Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Back 4 Blood - new co-op zombie shooter from Left 4 Dead developer

Latro

Arcane
Me and friends tried to get back to L4D2 after the recent update to make some new achievements and honestly, the game is old. None of us was enjoying it anymore.

I've played many of the popular co-op online games, including Vermintide, Payday, Killing Floor, Borderlands, NMRiH, etc. After all of them, L4D feels like something of a basis you could make your game on, but not something that you could sell today. That's why I have mixed feelings about this, disregarding who's making this or why.

So, yeah, Darktide looks far more interesting.
Depends, L4D1 was quite good as a competitive team VS game.

Arulan

Cipher
Probably for the best. The game needs more time in development.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. Experience the intense 4 player co-op narrative campaign, competitive multiplayer as human or Ridden, and frenetic gameplay that keeps you in the action.

There is an upcoming open Beta announcement for PC and Console, stay tuned for more info on that soon.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Hell is up with the dialogue. I hate being that kind of miser, but it's sad to see that the voicework and writing is another thing to decline since L4D2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Millennial zoomer humor, aka tension killer. Everything is treated as a joke and characters have to be sarcastic with a snarky voice 100% of the time. Avoid like the plague.

Harthwain

Magister
Millennial zoomer humor, aka tension killer. Everything is treated as a joke and characters have to be sarcastic with a snarky voice 100% of the time. Avoid like the plague.
Reminds me of most games where you play as an evil overlord.

The "card system that will change the way you play" is just 10% stat/ammo/damage bonuses
:neveraskedforthis:
Edit:
oWlyZqY.png

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
These guys got away with Evolve and they're coming back for more, and gamers are none the wiser. Robbed in broad daylight, with no sheriff in sight.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That trailer music. They have the whole world of cool music to pick from and they picked the most generic stuff they could find.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Have fond memory playing left 4 dead together with my brother and his friends. Well, If Valve doesn't make left 4 dead 3, then I'll take whatever I can get, as long as the reviews are decent.

Ivan

Arcane
I can't go back to this type of FPS where you just mow down enemies this recklessly/thoughtlessly.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/924970/view/2990939117292977169

Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. Play the Open Beta and experience intense four-player co-op, competitive multiplayer as human or Ridden, and frenetic gameplay that keeps you in the action.

Early Access Period: August 5 at noon PDT - August 9 at noon PDT
Open Beta Period: August 12 at noon PDT - August 16 at noon PDT

Playable Modes:
PvE (Classic, Survivor, Hard)
- Choose from five different Cleaners, one of the immune survivors, and a range of lethal weapons and items.

PvP Swarm Mode
- Play with or against friends in PvP. Switch between playing as a Cleaner with special perks and up to six different Ridden. Both sides come with unique weapons, abilities, and specialties.

Open Beta is cross-gen and cross-play supported.

Read the back 4 Blood FAQ here > https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402069127315

Harthwain

Magister
I can't go back to this type of FPS where you just mow down enemies this recklessly/thoughtlessly.

But this is the best type of fps! :D
It was interesting how tactical Left 4 Dead series were, despite it literally being "people with guns mow down unarmed opponents". You could organically learn a lot by playing it. I only realized it later, when I was reading through Tactical Preschool (can highly recommend the read).

And there was PvP on top of that, where special zombies were much more dangerous, because players obviously are better at coordinating their attacks on human players, so there was extra challenge involved (as well as "which team will do better" comparison of each team's efforts).

Curratum

I dunno, I've always been more of a Killing Floor fan than a L4D fan. KF1 felt grittier, grimier and scarier overall, and the emphasis on inter-class teamwork and roles was very enjoyable.

Shame about what they did to KF2 though. Maybe I should reinstall L4D2 and give it another go, if it's still populated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom