight. But who knew that they could even explode in your face. This is a truly formidable foe, who doesn't even value their own lifes.

Improved Disk Thrower Ammo

4b9ee0ab98d2e59412a965a4c48995ee1d914b92.png

Carmine Heights engineers have improved the already deadly disc throwers. The projectiles are now faster and more visible, and most importantly, they can hit even more targets in one shot. If you're a lone wolf, the new disc thrower models were made just for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3051728762664515594

Obstacles under the Dome and how to overcome them
CRONUS WEEKLY
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the post-apocalyptic CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

Employees, the Dome is a scary place full of dangers. A deadly threat awaits you around every corner. Being prepared for every whim of fate is the only way to survive.

To save you, valiant engineers have created devices that every adventurer needs. Today we'll tell you about just a few of them.

Jetpack

889598a43233d75b7d8819d4410ceda0d832520b.png

What do you do when a cliff blocks the way? It's dangerous to jump off, and it takes a long time to go around. And who knows what dangers await you on the way. In situations like these, a jetpack will come to your rescue. Once created exclusively for military purposes, now this technological miracle can help you move even on steep cliffs.

Portable teleporter

7553f25ce1d2c394fbf5665e8587ab7350d4056a.gif

Found a secret passage, but a mine blocks the way? No problem! Use the portable teleporter on a nearest enemy and introduce him to the mine.

The device developed by Wesley is capable of moving targets, including people, just like teleportation of psionics. With this device any obstacle is no match for you.

Harpoon

85a4cc6b0d7b77423089f5b9a440e0619a3aa691.gif

A cyber hyena is shooting at your squad from above? The harpoon was designed especially for such cases. Despite its compact size, it can pull to you almost any creature under the Dome. Just one push of a button separates you from sweet revenge.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I haven't played Encased at all past character creation, but I remember thinking the options there were really interesting, almost overwhelming.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Development on this seems to have stagnated, or am I just imaginging things. They need to amp up shit shiet negga, dont want anymo blogposts about inane shit

Drowed

Arcane
Yes, basically most of the updates have been for things that are either superficial, or things that have not yet been implemented in the game. New areas, quests, or things to actually explore? Nah. At most a small area with a few fights to occupy without time.

The fact that they haven't completely disappeared gives some hope that the game is not yet completely vaporware. But maybe I am being optimistic because I already expected a delay of at least 1 year for the final version, if not more. But then again, I would expect a delay if they were actively working on the game. If they aren't, well...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom