Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
i'm surprised no one here talked about

legend allowing you 20 extra levels of dipping into other classes instead of mythic powers
imagine what ineffect is gonna cook up next

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finally downloaded the new beta. Yay me! Also! Whoa bros! Look at all these portraits!
rL5yNhk.png
I know which one I'm going to use!

Look at these monk classes! That's more than I can count on my fingers!
aMCtn8p.png

Delterius

Arcane
Hey! They added search function! That's cool!
i feel free

Athletics 3 Rank
You know what? If you are strong, there is little difference between anything and anything else. If you fail any d20 check, you can attempt an Athletics skill check instead. The DC of this check is equal to original DC + 25. If you succeed on this check, you also succeed on the original check.

this fucked me up

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You guys have barely scratched the Trickster surface.

Master of All incoming to show you how it’s done.

Desiderius

Patron
I hope they've improved the Turn Based combat. Lately. Everything feels like a huge downgrade compared to Knights of the Chalice 2.

Mount gets stuck in TB, or specifically Lann on the mount. In RT the Mount sits there like a Magus for a whole turn before it moves, even if Trip or Charge is on Autocast.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The opening cinematic is very cool!
WXDBGi8.png
I see they've improved it a bunch.

Oh that's so nice of them! They gave us a compass! Yay! Others and I have have been complaining that they should give us a compass, because the rotatable camera is very disorienting!
xB5wYjr.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Egads! Look at the spider companion! She has weird protrusions coming out of her back! I definitely don't remember those being there. Belch!
7jM00By.png
Bonus shot! It's a sword of righteousness!
PARwHR9.png
The game is looking so pretty. Turn Based Mode still feels clunky to play though. Also, I think my Five Foot is broken or something. Because pressing shift while in turn based doesn't seem to be doing anything. I don't know why they don't let you select it, then pick the direction you want to five foot towards. Like in Knights of the Chalice.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
There has to be a better way of organizing the abilities. I have combat maneuvers, passives, spells, and other stuff all jumbled up in there.
wp1BKYu.png
This makes the combat feel so clunky to play in Turn Based. In Knights of the Chalice 2. I don't have to worry about that stuff. I press c. I get the spellcasting window (Which has every spellcasting ability in there):
IcQskJT.png
If I need combat maneuvers. They're neatly tucked in this window:
lLugrix.png
I want psionics, I press x - you get the idea. There's a dedicated UI for each thing. Where else in Wrath of the Righteous, it's all thrown in one place. Forcing me to search through each thing. Then put it on the hotbar. Then hope I remember it later.

Efe

Erudite
if shift isnt working use right mouse button to toggle between 5feet and normal movement

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The enemy AI needs some work. I just had a ranged enemy kill itself via attacks of opportunities by shooting at some one. Maybe they can give them melee weapons to switch to? Besides that. Turn Based mode is pretty fun, clunky, but fun - I'm assuming they're going to put more work into this mode, because it has potential.
VvTf2fk.png
The game feels so much better to play in Turn Based, than in Real Time with Pause. I believe that they need to revise their approach to the general interfaces in the Turn Base mode.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The enemy AI needs some work.

Enemy AI is trash on 99% of RtWP games, except IWD2.

On Kingmaker, I cast deadly earth, sirroco, sirroco, cloudkill, maximized sirroco, empowered sirroco in a area and the enemy mindless walk into this "deathzone". The enemy high level caster with superhuman level of intelligence just walk to his own death. It is just silly. I get that no AI or human can act like a high level ancient creature such a lich would act, but the game should at least try.

Only mindless enemies with bellow bestial intelligence should mindless walk into his own death.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The enemy AI needs some work.

Enemy AI is trash on 99% of RtWP games, except IWD2.

On Kingmaker, I cast deadly earth, sirroco, sirroco, cloudkill, maximized sirroco, empowered sirroco in a area and the enemy mindless walk into this "deathzone". The enemy high level caster with superhuman level of intelligence just walk to his own death. It is just silly. I get that no AI or human can act like a high level ancient creature such a lich would act, but the game should at least try.

Only mindless enemies with bellow bestial intelligence should mindless walk into his own death.
Yeah, Kingmaker's AI was nothing amazing. But here, in Turn Based mode, you can see just how bad it is.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Dumb question, one that's probably already been asked several times, and please tag me with any replies:

Is this game going to be viable/any better than the first in terms of playing exclusively in turn-based mode?

Thanks.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crispy Yes and no.

Yes, because they explicitly modified some mechanical aspects of the game to make things spicier than the first game. I won't spoil which. First because they are too many. And second because I don't want to spoil.

No, because a lot of the core mechanics revolving vision and AI are still poor (and I am being incredibly nice by using the word "poor").

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I swapped between TB and RTwP depending on the battle the last time I played. I would never want to play the attack on the inn in TB.

I had resolved not to play this anymore until it was actually released, but Pink Eye's enthusiasm made me want to try the new version.

Desiderius

Patron
I just skip the inn now. Looks good on paper but kind of a pain in the ass.

Desiderius

Patron
Found the weapon. Almost missed it...

Needs a hint somewhere.

On a related note, respec is in.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Here's what the Water Elemental Fight looks like - I thought it was fun:

Looks like it's going to be RTwP, then.

:decline:
There's just too many encounters that waste your time. That is also ignoring how dumb the AI can behave in the mode too. This game was clearly designed for RTwP first and foremost. Otherwise, playing this exclusively for the 100+ hours it might be; in Turn Based, is going to be irritating. I think swapping between the two different modes is what people will do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom