Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 180 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 208 28.3%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
9FfpPlH.jpg

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those look very nice! Kind of bad they are still basically for grey and brown dungeons maybe they could be touched up to have more contrast? Are these only for environment or also mobs?
Is there a version for M&M6?

DaveO

Erudite
Are there HD textures for MM6? I don't care much for MM7 due to the skill exploit.

DaveO

Erudite
I'm going to do the Merge mod since I'm moving the other MM6 stuff to be Patreon exclusive. Again, my solo dragon will look to start in MM7.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
everything is op eventually. Make party without light.dark magic and it will still kill everything easily(assuming you dont cheat with invis)

DaveO

Erudite
Don't expect many levels in MM7. I struggled with the game and I truly hated the skill exploit.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really wish they would have built more on Arcomage. That thing is so fun even tho it's too easy. I remember there's a standalone version somewhere I think

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't expect many levels in MM7. I struggled with the game and I truly hated the skill exploit.

It's got a hump but you eventually get there. Except vs Minotaurs IIRC.

Annoying part of MM6-9 is how good the RT is vs the TB.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really wish they would have built more on Arcomage. That thing is so fun even tho it's too easy. I remember there's a standalone version somewhere I think
Are you certain that you're not confusing it with Qwent?
There is a stand alone version as I have it on one of my hard drives. I install it every once in awhile to play.

edit: It's an Arcromage "tribute" but it's identical to the game found in M&M.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They’re both decent games. MtG was around then IIRC but the CCG aspect wasn’t as widely appreciated as it was when Gwent came along.

Ironically Gwent is closer to Garfield’s original vision than MtG itself turned out to be.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Arulan

Cipher
Unfortunately I have to put MM1 on hold for a little while. Who knew that moving across the US would be so time-consuming.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Anyone tried to reach upper hive floors in Alvar from M&M 6-8? I don't remember much issues in the original M&M8 but now - can't reach more than one floor because they're like few pixels too high to climb with Jump spell. Can't reach remining honey jars :(
Also - it stutter like hell there when you walk under larger floor hole, so you can only lure bees here. If you can reach them with limited camera control (feels like Build engine camera limits), that's it...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Anyone tried to reach upper hive floors in Alvar from M&M 6-8? I don't remember much issues in the original M&M8 but now - can't reach more than one floor because they're like few pixels too high to climb with Jump spell.

Yeah, no luck. Jump seems to have been nerfed, perhaps its parameters were imported from MM6 or MMM7 and are no longer appropriate for the wasp hive's size.

Can't reach remining honey jars

It's not honey, it's royal jelly.

Efe

Erudite
and elves cant wear it even tho they get dark elf skill.
nobody here is part of the mod, you are better off raising an issue in gitlab.

jump spell was shorter than usual and couldnt traverse bee hive. FixMovement=1 in mm8.ini solves that

DaveO

Erudite
Jump is broken on the GoG version. You need the GrayFace patch to fix it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom