Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nigga, this guy is taking fatal wounds in cutscenes. This isn't some "oh it's in the gameplay so obviously you have to have him tank a few hits or else it wouldn't be very fun." The first time I saw RE7 and decided I'd never play it was when Ethan's psycho girlfriend was wrecking him and then takes a chainsaw to cut off his arm and he ends up being fine after. Again, this wasn't something that happens in the gameplay, this happened in a cutscene and you're supposed to go "oh okay, makes sense" when he regains the use of his severed limb twenty minutes after being dismembered.
why would you nitpick this of all things.

He would've died of blood loss soon after defeating his wife, but Jack Baker infected him with the mold. Capcom even lampshaded the ridiculousness of Ethan's regenerating abilities by having a hidden cutscene where Jack chops off his leg.

There was a lot of extremely unsubtle foreshadowing that Ethan was infected. I'm surprised most people didn't pick it up from the fact his hand was functioning despite being crudely stapled back on to the stump.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
There was a lot of extremely unsubtle foreshadowing that Ethan was infected. I'm surprised most people didn't pick it up from the fact his hand was functioning despite being crudely stapled back on to the stump.
In the first proper stealth section after the intro, where the dad is chasing you, he can cut your leg off, and then you have to use e healing item in conjunction with your limb to reattach it. It's not that difficult to figure out that Ethan's miraculous healing abilities have something to with whatever is afflicting the family members. There's a note later on, in the first house, that even explicitly says that getting fed food by the family is what gives you

Then again, the average gamer is a mouthbreather, so it wouldn't surprise me if people missed the blatantly obvious.

This demo was a complete borefest, and that's saying something from someone who enjoyed RE7.
To be fair, the demo is basically the first 30 minutes of the game, so it's not like anything too crazy is going to happen.

I've criticized Resident Evil 8 in the thread before, and my criticism still holds true, but I'm starting to understand where CAPCOM is going with RE8. It's basically an evolution of RE7, with a bunch more "RPG" progression mechanics thrown in, and likely a bigger gameworld. If I were to speculate, it's going to be a bunch of "Baker houses" connected by a village overworld, along with the castle and whatever else they've teased in the trailers. The parallels to RE4 are rather obvious too - spooky isolated village with big castle in the distance, merchant character, hunting for treasures etc.

On top of that you have a bunch of Mr. T's going after you (in the form of the daughters), a (hopefully) proper Nemesis in the form of the MILF and an expanded enemy roster in comparison to RE7 - we've already seen a few werewolf variants in previous trailers.

Also, I have to give praise to CAPCOM, their face scanning technology has really come a long way since RE2:R - the characters look like the IRL persons they are based on, and when they make an expression it doesn't look like they're constipated anymore.

JDR13

Arcane
I just finished playing the village part of the demo, and I thought it was pretty much shit. I hope it's doesn't represent how the entire game is going to be.

Underwhelming visuals, clunky movement and controls, and a fucking cutscene literally every few minutes.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
the demo is shit, the gameplay is absoluely anemic and half of it are cutscenes. it ran fine for me until the castle part and the daughter spits bugs at you then the framerate tanked.

my interest has plummeted.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm kinda shocked they spoiled the villagers' fate in this demo, and since that segment is so narrative heavy with loads of cutscenes it just doesn't give a good impression for a short demo :/

Curratum

Why is anyone even expecting anything from RE anymore?

The last passable game they did was 5 and that was 11 years ago.

SumDrunkGuy

Seems like Dimitrescu's face model is Helena mankowska, a russian actress

The voice actress is still supposed to be McGlynn.

A young Saffron Burrows would have been the ideal casting choice. She's even tall (for a lady).

Saffron_Burrows_16789_Medium.jpg

Unfortunately she aged about as well as milk.

december-4-2019-west-hollywood-california-usa-04-december-2019-west-hollywood-california-saffron-burrows-special-screening-of-momentum-pictures-a-million-little-pieces-held-at-the-london-west-hollywood-credit-image-birdie-thompsonadmedia-via-zuma-wire-2ADT4KK.jpg

Still would make for a wonderful Resident Evil monster.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Kanda says that for Village, the team didn’t just want to create a scary horror game. While Resident Evil 7 satisfied fans of the genre, some players found it too scary to even play. For Village, the team went for an experience that is still scary, but in a way that more players can enjoy. To achieve this goal, they came up with two key phrases that would shape Village’s identity: “a theme park of horror” and “ultimate survival horror”."

source: https://www.ign.com/articles/how-re...heavily-inspired-by-resident-evil-4-ign-first

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's basically RE4 wearing RE7's skin - remains to be seen if it will be as well paced and designed as RE4.

I'm betting not, but I will still buy the complete version for $10 down the line.

Also lol at RE7 being too scary. The only horror in that game is the goddamn FOV.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Rest in Peace Resident Evil. You were pretty scary back in the day.

They want to make Resident Evil scary, but also *not* scary? Talk about wanting their cake and eat it too. What they are basically trying to say is, is that they want to make the RE franchise more of a mainstream brand that everyone and their grandmother plays. And they don't care how far they have to stray from the original RE formula to do it, so long as they can keep it appealing to as wide a audience as possible. Well, isn't that just another big middle finger to the classic RE fans?

Also, and this is obligatory;
Fuck RE4

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Nigga, this guy is taking fatal wounds in cutscenes. This isn't some "oh it's in the gameplay so obviously you have to have him tank a few hits or else it wouldn't be very fun." The first time I saw RE7 and decided I'd never play it was when Ethan's psycho girlfriend was wrecking him and then takes a chainsaw to cut off his arm and he ends up being fine after. Again, this wasn't something that happens in the gameplay, this happened in a cutscene and you're supposed to go "oh okay, makes sense" when he regains the use of his severed limb twenty minutes after being dismembered.
why would you nitpick this of all things.

He would've died of blood loss soon after defeating his wife, but Jack Baker infected him with the mold. Capcom even lampshaded the ridiculousness of Ethan's regenerating abilities by having a hidden cutscene where Jack chops off his leg.

I missed this whole fucking cutscene. What the fuck.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh please, we've been over this same bullshit back when RE4 came out.

Capcom likes to experiment, and they did so with 4, 5 and 6. Afterwards they released the remakes of RE2 and RE3, and followed up with RE7. Three action games, followed by three games focused on (survival) horror.

One thing I can't accuse Capcom of is being afraid to experiment with their franchises. Capcom is very well aware that both action-focused and horror-focused RE games sell, so they're likely to return to horror-centric games again in the future.

they want to make the RE franchise more of a mainstream brand that everyone and their grandmother plays
Not to burst your bubble, but that's what RE always has been. RE1 wasn't exactly the epitome of horror, what with the goofy cutscenes, cheesy voice acting and silly plot.

And they don't care how far they have to stray from the original RE formula to do it
You do realize you're likely 20 years too late with that claim? People were bitching that RE2 wasn't scary enough, they were bitching RE3 wasn't survival-horror enough, and they suffered PSTD attacks when RE4 came out.

Capcom has returned to the survival-horror formula a number of times, so I fail to see why this wouldn't be the case in the future. Hell, RE8 is less of a departure from the mold than RE5 and RE6 were.

Fuck you.

It's optional. After the meal with the family, during the stealth section with Jack, if he spots you and deals enough damage, he will cut your leg off.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yep, I didn't know it was a thing either till reading about it and purposefully triggering it on a 2nd playthrough. I guess I always managed to avoid Jack in the dinner sequence.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Oh please, we've been over this same bullshit back when RE4 came out.

One thing I can't accuse Capcom of is being afraid to experiment with their franchises

RE1 wasn't exactly the epitome of horror, what with the goofy cutscenes, cheesy voice acting and silly plot.

Fuck you.

Another RE4 fanboy! Your kind is so numerous it's no wonder this franchise is in the toilet. All you do is shit talk the old games calling them campy or their controls are bad while handwaving away all of Crapcoms shitty decisions with bullshit excuses like "they like experimenting!" You sound like you're making excuses for your gf while she experiments being polyamorous. Fuck you, you stupid cuck! Come out of the closet and admit your love for Leon already, you gaylord RE4 fanboy!

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
It's optional. After the meal with the family, during the stealth section with Jack, if he spots you and deals enough damage, he will cut your leg off.

Oh. I guess I must be too good at video games because he never did that much damage to me. :smug:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Another RE4 fanboy! Your kind is so numerous it's not wonder this franchise is in the toilet.
I'm a RE fanboy in general you dumb monkey. God forbid I can appreciate all the good games in the franchise.

All you do is shit talk the old games calling them campy or their controls are bad while handwaving away all of Capcoms shitty decisions with bullshit excuses like "they like experimenting!"
Nigger, stop huffing the petrol and arguing with a strawman and actually read what I wrote. At what point did I call the old games crappy or criticize the tank controls?

You're acting hysterical, like some woman, because I dare point out that Capcom likes to experiment with the RE formula? I've had the same kind of argument with dumbfucks like you back when RE4 came out and everyone was bitching and moaning that Capcom was just gonna be making action games with the RE name slapped on top, and then they went and released RE2:R and RE7.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Another RE4 fanboy! Your kind is so numerous it's not wonder this franchise is in the toilet.
I'm a RE fanboy in general you dumb monkey. God forbid I can appreciate all the good games in the franchise.

All you do is shit talk the old games calling them campy or their controls are bad while handwaving away all of Capcoms shitty decisions with bullshit excuses like "they like experimenting!"
Nigger, stop huffing the petrol and arguing with a strawman and actually read what I wrote. At what point did I call the old games crappy or criticize the tank controls?

You're acting hysterical, like some woman, because I dare point out that Capcom likes to experiment with the RE formula? I've had the same kind of argument with dumbfucks like you back when RE4 came out and everyone was bitching and moaning that Capcom was just gonna be making action games with the RE name slapped on top, and then they went and released RE2:R and RE7.

Stop talking out of your ass! You've already pointed out that you don't appreciate the old games but now you're calling yourself an RE fanboy in general? Please, get your head out of your ass. You are not a fan of Resident Evil you're a fan of Leon and first/third person action shooters called Resident Evil. That's not real Resident Evil you clown!

Dexter

Arcane
Rest in Peace Resident Evil.
This fussy prima donna is so funny. Please continue to rage and show us how much your butt hurts. :lol:

Oh noes, Resident Evil is teh dead because they're releasing a game that's closer to the Original than anything that came out in the past ~16-19 years aside from Remakes. Like were you in a coma and missed that entire period of time or something? Also all the movies and everything? You're a bit late here trying to "Save the Resident Evul franchise". :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom