Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

The entirety of RE4 is not goofy. It doesn't really get goofy until the castle.

action hero jumps dramatically through second story window to get out of the first house.

AT LAST, THE RESIDENT EVIL FORMULA HAS BEEN REALIZED, MORTALS.

You don't have to jump out of that window.

That opening village segment where you can block windows and doors is also the best segment of any Resident Evil game there's ever been. It's too bad we've get to get anything just designed around that as a whole game.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Played about two hours this morning and it hasn't exactly blown me away so far (PS5) although the two demo areas are both pretty early in the game so hopefully things will improve a bit now I no longer know what's coming.

Dualsense support seems nothing special so far and the ray tracing effects seem barely noticeable. There's one scene early on where the village is on fire and you're right near a stream but there are no reflections from the flame on the water as you'd expect with serious RT implementation. The whole game has a very last gen feel to it which I guess is not really surprising given it's on both gens.
7SFhVOE.jpg

it says you've declined and fell.

duke nukem

Augur
This game is trash. I have watched few girl streamers and they have no any struggles in the game. And even they say its too easy.
Also that big vampire whore can get easily stuck in the doors. Puzzles are super easy and they seem to figure out them on the first try. Actually the game itself gives the answers right on the spot. Lets put photo on the table that reads: "Look out the window" and you see huge colorful numbers and they put safe next to you with numberlock on it. Wow, much brainz required. Even without that photo, that puzzle would have been braindead easy to solve, but they just had to make it even easier.

flyingjohn

Arcane
The game is just meh.
The enemy variety is still nonexistent and too much cinematic moments.
4 was at least fun in a dumb action way.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The opening werewolf attack is the worst designed setpiece moment in AAA games I have ever played.
I died like 20 times to the neverending horde of enemies because the game refused to start a cutscene where Ethan gets shot with an arrow in the knee.
:x
Off to a good start.

Are you playing it on Hardcore difficulty? It happened the same to me

DemonKing

Arcane
Milf down…decent fight but I’m pretty sure no one would stick their manhood in her final form (willingly).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The opening werewolf attack is the worst designed setpiece moment in AAA games I have ever played.
I died like 20 times to the neverending horde of enemies because the game refused to start a cutscene where Ethan gets shot with an arrow in the knee.
Off to a good start.

I used to be a RE protagonist but then I got...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Get good.

Playing on hardcore, game is beautiful and really fun. Yes the opening scene can be abit brutal, and the enemy AI is really good and challenging.

So far it feels like a love child between RE7 and RE4. Which is fine for me, im havin fun.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
is this shit worth buying for 20 euros or should i just wait for the high seas version
IMO it's exactly worth an evening to watch a full playthrough skipping the longer combat sequences.

This is what I did..
The beginning starts pretty well but you can definitely feel where it's padded out with long treks through areas with several wolf-zombies tossed in to break it up.

I was watching a playthrough and almost bought it until I found myself skipping several hour chunks of walking around aimlessly.. and this was a player who knew exactly where to go.

Also what's the replay value on these games.. I feel like after you've seen the story it's a pretty boring slog.

Get good.

Playing on hardcore, game is beautiful and really fun. Yes the opening scene can be abit brutal, and the enemy AI is really good and challenging.

So far it feels like a love child between RE7 and RE4. Which is fine for me, im havin fun.

Honest question, is there replay value in these types of games for you?
When I see the same three zombie werewolfs hop off the same roof and you know exactly where they are and how to handle them..

Like would you ever play this game twice?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
is this shit worth buying for 20 euros or should i just wait for the high seas version
IMO it's exactly worth an evening to watch a full playthrough skipping the longer combat sequences.

This is what I did..
The beginning starts pretty well but you can definitely feel where it's padded out with long treks through areas with several wolf-zombies tossed in to break it up.

I was watching a playthrough and almost bought it until I found myself skipping several hour chunks of walking around aimlessly.. and this was a player who knew exactly where to go.

Also what's the replay value on these games.. I feel like after you've seen the story it's a pretty boring slog.

Get good.

Honest question, is there replay value in these types of games for you?
When I see the same three zombie werewolfs hop off the same roof and you know exactly where they are and how to handle them..

Like would you ever play this game twice?

I dunno, I mean resident evil historically has had great replay value, but that was mainly because you could play different characters with different sides of the same story.

Playing exactly the same story though? Probably not. I didn't replay RE7, only once, but it was fun as fuck.

A game doesn't have to have amazing replayability in order to be good does it? I mean a movie is like that and costs a fuckton to go watch at the movies

Alien Isolation was fucking amazing, but I also only played that once, but the experience still pops up in my mind from time to time.

RE7 and RE8 could definitely have benefitted from having multiple characters and different story arcs with each character and shit like it was in RE1+2+3, but alas, that design has gone and went. I mean RE7 did have a bit of C&C with zoe and mia but yea

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
A game doesn't have to have amazing replayability in order to be good does it? I mean a movie is like that and costs a fuckton to go watch at the movies

Well your comparing like.. 20 dollar movie ticket to a 80 dollar game.. but I agree, a game doesn't need to be replayable to be good..
I just feel like.. Resident Evil has become so on-rails that the difference between watching a playthrough and playing the game yourself has really greyed.

It's not horror anymore.. there's not a ton of choice or agency.. I would only play it personally for the story and enjoying the art / level design... which I can kinda do with a 1080p youtube video.

I wasn't making a big statement though - was genuinely curious how a fan of the genre feels.

downwardspiral

Learned

Well your comparing like.. 20 dollar movie ticket to a 80 dollar game.. but I agree, a game doesn't need to be replayable to be good..
I just feel like.. Resident Evil has become so on-rails that the difference between watching a playthrough and playing the game yourself has really greyed.

It's not horror anymore.. there's not a ton of choice or agency.. I would only play it personally for the story and enjoying the art / level design... which I can kinda do with a 1080p youtube video.

I wasn't making a big statement though - was genuinely curious how a fan of the genre feels.

Not really a fan.
But I feel RE was more fun when I was younger and discussing the stage with RL friends without much info from internet.
We also discuss how aiming and head shot works in RE1 and 2.
Or how to use knife efficiently.
This is hard to replicate now, since most of my RL friends don't play RE anymore.
Or they already search the internet for all the guide and tricks.

I didn't replay RE4 main story much after getting all the secret items, too long.
It is mostly just replaying it for the mercenary mode.

I do replay RE1 remake sometimes, it is not very long and provide some relaxing experience.
A bit like rhythm game after gone through it many times.

Didn't touch 7 and 8. Can't said things about them.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Yeah this game kinda sucks.
7 and REmake 2 laid the groundwork for what could've been a masterpiece but instead they decided to go back to doing more dumb action shit with no spooks. It's not even fun in the way 4 is, hit feedback/reaction animations and enemy variety are lackluster while the abundance of cutscenes fuck with the pacing, story is boring melodrama rather than self-aware camp.
What a disappointment.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Off to a good start.

I was watching the Escapist stream this and they ran into the same problem.

Also, while I consider myself a huge Resident Evil fan, I see nothing appealing about this game (other than the art design/setting). But then, I liked neither RE4 nor RE7, which are this game's two biggest influences.

Deleted member 7219

I'm an hour in.

It's great so far.

Do not let yourself be spoiled about the game's opening section. It's a big "Wow!" moment for anyone who knows the characters from the previous Resident Evil games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom