Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Ouroboros Dungeon snakes a Release on Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Ouroboros Dungeon; Pipocation Games

Ouroboros Dungeon has been released on Steam. The game claims to be a call back to the old school action RPG roguelikes of twenty five years ago. Unlike most of those, though, this one never, ever ends. There's no level cap, there's no final boss. You just keep going. Forever. Because its infinite. Mostly. Here's a clip:

The Ouroboros Dungeon is a cursed place. There is no end to it. As the Ouroboros symbol of the snake eating its own tail. A cursed hero is set upon the challenge to break this loop. Will you be strong enough?

This game takes all the pleasure from the 90's Action RPGs and puts into a quirky infinite procedural dungeon. You will explore a infinite amount of corridors and rooms, finding treasures and loot to get stronger to face the challenge. But be careful, there is no place safe in the dungeon. Watch for the enemies strategy, as they also evolves throughout the gameplay.​

Looks like there's a few repeating rooms there, which could get stale after a while. That said, I'm once again liking the environmental traps.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I doubt it. More and more gameplay vids.

What annoys me is when you find loot it puts what you are using smaller to the right and what you find larger in the middle. I'm used to games where what you have being center and on the right it will display new item. Eh, small potatoes.

This is gauntlet-like so maybe OK.

Borian

You will explore a infinite amount of corridors and rooms
I'll explore 30-60 rooms with a procedural type variation within probably 20 or less, then never play it again.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ok. I'm playing v.29 and first thing I noticed... I couldn't attack or pick up anything via keyboard + mouse.

1. Plug in a controller/gamepad

After that, it worked fine. Face opponent to strike or shoot and block. Don't let them surround or attack from behind. Shields work with swords and wands. Random special bonuses as you level up.

if i am using a sword, i would prefer a choice of extra special rather than random tied to another weapon.

Get def up high, choose higher attack/damage weapons

bow looks like it sucks ass

There is no hoarding so choose what amps you up best and move on.

Order of mobs encountered thus far
1. One-eyed green slime
2. Skeleton with shield (it can block thus i ditched magic wand and went sword).
3. Green bat goblin thing
4. Red ogre dude with huge hammer
5. Fat Dragon fires a bolt of fire
6. Fat purple spider fires a web to stick ya
7. Armored monkey or golem?
8. The bad ass. Some mage dude who throws heavy dmg fire bolts and summons slimes. I died.. you can respawn. First death at lvl 23. Lvl 25 seems to be last bonus you can get. Capped???

My ma was over and thought the music was relaxing. And it is. Different. I can't help but think the kingdom of minecraft people or Legolandians died horribly here. Crazy dude is dead as well in this never ending hell. He is apprantly a dwarf.

This is just a relaxing game. Its too easy tbh and needs a difficulty setting. It gets an OK rating to pass some brain dead time. Certainly better than an AFK phone game.

note... i noticed you can actually choose your extra if given a chance during level ups.

Quit at level 26.... for now.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Quit at level 32. I have a sinking feeling this game is a battery draining resource hog for some reason. Maybe its something else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom