Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
you can also use amazing option called saturation in your TV/monitor options... or eve video card panel settings.

Bastard horse

IcW8Kk.png

It's kinda sad that you can't capture him tho, he didn't really deserve to die since he's one of the few monsters who's chill about you and doesn't attack unprovoked

Still it was enjoyable to bash head in after 20 minutes of dodging the lighting bolts and praying for a n opening

Citizen

Nergigante was 3ez5me. The game hyped him up as a super tough fight but in reality I had much harder time with black diablos before him. Any shield weapon allows you to just live under his belly doing free damage on a huge weakspot, and his crazy airdive move is so clearly telegraphed you have enough time to sheathe and fall on the ground for easy i-frames (or tank it with the lance's powerguard that blocks every attack in the game after fully charging lul)

IyBpmP.png

Sentinel

Arcane
or tank it with the lance's powerguard that blocks every attack in the game after fully charging
Beware that doing the powerguard increases the chip damage you take (while decreasing stamina damage taken). For big moves you're better off doing a regular guard.

Citizen

For big moves you're better off doing a regular guard.

Maybe I just have too low defense/guard skills in my current GL build, but I can't tank this attack with it's regular block (I just run out of stamina and instantly cart), it has multiple instances of damage (initial headbutt + some more hits + spikes) so it eats through my stamina bar very fast, but lance's powerguard is perfect for blocking long continuous attacks since it actually stops consuming stamina for a brief moment after getting hit, so you can sit through multi-hit attacks in powerguard mode without losing much stamina (compared to just blocking)

Basically when I tried blocking it with my ~250 def, guard 3 GL I immediately carted and never tried it again instead going for superman dives (most OP move in the game), and when killing another nerg with a lance I just didn't bother with regular block and powerguarded all day in fear of getting oneshot again. I will try tanking it with guard 5 lance's regular block tonight though, maybe guard 5 makes the difference.

Sentinel

Arcane
For big moves you're better off doing a regular guard.

Maybe I just have too low defense/guard skills in my current GL build, but I can't tank this attack with it's regular block (I just run out of stamina and instantly cart), it has multiple instances of damage (initial headbutt + some more hits + spikes) so it eats through my stamina bar very fast, but lance's powerguard is perfect for blocking long continuous attacks since it actually stops consuming stamina for a brief moment after getting hit, so you can sit through multi-hit attacks in powerguard mode without losing much stamina (compared to just blocking)

Basically when I tried blocking it with my ~250 def, guard 3 GL I immediately carted and never tried it again instead going for superman dives (most OP move in the game), and when killing another nerg with a lance I just didn't bother with regular block and powerguarded all day in fear of getting oneshot again. I will try tanking it with guard 5 lance's regular block tonight though, maybe guard 5 makes the difference.
Oh yeah if you're running out of stamina powerblock is the superior choice. As long as it works for you it's fine obviously.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Someone sell me on these games, I got the MH: World for free last year but I didn't really get it. I played around for a few hours, but the idea just seems to be to teleport to a small arena, run around for a while to find the monster you're looking for and kill it. Oh and gather some plants on the way I guess. Go back, get rewarded with better gear, and rinse repeat till oblivion. What am I missing here? I guess the fights are supposed to be the "meat" of the content?

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
I guess the fights are supposed to be the "meat" of the content?
yes, at least for me. Another important appeal of MH serie is the power fantasy to gradually and infinitely improve, both as equipment and build, and as a player. The game progressively becomes more difficult and i'd say base world is a long tutorial until almost the end of pre-iceborn story

Mud'

Scholar
It's a fantastic game . The only thing i dislike is the dull color palette and realistic art style. I'm playing MHR on emulator and altough it' s a bit too easy the game looks much better. Also no cancer CC and wirebugs moves are fun

Hold
The
Phone

You can emulate MHR? How? Is it not like a Switch port?

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
It's a fantastic game . The only thing i dislike is the dull color palette and realistic art style. I'm playing MHR on emulator and altough it' s a bit too easy the game looks much better. Also no cancer CC and wirebugs moves are fun

Hold
The
Phone

You can emulate MHR? How? Is it not like a Switch port?
There are 2 emulators currently for switch on pc: Yuzu and Ryujinx. While the first is better for most of the games , the second runs MHR better. You can find the whole package ( game rom + emu) on a famous repacker site of a girl that is not fat. You must have a 8 core processor though minimum. My i5 8400 wich is 6 core only is a bit struggling

Citizen

Is it me, or iceborne monsters have better/more fair attack hitboxes? You can actually stand behind them and not get hit when they charge forward and not get knocked out of a clutch claw animation just because they attacked qith another limb

Nargacuga and glavenus hunts were great (barrioth not so much because of the annoying tendency to leap 20 meters away after every attack). And then you get back to good old anjanath and rathian who hit everyone in the melee distance every time they move

To the point where now the new monsters feel easier to fight even though they hit like a truck compared to the vanilla ones

Citizen

Lol I hate the birds, every single time the monster stops being enraged and I'm ready to flinch shot him into the wall a flock of fucking morrowind siltstriders appears to shield his face from my grapple

Iau5Sr.png

And I literally had the exact same situation with tigrex in rotten vale just before that, with 3+ birds just constantly guarding his face from my axe

Citizen

I'm really sad what Iceborne did to Barioth. He's among my favorite mons, but they made him a real chore in IB.

It's not the leaping away itself, but the frequency and distance with which he does that. Narga also has a lot of moves that move him away, but after them he always tries to close the distance with the next attack. Which results in narga feeling like a fearsome beast that constantly keeps pressure on you by attacking and retreating strategically, and barrioth feeling like some trickster type monster that just leaps around the place occasionally flinging ice at you. Not very fitting for a fucking 40 metric ton dragon/sabre-toothed tiger hybrid

The only weapons fun to hunt him with are the ones with good hit&run potential like SNS/HH/IG/etc. Meanwhile standing with a Lance/GL/GS waiting for him to calm down for a few seconds makes you feel like an idiot

Btw narga is the best IB monster, cute design, amazing attack animations and sounds. And that roar he does when he goes sicko mode is such a fantastic sound effect, something about it just makes the monke part of my brain shiver. Definitely my favorite in MHW :love:

Citizen

Whoever in capcom designed master rank Uragaan should be fired and forced to publicly commit sudoku

Seriously tho, I had to farcaster back to the camo in the middle of the hunt and switch to my "ol' reliable" long gunlance build just for him, hunting him with SA was super annoying

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Barioth was my nemesis in IB prior to
Velkhana
. It carted me so many times when i was using my CB. Then i first tried him with IG. I'll wait until you reach post iceborne monsters, the second last one was the only mob i couldnt manage to solo. Never attempted the true final boss

Citizen

Barioth was my nemesis in IB prior to

I guess it really comes down to one's weapon/playstyle. Velk was hell to hunt with a GL, but with switchaxe she's pretty easy. Already killed 3 of them still not enough for a chestplate and I want an axe too :(

Citizen

Whoever in capcom designed master rank Uragaan should be fired and forced to publicly commit sudoku

Lol, forget uragaan, I now vote blackveil vaal hazak the most annoying monster. Took me 40 minutes of carefully poking him with a switchaxe and running 50 meters away from his every attack to kill the fucker, really weird monster design. And fighting him in ancient forest's tiniest areas doesn't help.

At least his armor set has the best cleavage in the game :smug: can't wait to get a layered armor version

Ihc6i3.png

Vorark

Erudite
Lol, forget uragaan, I now vote blackveil vaal hazak the most annoying monster. Took me 40 minutes of carefully poking him with a switchaxe and running 50 meters away from his every attack to kill the fucker, really weird monster design. And fighting him in ancient forest's tiniest areas doesn't help.

Did you gem Effluvial Resist +3? It nullifies Blackveil's spore gimmick. Other than that, try to avoid its breath and ground cloud attacks, they hit hard but are telegraphed so you can get out of the way in time. Health Boost +3 and eating for max health helps a lot too. But yeah, Blackveil is an hp sponge and boring as heck.

Velkhana x CB is made less annoying if you opt for a fire element CB + savage axe mode spam when the opportunity arises. Velk is too twitchty to properly guard point its attacks.

I'm suprised you people disliked Barioth, found it to be one of the most intense encounters. Breaking at least one of its wingblades as soon as possible should be your #1 priority. Frostfang or w/e the variant was called I thought was bullshit with the ice slowing you down and then it diving bomb on you. Doesn't help it likes to hang around that small nest area in Hoarfrost...

Citizen

Did you gem Effluvial Resist +3? It nullifies Blackveil's spore gimmick. Other than that, try to avoid its breath and ground cloud attacks, they hit hard but are telegraphed so you can get out of the way in time. Health Boost +3 and eating for max health helps a lot too. But yeah, Blackveil is an hp sponge and boring as heck.

Yeah, I had res 3. I did't even cart to him, it just took that long because he only fights in tiny claustrophobic areas and spams AoE moves that require you to run away all the time.

Velk is actually a pretty easy match up for SA. She can't knock you off during most attacks, so you can tenderize/ZSD spam her body/tail every time she does a breath attack and head during tail attacks. She just chains tail attacks very frequently, so don't use sword mode until there's a good opening. Just poke-retreat with high reaching axe attacks. Fighting her with GL/CB was just cart galore, shielding is not an option IMO

The worst part about her is that the tail cut doesn't affect gameplay at all, I was going so hard for it the first time I fought her and was dissapointed it didn't do shit. She just grows it back lol, lazy capcom

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom