Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

fork

No.

All users are bi trans-nigger furries there, or at least identify as such. There's no need to discuss politics in such a diverse environment.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Do they have the same amount of politics on the leftist gaming forums?
Waah, there's no niggers in Kingdom Come!
Waah, Call of Juarez Cartel is racist!
Waah, CP77 misrepresents trans freaks!
Waah, there's no niggers in HBO's Chernobyl!
Waah, nigger playing Roland Deschain is fine!
Waah, nigger playing Mannerheim is fine!

And such, movies or games doesn't differ much

just a newfag

Literate
How come games are loaded with jewish, pop culture style politics, but they can't get actual politics or c&c right? Its like games are made for the widest audience possible...

2kNt4Ks.png

Boleskine

Arcane
When can we expect the split to happen?

For the sake of preserving the sanctity of RPG discussion on the Codex, as well as protecting the mental health of people who are forced to read certain threads or subforums in which they claim to have no interest, I hope to hear an update soon.

I look forward to the establishment of the new sister forums, RPG-Only Codex and TomeFront.

SoupNazi

What if the split already happened, but no one told us? What if we have been left behind, experiencing merely a simulation of the original codex while the two real codices exist far beyond the horizon of our perception?
I need a "that's deep" button for this post

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So, DU is preparing to finally flush the turd that wouldn't flush?
:incline:
Alternatively, DU could just ban YOU and every other whiny libshit from GD and tell you he's deleted it. You don't like it anyway, so why should you know about it or see what goes on there?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Not really living up to your name Non-Edgy Gamer.

Alternatively, DU could just ban YOU and every other whiny libshit from GD and tell you he's deleted it. You don't like it anyway, so why should you know about it or see what goes on there?
Deleting the whiny users is a myth. They just end up being replaced with whinier ones.

Ladonna

Arcane
lol, a political Codex wouldn't last 5 minutes. As soon as the RPG front was taken away, you would be invaded by shills and shut down within a month. As it stands now, the year wait along with the fact the site doesn't openly advertise politics as a thing is the only thing that has saved it. But you guys do what you do.

I am guessing some people in admin are shitting their pants that they might be discovered, so are suggesting this to avoid a major fallout, would this be correct?

azimuth

Educated
Yes, you should split it off and jettison it into the moon.

There are precious few sites out there that can claim RPGs the way the Codex can. It could be a really good site for grognards.

The incessant boring political shit clouds every conversation. You get people complaining about "the agenda" in the writing or whatever way before they talk about whether it's a good RPG or not. Who gives a shit? I wanna know about the RPG parts.

The politics people are here for the wrong reasons, and they push actual RPG people away because we don't care about their politics.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The incessant boring political shit clouds every conversation. You get people complaining about "the agenda" in the writing or whatever way before they talk about whether it's a good RPG or not.

Why are you assuming this would stop happening if GD is split off? I should think it'd only start happening more often.

mondblut

Arcane
Yes, you should split it off and jettison it into the moon.

There are precious few sites out there that can claim RPGs the way the Codex can. It could be a really good site for grognards.

The incessant boring political shit clouds every conversation. You get people complaining about "the agenda" in the writing or whatever way before they talk about whether it's a good RPG or not. Who gives a shit? I wanna know about the RPG parts.

The politics people are here for the wrong reasons, and they push actual RPG people away because we don't care about their politics.

lenormalperson.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom