Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks! Some new content to play around with. Lord knows I'm tired of playing Augury of Chaos for the millionth time. It's compatible with the new patch, right? Finally managed to download it after spamming refresh on Pierre's site for the past several hours.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question. Did the crafting system changed on KoTC 2? I an not criticizing the system, it allows you to create cool items. I just believe that the item creation is too streamlined. I mean, you can craft amazing weapons and armor, like a greatsword which costs 200k gold, but the crafting system is just press a button, pay the xp/gold and materialize a adamantine plate armor. Them move to a caster and enchants it.

Would be cool if you need ingots, find a furnace hot enough to melt adamantine and then pass a hard craft armor check. Same with enchanting. On Gothic 2 - returning, you need to find a lot of ingredients to make some spells/armor/weapons.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
hey Meredoth . turns out Mere and i were friends on steam for yearssss and talked a few times but never knew he was a dexer. :D anyway, Mere, how is gothic 2 returning and is it in english? I think that's the big g2 mod, right? sorry to go offtopic but since u mentioned it i was curious. cheers!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well, you do indeed need ingots, gold, and experience to make equipment in Chalice 2:
9rMKjvr.png
You don't manufacture the ingots though. You have to fight tooth and nail to get them. Best ingots make best gear; but are in tough encounters. If you're a Mage or Sorcerer, you're also slowing down your ability to get transformation by taking the experience cost. So unlike Chalice 1, there is a risk vs reward in crafting. Besides, I didn't find much reason to craft in Augury of Chaos. Pierre showers you with lots of magical loots.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mere, how is gothic 2 returning and is it in english?

The english translation is crap and you will need to spend a lot of time with google translator + RPGRussia forums but trust me. Worth if you value immersion. If you wanna a easier time/a power fantasy, install alternative balancing, but I prefer the normal returning on "hard/heavy" difficulty. Took 14 hours for me to become a necromancer in that game and when I become, I only had money to learn one circle 1 magic and I sold all of my undead parts and later could't make the summon skeleton rune for a long time;.

. Besides, I didn't find much reason to craft in Augury of Chaos. Pierre showers you with lots of magical loots.

Yep. Thanks for the answer. KoTC 2 seems way better than 1 and KoTC 1 is already a amazing game.

What make my "hyped" is that despite the game being available to few lucky ones, you is already seeing new "player created modules". Just imagine after the game launches. You will probably gonna see Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Mystara and tons of iconic D&D settings which Woketards doesn't care being converted into KoTC 2 engine

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
God. I would love a Ravenloft: Stone Prophet module in Chalice 2 module editor. Especially if they manage to get this song in:

Stone Prophet is a glimmering gem of awesomeness.

Ragniz

Novice
is it playeable yet?
  • In the creature editor, 'effects' page, added a button to make it easier to add reduced-difficulty negative levels to creatures.
Looks like all the difficulty setting does is nerf enemies, you're still fighting hordes every fight with limited resting so not sure if a couple negative levels will level the field

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
is it playeable yet?
  • In the creature editor, 'effects' page, added a button to make it easier to add reduced-difficulty negative levels to creatures.
Looks like all the difficulty setting does is nerf enemies, you're still fighting hordes every fight with limited resting so not sure if a couple negative levels will level the field
deg4hta-03701970-c674-4b8b-a852-485eb7ac572e~2.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
you're still fighting hordes every fight with limited resting so not sure if a couple negative levels will level the field

That depends a lot on how "negative levels" are treated.

For example, having to face a caster capable of casting 8th tier magic while you can only cast 5th is not easy(unless the AI is retarded). If the caster has the same spells but just a low "caster level" it would't make the fight that much easy or hard by reducing or raising some levels.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That depends a lot on how "negative levels" are treated.

For example, having to face a caster capable of casting 8th tier magic while you can only cast 5th is not easy(unless the AI is retarded). If the caster has the same spells but just a low "caster level" it would't make the fight that much easy or hard by reducing or raising some levels.

In most cases you're fighting enemies with spell levels far superior to yours, the goblin king is a good example here. You have to make him waste his high level spells or he'll wipe you out with chain lightning. Dropping levels may help for some of these guys, but later on most of them are max level, losing a few just means one less prismatic void down your pants.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looking into the KS

04b8ee6f5ab1d68d1a8865257e9a260c_original.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

Imagine if Pierre had reached 300k.

Necromancer, sapient book, gargoyle companion, succubus companion, BG2 style city "open quests, player stronghold, demon companion, water elemental companion and ToEE style 3D animations in a 2D envoriment... But no, people on kickstarter decided to spend money on projects like dreamscam...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking into the KS

04b8ee6f5ab1d68d1a8865257e9a260c_original.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

Imagine if Pierre had reached 300k.

Necromancer, sapient book, gargoyle companion, succubus companion, BG2 style city "open quests, player stronghold, demon companion, water elemental companion and ToEE style 3D animations in a 2D envoriment... But no, people on kickstarter decided to spend money on projects like dreamscam...
He'll do it eventually anyway.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
We're getting 3D models. Pierre's working on them. Succubus Paladin companion is already in the game too:
She's a statue! You have to rescue her!
0EvOCPC.png
Don't know about the other features, but Pierre will give them to us.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Don't know about the other features, but Pierre will give them to us.

I'm not so sure about the last three at least, besides, it's only "cosmetic" and the new 3D models don't really fit into the 2D backgrounds, i find 2D sprites more fitting.
The one thing that would attract the crowds would be different attack and finishing moves with some blood and gore like in the early barbarians with heads rolling on the ground and other games like mortal kombat.

Then again, if all the maps from the next modules are made like the village one, 3D models work quite well in this new environment.

By the way, i launched a new campaign to test the new village and it has quite a lot of new encounters, couldn't even see the end of it because my adventurer career ended in a dark cave.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Just email him. Be forewarned that he uses a very shitty host and it'll take all day to download the 2Gb installer.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Pretty much, he hasn't refused anyone who asked yet afaik.
Looks like he's still polishing the game tho, so why not wait a bit longer and get the final version once it hits the major distributors?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom