Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Czech voiceacting (being done by fans, who managed to recruit some professional actors too) is starting to sound pretty damn good. For now only cutscenes will be voiced, but apparently if they manage to raise enough funds, the intent would be to do entire game (which has over 70 hours of spoken dialogue, so no exactly easy).

Lol peak cuckery when a game about czech history made by a czech dev releases without czech voice acting :lol: Keep this up and in 100 years there will be no czech language.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Nah, we actually talked to the devs about it on this very forum. There isn't the market for it; it costs X, and the sales expected due to the feature are Y, and X > Y.

But we get it, culture war culture war culture war.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Well considering that people nitpick so much, they would either go professional voice acting, or not at all. You can't just hire people from the street for dozen of bucks to voice act, because the czech players would mock the warhorse for terrible voice acting EVEN if there was information upfront that czech language voiceover was done with amateurs.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Nah, we actually talked to the devs about it on this very forum. There isn't the market for it; it costs X, and the sales expected due to the feature are Y, and X > Y.
I would gladly have played with Czech voice-acting and English subtitles, and no doubt many other non-Czechs would have considered this as enhancing immersion and historical realism. +M

agris

Arcane
Patron
I would gladly have played with Czech voice-acting and English subtitles, and no doubt many other non-Czechs would have considered this as enhancing immersion and historical realism. +M
This is why I know we discussed it in the thread; that’s how I wanted to play as well, and I asked smej about it.

But my, or your, desire to play a certain way does not make a business justification. There’s a reason so many more people watch dubs than merely read the subs.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
But my, or your, desire to play a certain way does not make a business justification. There’s a reason so many more people watch dubs than merely read the subs.
ktm9nz.jpg

Quillon

Arcane

I don't care about czech dubs but they should've at least added it post release, after the game had good sales. Even germany based Crytek with EA as their publisher added turkish dubs to crysis games and that certainly wasn't a sound business decision :P But it was great to play the game with turkish VO for me with all the trad media being censored af, it was very refreshing to hear the VAs go full vulgar at times.

Dubs for games are different than movies tho, would much rather watch any non-animated-movie with subs.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

I don't care about czech dubs but they should've at least added it post release, after the game had good sales. Even germany based Crytek with EA as their publisher added turkish dubs to crysis games and that certainly wasn't a sound business decision :P But it was great to play the game with turkish VO for me with all the trad media being censored af, it was very refreshing to hear the VAs go full vulgar at times
The dialogue amount of a 6 hour first person shooter and an rpg is not comparable at all though.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

But we get it, culture war culture war culture war.

God bless the weebs for not making me put-up with American dub in my anime games. I hope that sometime in the future as Eastern European devs keep releasing quality games Slaveebs will arise and make things right. At the time of Witcher 3 release I was actively shitposting on 4chan, trying to convince people that the only way to play Witcher 3 is with the original Polish voiceovers.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Night Raid
If this is the kind of cinematic garbage where nothing you do matters we can expect more of in the next game then count me out.
It's just "We Ran out of Time: The Quest". Most of the endgame is like that, but Night Raid's probably the most glaring example of it. They probably had grand plans for the siege part and couldn't bear to scrap it all, with Brian Blessed on board and all that.

Funposter

Arcane
Night Raid
If this is the kind of cinematic garbage where nothing you do matters we can expect more of in the next game then count me out.
It's just "We Ran out of Time: The Quest". Most of the endgame is like that, but Night Raid's probably the most glaring example of it. They probably had grand plans for the siege part and couldn't bear to scrap it all, with Brian Blessed on board and all that.
It's probably better in regards to bugs etc. now, but at launch you could clearly see that the monastery was the point where the game started to fall apart from a technical standpoint, crushed under the weight of its own ambition. Everything afterwards was similarly buggy while also being less complex, so Vranik and the Siege of Talmberg are definitely the least enjoyable parts of the game and the five or so hours you spend on all of it really makes the game seem worse than it is.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Seems like a waste of time since they have already working modified version of cryengine. Just update the newest version. It looks good already.
I don't think Cryengine will ever have its own version of Nanite, and I suspect without it it might be difficult to compete on graphical front in the future.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like a waste of time since they have already working modified version of cryengine. Just update the newest version. It looks good already.
I don't think Cryengine will ever have its own version of Nanite, and I suspect without it it might be difficult to compete on graphical front in the future.
it will depend on time + resources saved with nanites vs time + resources to modify UR with their system. i am not a dev, so I don't understand how much work can be saved with nanites. it sounds impressive basically creating meshes automatically but who knows.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Virgin "everything is AI-generated" Unreal vs Chad "everything is hand-crafted" other engines

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom