Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries by Piranha Games - now on Steam and GOG

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Okay, fine. You're not a moron.

You're an autistic moron.
And you're an ugly virgin, as long as we're going down this road.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
And no, it's not shit. It's a shooter version of Mechwarrior Mercenaries.
Except most of the recent Mechwarrior games have all been this with exception to Battletech. People wanted a sim like Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries which has been a nightmare to get running on peoples machines because of it being 16-bit, what they got was an even more buggier and duller version of Mechwarrior Online.

Cael

Arcane
Except most of the recent Mechwarrior games have all been this with exception to Battletech. People wanted a sim like Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries which has been a nightmare to get running on peoples machines because of it being 16-bit, what they got was an even more buggier and duller version of Mechwarrior Online.
MW2M is a classic that had a lot of things that few, if any, modern games have. That is the sad indictment of the state of games development in current year, where having a tranny pilot (whose tranny-ism is as relevant to the game as Superman) is more important than actual game elements.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
It still blows my mind that even with UE4 they can't even wring something approximating Minimum Viable Product out of the franchise.

PGI's crutch for the longest time with MWO was bemoaning the difficulty of getting CryEngine to do things, even BEFORE they lost a good chunk of staff (presumably these were the people who knew a single damned thing about working in CryEngine). It was "Oh we can't figure out how to do more than 2 teams in CryEngine" when people wanted Solaris 7 free-for-all. Being the lying dipshits they are they never stopped to consider that since friendly fire is a thing in MWO, maybe the team is unimportant - just have an S7 mode where everyone is on the same "team", and adjust any kind of scoring for the FFA to not penalize friendly fire/teamkill because that happens to be the entire point.

Black

Arcane
It was "Oh we can't figure out how to do more than 2 teams in CryEngine" when people wanted Solaris 7 free-for-all
That's funny because MWLL has free-for-all Solaris VII-like arenas and it's running on the same engine with the extra difficulty of not having official support. Little incompetent pgi shits.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
It was "Oh we can't figure out how to do more than 2 teams in CryEngine" when people wanted Solaris 7 free-for-all
That's funny because MWLL has free-for-all Solaris VII-like arenas and it's running on the same engine with the extra difficulty of not having official support. Little incompetent pgi shits.
Everyone knows they're lying. They've done almost nothing but lie since 2011, why would they be telling the truth now? It's telling that you wave a workaround for their alleged stumbling block in front of them (read: call their bluff) and they proceed to fucking pretend you don't exist. Russ and Paul don't like getting outed as lying idiots.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
guys when it hits steam the expansion pack HEROES OF THE INNER SPHERE will be released simultaneously, and it will fix all the issues and Make Mechwarrior Great Again, right?? guys?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Interesting, because they never talked about a GOG release to my knowledge, just the Steam release that they kept pushing back.

It was actually mentioned in November: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...d-gog-on-may-27th.112346/page-21#post-7040182
Huh, I wonder if I just kind of dismissed that mentally as a Piranha Promise. That and I was rather fixated on them reneging on the original Steam release a little while back.

Would this actually be the first MechWarrior game to even make it onto GOG? (Maybe it'll open the doors for getting MW3 and MW4M updated GOG releases that work well on modern computers.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
IIRC MW4 and MW3 are in copyright hell, and I think that applies to every BattleTech vidya adaptation predating MechWarrior Online in general these days.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

BE YOUR OWN WEAPON OF WAR

Welcome to the year 3015! It’s a hell of a time to be alive. Humanity has colonized thousands of star systems, war is everywhere, and the battlefields of the future are dominated by hulking machines known as BattleMechs. It’s dangerous work for the elite pilots of these metal monstrosities, but that’s why a power-hungry MechWarrior like you came here, right? If you’re looking to blast, wreck, stomp - and profit - step inside!

A World of Destruction – Level entire cities and decimate armies of enemy forces while piloting hundreds of unique BattleMech variants.

Hunt The Truth – Pursue a path of interstellar intrigue in a quest for glory and revenge as the leader of a mercenary company reborn in the flames of destruction.

The Merc Life – Manage the intricacies of running an expanding mercenary company - from the maintenance and acquisition of BattleMechs to the hiring of fellow MechWarrior allies.

Fight Together – Fight alongside your friends with four-player PvE co-op support.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

BE YOUR OWN WEAPON OF WAR

Welcome to the year 3015! It’s a hell of a time to be alive. Humanity has colonized thousands of star systems, war is everywhere, and the battlefields of the future are dominated by hulking machines known as BattleMechs. It’s dangerous work for the elite pilots of these metal monstrosities, but that’s why a power-hungry MechWarrior like you came here, right? If you’re looking to blast, wreck, stomp - and profit - step inside!

A World of Destruction – Level entire cities and decimate armies of enemy forces while piloting hundreds of unique BattleMech variants.

Hunt The Truth – Pursue a path of interstellar intrigue in a quest for glory and revenge as the leader of a mercenary company reborn in the flames of destruction.

The Merc Life – Manage the intricacies of running an expanding mercenary company - from the maintenance and acquisition of BattleMechs to the hiring of fellow MechWarrior allies.

Fight Together – Fight alongside your friends with four-player PvE co-op support.

I like how the sounds in that trailer are way better than stock in-game sounds. Also, wonder if they've ironed out the issues with co-op PvE yet. (Probably not.)

They should give us back the missile doors on the Archer and Catapult. Them being absent on in-game models feels wrong.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Also, wonder if they've ironed out the issues with co-op PvE yet. (Probably not.)

I'm very interested in playing this co-op. What are the issues?
Last I knew only the lobby creator could access mechlab, if you were joining someone else's game you were entirely at their mercy for mech availability and load out. Also issues with only the first few points of an alpha strike even registering damage if you were not the lobby creator.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Never player MW5 but have been a long time MW fan. Graphics-wise it just looks like an enhanced version of MW4. If they had re-released an enhanced MW3 I would have bought a new PC to play it. If they had re-released MW2:Mercenaries I might have believed the decline of the west had halted.

Instead this game seems a bit lukewarm in its reception.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
IIRC MW4 and MW3 are in copyright hell, and I think that applies to every BattleTech vidya adaptation predating MechWarrior Online in general these days.
So we can't even get the Crescent Hawks games or MW2/MW2M.

I hate lawyers.

don't be so sure about that, I feel the crescent hawks might fly again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom