Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

Beowulf

Arcane
Looks nice. Hopefully in the Enhanced Edition they will enable some HUD customization option.
Deathwing was really immersive, because the HUD was so minimal.

lightbane

Arcane
Halo-esque shields? :decline: While they exist in lore, a regular bounty hunter shouldn't be able to afford one, and if he does have one, he would have to pay it for generations or so, but I suppose consoles are to blame. It looks like nu-Doom meets Borderlands meets nu-Deus Ex.

lightbane

Arcane
Wasn't that a mere increment to armor, not just an actual popamole shield? I barely remember much of EYE, it was like a playable fever dream, which is fitting, but not the point here. Portable shields in WH40k are tools that should be used by nobles and commanders, so the MC having one is quite convenient. Perhaps it's something you have to buy separately for a hefty price instead of starting with one? That would be much better IMO.
We'll see. Hopefully the game requirements are not too exaggerated.

Wasn't that a mere increment to armor, not just an actual popamole shield?

No, it was total immunity to almost all forms of damage, and combined with the vitality converter you could keep it up in combat almost indefinitely.
Eh not quite indefinitely but it does come in handy on higher difficulties when you need to get to safety ASAP.

At very high levels you can have it on all the time even under fairly heavy fire, since you become more efficient overall as you develop your character. Hit Vitality Converter to restore energy. Use Alchemy on dropped items to restore health, or in singleplayer, Substitution Gate.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't that a mere increment to armor, not just an actual popamole shield? I barely remember much of EYE, it was like a playable fever dream, which is fitting, but not the point here. Portable shields in WH40k are tools that should be used by nobles and commanders, so the MC having one is quite convenient. Perhaps it's something you have to buy separately for a hefty price instead of starting with one? That would be much better IMO.
We'll see. Hopefully the game requirements are not too exaggerated.

it could be explained as archeotech looted in the under hive.

I checked the available preview and all have the shield present (though in some it's above the health bar and in other below)

ADL

Prophet
This looks amazing but I'm still disappointed that it's linear with side quests. Hopefully it's super replayable but it seems like I'll get significantly less out of this versus their other games and I expect a little more when Streum only puts out a new game once every five years.

ADL

Prophet
I'm a 40K lorelet is there any suitable "EYE in everything but name" faction/setting that they could use as a replacement for a spiritual successor? Seems like they're gonna be stuck on the Warhammer IP going forward unless Focus wants to take a chance and use EYE instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom