Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Learned
So, there was a new text file leak from the new beta... BIG spoilers ahead:
The secret ending is you and your companions becoming new gods, with a realm of your own that changes based on your chosen mythic. Also you can save Areelu and let her become a goddess with the rest of your gang.
"Key": "640a7a9a-41ce-42ba-a78c-bcf846cddbff",
"Value": "\"I've managed to acquire six crystals, which is enough to share this power with my companions and give the last one to you, Areelu. All of us will venture into eternity together.\""
and
Aeon, as predicted, can retcon the whole game, with no Worldwound happening at all.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
The secret ending is you and your companions becoming new gods, with a realm of your own that changes based on your chosen mythic. Also you can save Areelu and let her become a goddess with the rest of your gang.
"Value": "\"I've managed to acquire six crystals, which is enough to share this power with my companions and give the last one to you, Areelu. All of us will venture into eternity together.\""
and
Aeon, as predicted, can retcon the whole game, with no Worldwound happening at all.

The things definitely seem logical Aeon clearly fits basically pulling game developer and the crystal stuff makes perfect sense since its basically end of the cycle. You have been made by her and now you make her.

Also i kinda hope Secret ending if you are trickster does involve Shika and you having fun, like its missed opportunity to not have two trolls try to one up each other. I also hope Aeon has chance to basically pull HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE WINNERS and taunt Descari as he pulls his ace.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Here is what Legend does, checked the new json myself and yeah, it's the real deal.
{
"Key": "91f361cc-c94c-464d-83ba-6d6d5b9c12fd",
"Value": "The path to becoming a legend is a long and difficult one, but after you become one — you will be the pinnacle of what a mortal can become.\nAll your {g|Encyclopedia:Ability_Scores}ability scores{/g} will be increased by 4. Your level cap will become 40 (you still can only get 20 levels in one character class), and the amount of {g|Encyclopedia:XP}XP{/g} needed to level up will be drastically decreased."
},
{
"Key": "34031143-8d32-4985-beaa-7b78814ee1c5",
"Value": "Legend"
},
{
"Key": "1838bfcb-9cd3-4ab5-891f-0c415c20be80",
"Value": "All your {g|Encyclopedia:Ability_Scores}ability scores{/g} are increased by 4. Your level cap has become 40 (you still can only get 20 levels in one character class), and the amount of {g|Encyclopedia:XP}XP{/g} needed to level up is drastically decreased."
},
{

That opens up some crazy build possibilities, but I am skeptical that the experience availability makes it feasible. Would likely be for solo only runs. In a game like WotR, that is probably masochistic.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
These ones are more real, they're being pairposted with new datamined portrait snippets for authenticity.

MaleTrickster is going to be a Leprechaun.
1619985833154.jpg

and

Oh man, that's so fucking gay

Here is what Legend does, checked the new json myself and yeah, it's the real deal.
{
"Value": "The path to becoming a legend is a long and difficult one, but after you become one — you will be the pinnacle of what a mortal can become.\nAll your {g|Encyclopedia:Ability_Scores}ability scores{/g} will be increased by 4. Your level cap will become 40 (you still can only get 20 levels in one character class), and the amount of {g|Encyclopedia:XP}XP{/g} needed to level up will be drastically decreased."
},
{
},
{
"Value": "All your {g|Encyclopedia:Ability_Scores}ability scores{/g} are increased by 4. Your level cap has become 40 (you still can only get 20 levels in one character class), and the amount of {g|Encyclopedia:XP}XP{/g} needed to level up is drastically decreased."
},
{

But this looks cool, maybe now I can make a fighter/rogue/sorcerer/eldritch knight that actually works

LabRat

Learned
{
},
{
},
{
},
{
If this can increase my CL more than level 20. It would be even better. I don't know if this is mean that I will lose all my mythic feat and ability if I go Legend path. Considering that most demons enemy has so many resistances and immunities, and I always play caster, there are some important mythic feats, such as Ascendant Element.

{
},
{
},
{
},
{
If this can increase my CL more than level 20. It would be even better. I don't know if this is mean that I will lose all my mythic feat and ability if I go Legend path. Considering that most demons enemy has so many resistances and immunities, and I always play caster, there are some important mythic feats, such as Ascendant Element.

While a character with 40 caster levels would be wonderful, they'd have to remove the hardcap from most of the spells. Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee don't have any explicit cap, so you could get use out of the uber CL, but many spells--even Level 8 Stormbolts caps at D20. Owlcat is one of the few developers that has the stones to house rule something like that, but it would be be necessary to make it worthwhile compared to other mythic abilities like Zippy and Favorable Magic.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They can improve mod support by giving us documentation. Modding Kingmaker was a hassle, because you had nothing. All you had to reference were the works of other mod makers.

ChildInTime

Learned
{
},
{
},
{
},
{
Lich and Angel already increase your caster level above 20 if you merge the spellbooks. I don't think legend will be able to do that, as each class here is separate.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Was really enjoying that Wizards&Warriors mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom