Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

mkultra

Augur
consoles are 25-30 FPS for most 3D games, millions of people are happy with that.

That's probably more due to TV frame interpolation, though.

care to explain? i think 30 FPS looks quite bad.. tried playing Day's Gone on my PS4 Pro, but when you're on the bike it drops to 25, that's a bit low for my taste, looks stuttery.. i doubt a TV is helpful in any way of making it look smoother.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
consoles are 25-30 FPS for most 3D games, millions of people are happy with that.

That's probably more due to TV frame interpolation, though.

care to explain? i think 30 FPS looks quite bad.. tried playing Day's Gone on my PS4 Pro, but when you're on the bike it drops to 25, that's a bit low for my taste, looks stuttery.. i doubt a TV is helpful in any way of making it look smoother.

It's something along the lines of "inserting" a frame if there's a big enough gap between two frames. In practice it means you don't really get framerate spikes, but something akin to slowdown and lag. It makes for smoother presentation when you're working within 25-30 range so most don't even register it until they get used to constant 60+ FPS. If you can notice spikes it usually means there's serious performance issues.

mkultra

Augur
It's something along the lines of "inserting" a frame if there's a big enough gap between two frames. In practice it means you don't really get framerate spikes, but something akin to slowdown and lag. It makes for smoother presentation when you're working within 25-30 range so most don't even register it until they get used to constant 60+ FPS. If you can notice spikes it usually means there's serious performance issues.

ah right, it's that stuff you can turn on to make movies look like soap operas. i only use it for animated movies and i also tried it for a movie with a lot of claymation, looked really good. i don't have it turned on for games, supposedly it makes the latency worse so not very useful (already bad on TV's).

Gargaune

Magister
i5 8600K overclocked to 4.8GHz.. been stable so far (since 2 years), we'll see i guess. i can use either 2560x1440 or 1920x1080, i have monitor + an OLED TV (its 4K but 1920x1080 looks good too).. if it has HDR i might play on the TV because the neon signs and whatnot will probably look nice.
Wouldn't speculate on your stats, but you should be perfectly fine at 1080p, like Crispy said. Just make sure your CPU's adequately cooled, especially since you're overclocking. That's why I keep griping about CPU load, I'm limited on my cooling solution so I try to pay attention to it.

Wesp5

Arcane
Cool, Mirror's Edge. Shame CDPR didn't put anything on any of those bloody rooftops.

That's my main problem with the game right now. I haven't bought any cool implants yet, because I just don't need them! The middle difficult missions are easy enough with just the stuff you can loot...

Danikas

Arcane
That's my main problem with the game right now. I haven't bought any cool implants yet, because I just don't need them! The middle difficult missions are easy enough with just the stuff you can loot...
On my first playthrough as a nomad on very hard I didnt use a single implant now on my 2nd run Im using everything game has to offer and it makes the combat really easy when you are overlvld. Game needs some balance and itemization overhaul mod but which CDPR game didnt?

Have mercy, those frametime spikes while moving fast are painful to witness. Yeah, PC version is fine, nothing to complain about here.
I only said that for me playing on 5 year old computer the framerate is fine especially since Im using high settings.

Fallout New Vegas on the same pc and some visual mods drops to 25 fps sometimes thanks to gaybro engine :lol:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Funky car. I just bought the Quadra Javelina last night.

Yes, I know it can be obtained for free but I didn't complete that race the way I needed to in order to not have to buy it.

Gargaune

Magister
Heh. For the first 15 or so levels I didn't upgrade any of my attributes 'cause I hadn't paid attention to the level-up UI. What finally clued me in is when I started coming across doors and the like that needed like sixteen whatever to open.

You should get the leg augs, though, being able to Mario-jump around really livens up exploration.

Funky car. I just bought the Quadra Javelina last night.

Yes, I know it can be obtained for free but I didn't complete that race the way I needed to in order to not have to buy it.
One of the better drivers in the game but I'm still more fond of the Turbo R-740, I find it easier to steer even if her ass flies off at the drop of a hat. Just make sure to give her the proper Rosso Corsa paint she deserves.

msxyz

Augur
I ran CP2077 on a Ryzen 3400G (four core apu, 4.2GHz) with 16GB, a Samsung Evo 980 SSD and a GTX 2070 (non super) video card. Taking into account that I limit the graphic card performance, putting a soft limit on temperature (because it has some annoying, high pitched fans), so that it never goes beyond 60-61 deg and around 1600MHz of dynamic clock, the game runs fine at FullHD resolution with Raytracing on. The game also supports DLSS (not that is needed at 1920x1080, except, maybe, if you have a 2060 and want more than 30fps with RT), but it could be useful if you want to run it at higher resolution. DLSS is a bit soft but at least it gives the game a modicum of anti aliasing that the base game hasn't (yep, in 2021 there are still games without AA!).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playable (especially on a nice rig), definitely.

Enjoyable by all, no.

The game's tech is p. impressive, imo. I realize GTA's been doing this for years, but some of the things you can see and do in CP2077 are impressive enough to at least check it out and see if you like the game or not.

My rig is almost on its deathbed. GTX 1060 6gb, some i5 quadcore and only 8 gb of ram.

Should I skip it rn, and play it when i get a new PC?

Similar to my setup then. Only I have a generation older GFX. You will be fine if you don't insist on nonsense resolutions or refresh rates.

tritosine2k

Erudite
anti aliasing that the base game hasn't
Cyberpunk has TAA that cannot even be disabled without going into config files.
lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/FuckTAA/comments/mker7m/cyberpunk_2077_patch_12_doubles_down_on_forced_taa/
I ran CP2077 on a Ryzen 3400G (four core apu, 4.2GHz) with 16GB, a Samsung Evo 980 SSD and a GTX 2070 (non super) video card. Taking into account that I limit the graphic card performance, putting a soft limit on temperature (because it has some annoying, high pitched fans), so that it never goes beyond 60-61 deg and around 1600MHz of dynamic clock, the game runs fine at FullHD resolution with Raytracing on. The game also supports DLSS (not that is needed at 1920x1080, except, maybe, if you have a 2060 and want more than 30fps with RT), but it could be useful if you want to run it at higher resolution. DLSS is a bit soft but at least it gives the game a modicum of anti aliasing that the base game hasn't (yep, in 2021 there are still games without AA!).
DLSS is a post-process using MPEG-like motion vectors and it's juggling frames by half pixel offsets (supposed to happen WITHIN a single frame for any decent AA -without motion vectors). Gee that's eerily similar to what TAA does.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
lmao there is a whole subreddit commited to hating TAA

Personally I much prefer image stability, so in the absence of DLSS I would always use TAA. Hell, most modern engines (and games) have assets built with TAA in mind and look borderline broken without it, which is why it cannot be disabled in Cyberpunk.
DLSS is similar, but its latest version actually provides (in some respects) superior image while giving a nice performance boost.

Myobi

Liturgist
The problem with shit like "bullying", or "racism" and "oppression" is that everyone wants a bite of it.

Call someone a cunt via internet and the mother fucker will be writing a 7-page essay about “cyber bullying” on some gay ass social media website, it feels like the kid who cried wolf, except it’s the entire village crying wolf instead of the little shitty kid.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I wonder how bad the "bullying" was. Probably all the americans they hired crying
He made some offensive jokes or something.

Or maybe he is a total asshole who screams profanities at people and punches them in the dick and vag when they're not expecting it.

But probably the former.

tritosine2k

Erudite
lmao there is a whole subreddit commited to hating TAA

Personally I much prefer image stability, so in the absence of DLSS I would always use TAA. Hell, most modern engines (and games) have assets built with TAA in mind and look borderline broken without it, which is why it cannot be disabled in Cyberpunk.
DLSS is similar, but its latest version actually provides (in some respects) superior image while giving a nice performance boost.
There s much more to this than blur/ fuzz/ haze .
There are halo-s and halation everywhere because screen space stuff breaking left and right, can't handle fog/ transparency, and TAA / DLSS is another one of those. Halation would be more obvious with clean edges.

copebot

Learned
DLSS is the killer feature part of RTX, with the actual RT part being sort of shit and only good for tech demos. Some of the earliest DLSS implementations were janky but most of the recent mainstream ones have been spot on.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-leaves-embattled-game-developer-cd-projekt

I wonder how bad the "bullying" was. Probably all the americans they hired crying
By this time next year there won't be a single competent person left at CDRP, just the narcissistic management and the woke cult of subhuman degenerates they surrounded themselves with.

They've been bleeding talent since before the release of Witcher 3, and it's only gotten worse over time. The end result of this brain drain was Cyberpunk 2077, and I can't imagine things will improve in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom