Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The video has mixed content from the originals and the Evo versions, which have new portrait art etc.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, you're probably going to love him someday.

Last edited:

Ventidius

Arbiter
McBurn is definitely the best antagonist in Cold Steel IV, and one of the very few that got a satisfying conclusion to his arc. That he did so is actually even more impressive when you consider that he was a highlight in the previous two games as well.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Dat feeling when you attack random monster and it has 3 shining poms and everyone's s-crafts are fully charged.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Nice s-craft art of Amalthea from the (non-localized) kiseki browser game.

Kanone-Amalthea-S-Craft-Akatsuki.png

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
She got a pretty nice upgrade it seems. Used to be quite a flat character so to speak.

kain30

Cipher
What an emotional rollercoaster the finale of TOCS 4 was! I also got the true ending and everything else after that. I really want to know when the next "trails" saga will start. I can´t wait!

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
She got a pretty nice upgrade it seems. Used to be quite a flat character so to speak.

Not everyone can be as gifted as the golden rack-shasa.

What an emotional rollercoaster the finale of TOCS 4 was! I also got the true ending and everything else after that. I really want to know when the next "trails" saga will start. I can´t wait!

Still going through my NG+ of CS3 before i finally start 4(am about 20 percent in act 4 atm).

Ysaye

Arbiter
I also got the true ending and everything else after that.
Are there any prerequisites or it's just some choice in the end like in Personas?
If that's possible to tell without spoilers...

Generally the prerequisites are complete all side quests including ones that are hidden (hidden quests should be harder to miss this time because in the quick travel map it tells you if flags if anything is new in an area) and also beat all of the cryptids that give lost arts; I don't believe the said quests need to have been done to get maximum AP. This then leads to a character announcing that they have found something that you should investigate. Complete this hidden quest which then opens up the possibility of the second ending, which has its own final boss but only after you have finished with the other ending (Both endings are technically canon important for the next game for context for the next game).

Finally after finishing the second ending there is an option to save; do so and reload to see one final but important scene.

Ventidius

Arbiter
I found this spoiler-heavy interview about Cold Steel IV with Toshihiro Kondo a while back, and thought it was rather interesting:

https://gu4n.medium.com/trails-of-c...en-interview-with-kondo-toshihiro-3fed57af363

I like that the interview covers a few lore-related topics and elucidates on a few things that the games may not have made entirely clear.

It is curious that Kondo is still so involved in the creative process of the franchise despite being the president of Falcom. He's credited as the producer in all four Cold Steel games and a few other recent Falcom games. That may have something to do with the level of consistency in the quality of the company's output. In retrospect, it's quite remarkable that this was the same guy who directed classics like Ys Origin.

EDIT: Heh, just noticed via the search function that the interview had already been posted. Oh well, it's worth posting it again now that more people have finished/are finishing the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

The problem with interviews is they are usually filled with massive spoilers on the latest game to be released in Japan. So I never read them.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Well, this one doesn't seem to have any significant bits about Hajimari or the Calvard arc. I mean, the interview is from late 2019 and Hajimari was released in late 2020.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Just finished my CS3 NG+ run and am prepping to begin CS4 and work towards getting my fourth Sara bond chievo that will be proudly displayed on my Steam achievement showcase with all the others.

Jinn

Arcane
work towards getting my fourth Sara bond chievo that will be proudly displayed on my Steam achievement showcase with all the others.

Just got mine today. Only romance worth pursuing! Love the name of the achievement too, hahahaha!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Good thing monsters in altered towers don't respawn when you change flloors - at least i can see if i cleared it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yeah. Hate to admit, but actually looked all book locations before even starting second game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom