Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Friendly advice - upgrade your forum software

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
According to the copyright at the bottom of the page, the version you're running is from 2019.

In 2020, a vulnerability in Xenforo 2.1 was patched, which involved XSS in content approval queue: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-fix-and-media-gallery-2-1-7-released.175577/

This vulnerability allows data theft and unauthenticated access to be performed with a specially crafted thread title, accessing the forum with elevated privileges when a moderator checks the approval queue. As far as I know, the first few posts on the Codex have to be manually approved.

It would be a HUGE shame if somebody exploited this vulnerability and say, banned Crispy and deleted all of his posts. I am thus advising you to perform a forum software upgrade as soon as possible.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It would be a HUGE shame if somebody exploited this vulnerability and say, banned Crispy and deleted all of his posts. I am thus advising you to perform a forum software upgrade as soon as possible.
A huge shame for the forum, Crispy, or the person who tried the hack?
You have less than 7 cycles of guilt to convince me that you aren't a Jian.

If you have ever used a Facere Mortis, or, the Commander forbid, the Double Katanas; then you are a Jian. Real aspirants of the Culter Dei use only the Damocles and the Arracondra.

If you have ever used the Medikit, filthy disease ridden rat manger instrument that it is, then you are a Double Jian. The devout of the Culter Dei only use the power of Alchemy and Maintenance in the battlefield to mend their wounds. And only rarely, as our armor deflects even the most penetrative .444k round. Multiple times over.

If you have ever used silenced coward weapons, like the Motra or the BOSCO, then you are a Triple Jian. If you have used them in combination with Cloak, then you are a Triple Double Jian, and should be shamed, castrated, and banished to Aemos to be intruded into by your most beloved fraud, master anzymut.

If you have used any augmentations other than Cyber Legs and Adrenaline, then you are a false messiah born out of the fornicating septic waste of New Eden's organic waste fuel recycling facilities.

Only the most holy and sacred firearms are allowed to be used by our prestigious errants; only the HS 010 (in Fuller Auto mode. Forbid the use of semi and LESSER auto. Such settings are only for the lesser peoples.), the 444k Bear Killer, Rotten Mound, Hunting Machine, Deperazor, and Sulfatum, and the Excidium are considered acceptable. Usage of anything lesser is heresy of the highest order, and you should be punished as befits the lowliest of the Jian peasantry.

Now, prove to me you aren't a Jian. Or else the next time there are waves in the temple, they'll see your stupid clown face being worn as a moron party mask.

SoupNazi

I liked you better when you had that little dwarf with a pickaxe as your avatar

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked you better when you had that little dwarf with a pickaxe as your avatar
Me too, but DU removed DF avatars :negative:

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
For the social workers monitoring Crispy 's mental health through this website.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
They do regular patches for software?

Who knew.

Who knew.

Man I don't think I've upgraded anything here since XF first came out. I just kind of leave it. I mean, sometimes I get emails about a new update but meh. Who has the time.

thesoup

Arcane
It's all fun and games until you realize you've been sending spam for the past 3 months and now you're on all possible blacklists.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
According to the copyright at the bottom of the page, the version you're running is from 2019.
which is not even 2.0
Let me guess, which means the vulnerability is not even there? :P
The link in the original post says that the vulnerability was introduced in version 2.1.0 which was released in January 2019. I'm not sure what version the board is currently using, though.

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
which is not even 2.0
Let me guess, which means the vulnerability is not even there? :P
The link in the original post says that the vulnerability was introduced in version 2.1.0 which was released in January 2019. I'm not sure what version the board is currently using, though.
You can't tell, that's the whole point. If it's from 2019 then it's likely it has that vulnerability.

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
XenForo 1.5 End of Life Reminder

As we first notified you back in December 2018, XenForo 1.5 is now considered a legacy product and is no longer in active development. As such, we ended support and upgrades for it back in May 2019, but committed to releasing security updates, should issues arise, until 31st December 2019.

1.5 years after security updates ended, LOL!

Maxie

was it a friendly advice as in 'hey du fix this website or we get fucked nigga' type of advice
or as in 'hehe i see ur website is EZ TO COMPROMISE it would be a shame if sb COMPROMISED it ;'))'

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
If jcd wanted he could've nuked this place years ago, Bald Benzolord is just being a fucking retard as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom