Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Drakortha

Liturgist
Rest in Peace Resident Evil.
Oh noes, Resident Evil is teh dead because they're releasing a game that's closer to the Original than anything that came out in the past

You're dumb as FUCK! These trash games are closer to RE4 than anything else which is why all the faggot RE4 fanboys come out of the closet to defend it. At the end of the day you're going to be the one who will be butthurt because Shillage is going to be dead on arrival and RE4 VR is going to play like dogshit!

Go back to reddit/twitter social media and shill for this game over there because that's all this franchise is now a social media and meme generator for RETARDS

Generic-Giant-Spider

Legitimately don't know how you can see a game like REmake and RE6 and go, "YEAH YOU SEE THIS IS WHAT RE HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE."

Dexter

Arcane
You're dumb as FUCK! These trash games are closer to RE4 than anything else which is why all the faggot RE4 fanboys come out of the closet to defend it. At the end of the day you're going to be the one who will be butthurt because Shillage is going to be dead on arrival and RE4 VR is going to play like dogshit!
You're in luck because opposite to some of the other people itt I personally really don't much care about the "Resident Evil franchise", so your butthurt whining is doubly funny to me (aside from the changes in the past 20 years of the franchise history that you've apparently completely missed somehow since you believe RE8 will "kill it" somehow). :lol:

The first game I played was actually Resident Evil 5 in CoOp way back when, which couldn't have been further from "Survival Horror". Then at some point I played the 2002 Remake of the first game and it was okay I guess, and REMake 2/3 are on my "To Play" list (having bought the first on Sale). Oh, I also thought some of the movies with Milla Jovovich were mildly entertaining, but I haven't seen most of em.

I'm here because of the big tiddy milf Romanian vampire and I'm only interested in RE7 because of VR (I'd really love RE7 VR on PC, and the Remake of 4 would be nice too, I guess so I'd have a reason to play all the main titles).

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
IF RE8 is anything like RE7 in terms of everything, then its gonna be great. RE7 was amazing.

Even if RE8 is abit more actiony a-la- RE4, i'm down with that. Probably buying and playing on friday.

Dexter

Arcane
and the Remake of 4 would be nice too

There is zero need to remake 4. It looks fine and it plays great.
I mean this, instead it's stuck on the fucking Quest:

Although a proper REmaster with Updated Textures and Graphics, having proper Lighting and Shadows etc. wouldn't be bad either. It was a fucking GameCube game after all.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
and the Remake of 4 would be nice too
There is zero need to remake 4. It looks fine and it plays great.
it's the case where devs trying to make a "reimagining" would be a preferrable option.
Make nuRE4 consistent with RE2 Remake and turn it back into survival horror, with village/castle/island/lab as complex interconnected locations, with puzzles, item box, proper resource management, backtracking, etc.

Not gonna happen obviously, i expect it to end up being just a RE4 with better graphics and worse game design.

I don't see what would be preferable about taking a cool action game and turning it into something completely different. Why not just make a completely new game then? The only actual improvement RE4 needs is the removal of the shitty QTEs. Everything else in it is fine.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I don't see what would be preferable about taking a cool action game and turning it into something completely different
well RE4 is the most popular and revered game in the series, the remake was inevitable. We can only hope they'd try to reimagine it into something different rather than make a pointless rehash with worse mechanics.

I guess I'm just not graphics whore enough. Graphics of RE4 level still look fine to me. I understand being turned off by PS1 era graphics, but not this. I will try that RE4 texture mod when it's finally finished though, seems like a proper kind of texture pack that doesn't change the art style of the game.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
IF RE8 is anything like RE7 in terms of everything, then its gonna be great. RE7 was amazing.

Even if RE8 is abit more actiony a-la- RE4, i'm down with that. Probably buying and playing on friday.
Looking at the demo, it seems like RE8 will be less scary (indeed the demo is not scary at all) and more alike to the second and less interesting shooter segment of RE7.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Resident Evil 4 is over-rated shit being regurgitated once again because it's fans think that's all Resident Evil is, a fucking shooting gallery and knifing boxes. RE4 was always a piece of shit since day 1 but seeing it now in VR you can really see this formula hasn't aged well at all. What do you fuckers find so exciting about shooting a bunch of villagers for hours and knifing boxes? It's beyond my comprehension how retarded you are if you think RE4 is the pinnacle of Resident Evil and what it needs to be for every sequel ever since.

They put knifing boxes in RE3 Remake for fucks sake! CRAPCOM just can't seem to drop that formula. This boring gamecube game should have been forgotten about and swept under the rug. If you want to worship and revere a RE game then it should be RE:REMAKE yet RE4 has always overshadowed it thanks to RETARDS who could only enjoy RE once it was made into a shooting gallery. Fuck all you losers!

This video just proves my point that RE4 and everything since is made for assholes who hated Resident Evil and only started to like it once it ditched everything that made it great and turned it into a shoot and loot.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Resident Evil 4 is over-rated shit being regurgitated once again because it's fans think that's all Resident Evil is, a fucking shooting gallery and knifing boxes. RE4 was always a piece of shit since day 1 but seeing it now in VR you can really see this formula hasn't aged well at all. What do you fuckers find so exciting about shooting a bunch of villagers for hours and knifing boxes? It's beyond my comprehension how retarded you are if you think RE4 is the pinnacle of Resident Evil and what it needs to be for every sequel ever since.

They put knifing boxes in RE3 Remake for fucks sake! CRAPCOM just can't seem to drop that formula. This boring gamecube game should have been forgotten about and swept under the rug. If you want to worship and revere a RE game then it should be RE:REMAKE yet RE4 has always overshadowed it thanks to RETARDS who could only enjoy RE once it was made into a shooting gallery. Fuck all you losers!

This video just proves my point that RE4 and everything since is made for assholes who hated Resident Evil and only started to like it once it ditched everything that made it great and turned it into a shoot and loot.

I dunno, I kinda liked knifing boxes. Bashing skeletons & boxes is my number 1 fun acitvity in video games.

PrettyDeadman

I dunno, I kinda liked knifing boxes. Bashing skeletons & boxes is my number 1 fun acitvity in video games.

I bet you do. I bet you like it when bad monsters drop loot when you kill them because it makes you feel rewarded. You have the mind of a chimpanzee.
Doesn't every gamer have a mind of a chimpanzee? Why else would a person play videogames.

Drakortha

Liturgist

I bet you do. I bet you like it when bad monsters drop loot when you kill them because it makes you feel rewarded. You have the mind of a chimpanzee.
Doesn't every gamer have a mind of a chimpanzee? Why else would a person play videogames.

Not every gamer plays games for the same reason. I played RE because it was slower paced, thoughtful, suspenseful and I'd get a very strong sense of what the game director was trying to convey with each room and scene. That's all gone now because RE is just another generic third person shooter in an ocean of third person shooters. Ask yourself what sets the new RE games apart from other shooters, apart from it being set in a horror setting? Absolutely nothing. It's just the same shit with a different flavor.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
I bet you like it when bad monsters drop loot when you kill them because it makes you feel rewarded.
you're on RPG Codex.
Killing monsters for phat loot is the essence of the genre.

Resident Evil was not an RPG, it was Survival Horror. A genre who's name is ambiguous as fuck now thanks to it's overuse in marketing for every RE game even when it's strayed so far from what it used to be.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I bet you like it when bad monsters drop loot when you kill them because it makes you feel rewarded.
you're on RPG Codex.

Resident Evil was not an RPG, it was Survival Horror. A genre who's name is ambiguous as fuck now thanks to it's overuse in marketing for every RE game even when it's strayed so far from what it used to be.
It was always an ambiguous term especially since RE2 and RE3 already made the series more action oriented than RE1 was, which also turned into a straight up shooter after the first half of the game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
RE7 was a return to form of the old resident evils, yes it had a more decliny action bit in part 2, but part 1 in the mansion was fucking amazingly well done and a far cry from RE4-5-6, which was the best thing about it.

It shows that Capcom are indeed able to make good resident evil games still, which is why im hopeful for RE8.

Like I said, I can be ok with it being abit more action oriented akin to RE4, aslong as the story is somewhat engaging and scary and shit like that.
Obviously I would have liked a more survival horror oriented game, but it is what it is.

Its probably still gonna blow away most other games in that genre still, even for being worse than RE7 and older titles.
At least it doesn't look like its gonna be as bad as RE5 and RE6, remember that shit? yeah.

Kek

Drakortha

Liturgist
you're on RPG Codex.

It was always an ambiguous term especially since RE2 and RE3 already made the series more action oriented than RE1 was, which also turned into a straight up shooter after the first half of the game.

Everyone says this, but they always forget about RE:Remake that came out sometime after and delivered a true to form Survival Horror game. There's no reason RE couldn't go back to that except for the fact it will alienate everyone who has grown accustomed to first and third person perspective shooters.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Everyone says this, but they always forget about RE:Remake that came out sometime after and delivered a true to form Survival Horror game. There's no reason RE couldn't go back to that except for the fact it will alienate everyone who have grown accustomed to first and third person perspective shooters.
Go back to what? It's only ONE game in the entire series that might actually live up to its genre title. REmake is the exception, not the rule. And I haven't played REmake in such a long time that I don't remember if you're correct or not, I'll just take your word on this.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Two types of survival-horror fans need to be rooted out and decapitated by axe: Silent Hill psychological horror fags and "but in RE2 I had lots of ammo therefore RE4 and beyond is okay" cocksuckas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom