Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

asxetos

Augur
C
D (northeast of town)
C2

tsuke

Educated
Looks like C - Tower Shields D- Expand North East C2 - ally with hikari.

Update incoming

tsuke

Educated
Kumite!

Lady Kay looked over the fine new tower shields that the Camelotian merchants had procured. Beautiful. In fact with the short sword and tower shields the first Camelot regulars looked like Roman troops. They should be able to use basic formations such as the Testudo and others like it.

It came right on time as well. The Kingdom had just purchased this pendant that would allow them to pass thru the mist in the borders. It made sense to explore the areas surrounding the forest to see how far it went seeing as how Camelot was becoming more and more reliant on its income.

The troops formed up with Lady Kay at their head and they proceeded to the border and Kay held up the pendant. The pendant evaporated and the mist disappeared. Then they saw.... nothing? Well it was not really nothing to be exact. The forest continued for a mile or two and tapered off giving way to a vast plain. It was empty as far as the eye could see. Still scouts needed to be send out just to be sure. Yet before that could happen the army felt the familiar tug and they knew they were in for another battle.

(map update would be appreciated.)

"Ill team up with Hika---" you answer.

"Denied" Hikari interrupts

"Uhhh what... were you allowed to do that?" you responds

"Look you have two beautiful girls there who want to partner with you. Why are you bringing me into it?"

"Well um that's because I think your the best"

"What! Stupid stupid stupid. How can you say that out of the blue!" Hikari blushes.

"Well you know what. If I cant have you as my team mate I dont want anyone. Ill take on all three of you!"

"Wait wait wait... your saying that if I don't team up with you you will do something so self destructive?"

"Yeah!" you confidently say. It takes about two seconds for you to realize how it sounds.

"I mean.... thats.... ok fine.... ill be your partner" Hikari says. "Please take care of me"

Belle looks at you "Really?? so that's your type huh?"

"You can tell he's a total sis-con" adds Charlotte

Riko and Ako nod in the background

"I just think im the most compatible with Hikari!!! Thats all!!!!" you shout.

"There there Eggy - Dono. I have already accepted your proposition" Hikari says as she pats you in the back

"What proposition!!!"

"Riko are we welcoming a new sister to the family?" Ako whispers loudly

"Eggy sure is fast" Riko responds

Defeated you slump to your knees "Can we please just fight????"

Your teacher stands up. "All right everyone! Seeing as the new ..... couple... has been decided. You have two minutes to talk strategy. The map will be random as usual" You feel as though your teacher is twisting a knife in your back as well.

Hikari sits next to you on the floor.

"We have seen your match at the gate and have some knowledge of your capabilities. Tell me were you hiding anything else?" she says

You shake your head "No that was pretty much it"

"All right. Well let me give you a rundown. I have two regiments. I have 20 archers. Mostly the same as yours but they have cloaks and regular bows as I use them for ambushing in terrain and not field fights. I also have 5 swordsmen. I call them blade dancers. There's only a few of them and they have no armor but if they get in close they can kill someone. Charlotte has 2 regiments as well. 20 Swordsmen with heavy shields similar to your regiment and 10 dwarfs with plate mail and axes. Belle only has 1 regiment but its a very strong one. She calls them the Sisters of Power. They are a 10 strong mounted group of women that are heavily armed and armored. You have any questions?"

"None right now. I guess we can make up our tactics when we get there." you respond.

Hikari nods " If I may ask where did you get your archer. None of us have anything like her"

You wink "well thats a secret."

The teacher stands up. "Its time. Initialize!"

"Initialize!" All four of you shout

You are taken to the battlefield. The first thing you do is use your minds eye to have a birds eye view of the situation. You see your troops and Hikaris but you don't see your opponents. The rules must seem to differ per engagement as last time you were clearly able to see the goblins and other assorted monsters.

You seem to be located right outside a city gate. Directly opposite in the furthest end of the battlefield is another gate. If you were a betting man then you would say that that is were Belle and Charlotte are. The entire field of battle seems to be 100 miles across and 50 miles wide. When you look behind you you expect to see a city but you are greeted with a familiar mist. There seems to be a mist all around the edge of the battlefield too. On top of the mist is the number 15 and Hikari tells you that is the number of days left in the battle.

In the center of the battlefield is a tower. Somehow you know that that is the objective and the force holding that at the end of the battle will be victorious. There is a clear area around the tower allowing its defenders to shoot them. On your side of the field just beyond the range of the tower is a hill and there is a forest to the left of the tower with a lake in the middle. To the right of the tower is a road.

Your troops have enough food and water for around 7 days.

Do you

A) Let Hikari decide what the plan of battle will be?

B) Convince her to let you decide? (Hikari may modify some of your plans)

C) Let Hikari act on her own while you do your own thing?

Supposing B or C are chosen decide on the following plans

A) The red mist pours over me. There are dwarves on the other side of the battlefield. We must Charge!

B) The goal is the tower so we must get to the tower. Hopefully there will be food there. If not we can figure it out.

C) There's food in the forest we can camp there and try and harass our enemy

D) The high ground is always useful. We can get to the hill and check our options

E) another tactic of your choosing (please specify)

Current Army

Lady Kay

First Camelot Regulars (complete)
First Camelot Rangers (complete)
5 Bladedancers
20 archers

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't we ask Hikari what her plan is and then work something out?

tsuke

Educated

Hikari-chan says that if the choice were left to her she would camp out in the forest. She doesn't trust your troops yet and thats where she would be most effective.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hikari-chan says that if the choice were left to her she would camp out in the forest. She doesn't trust your troops yet and thats where she would be most effective.

Forest is a good place for the Archers to camp, let's disperse the rangers there.
Let the Regulars camp just outside the forest, within range of the archers. We can use them to as bait, and the tower shields should help cut down on friendly fire.
Let Lady Kay get the high ground on the hill, if nothing else we could secure it as a vantage point.

Guess that's a vote for C and Option E.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
like that ?
1iPMTRT.png

Forest is a oood place for the Archers to camp, let's disperse the rangers there.
Let the Regulars camp just outside the forest, within range of the archers. We can use them to as bait, and the tower shields should help cut down on friendly fire.
Let Lady Kay get the high ground on the hill, if nothing else we could secure it as a vantage point.

seems like a good idea

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
tsuke In Tsuki's experience will the tower be held by neutral defenders or free to the first to arrive?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
CB

We take the tower while Hikari remains outside. Then we pick off enemy forces from inside and defend the tower, while Hikari ambushes them outside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
B
E Have Hikari set up traps/ambush on the hill. They should target the horses. The other girls will expect her to be in the forest. Our forces move on the tower, then retreat/flee to the hill when the knights arrive drawing them into the ambush.

tsuke

Educated
like that ?
1iPMTRT.png

Forest is a oood place for the Archers to camp, let's disperse the rangers there.

seems like a good idea
thanks for the map!

is that your official vote?

tsuke

Educated
We currently have

3 - c
1 - b

2 - e(1) barbarian plan
1 - B
1- e(2) gravy plan

any more votes? :)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
We currently have

3 - c
1 - b

2 - e(1) barbarian plan
1 - B
1- e(2) gravy plan

any more votes? :)
Dude, we might have an easier time separating votes if you used different notations for different sets of votes.
Like a b c for one set, 1 2 3 for another and so on.

tsuke

Educated
C - Operate independently of Hikari

E- Barbarian plan

Has it. Update incoming.

tsuke

Educated
Sacrifice the Queen

As if prompted by some sort of unseen signal both sides begin to deploy their troops. Your combined forces march towards the forest hoping to secure it as a place of ambush and a place to acquire additional supplies. In the middle of the march Lady Kay waves goodbye and heads off towards her isolated spot in the mountains.

Hikari looks at you in question but you ignore her and continue to press forward.

As your army approach the forest you notice that there are already people in the tower. From the warhorses tied up in the entrance you can only surmise that the regiment of the Sisters of Power have already gotten there. This would make sense as their horses would be able to get there faster than anyone else on the battlefield. Behind them you see another regiment of infantry coming up on the tower as well. It seems like the Charlotte-Belle alliance has decided to hold the main objective. This meant it would be up to you to drive them out.

As your forces reach the forest and settle in you are presented with an opportunity. The tower was already held by most of the forces of the Cha-Belle alliance but predictably the dwarves were moving slower than anyone in the battlefield. Partly this was because of their armor and partly because of their legs.

You have no love of dwarves anyway and give out orders to intercept them. Your opponent is not stupid and sees this and sends out their mounted regiment to provide a screen for the incoming dwarves.

Neither side was willing to offer full scale battle at this point. The Sisters know that they would be swarmed if they got to close and you know that your archers would count for little in close combat against the combined might of the foe. You are really left with one choice. The first Camelot Rangers unsling their longbows and commence firing at the dwarves.

To be sure the heavy armor of the dwarves prevent most of the arrows from penetrating. Still that many arrows in that little space would lead to accidents. First one dwarf falls and when another tries to help him he falls as well (mostly because you gave orders to target him). This is a signal to the other dwarves and they abandon their casualties as they rush to the tower. The dwarves of course make it but not before leaving three of their number behind looking more like porcupines than anything. First blood to the Rangers and your army. Hikari is envious of your troops as her shorter bows would not have had the range to pull that off.

Your army camps for the night.

After the excitement of the first day neither side was in the mood to fight. They were tired and had just gotten settled in so they were in the mood to sit still. You don't have enough men for a complete encirclement so you content yourself with just watching the tower. It seems like your opponent was as content with you are to sit tight and aside from insults hurled from and to the tower the day passed uneventfully.

The number 13 flashed in the mist as the stalemate continued. Well rested by now the soldiers were ready to fight. The first Camelot Regulars encamps outside the forest in hope of drawing the army to them but they are ignored. You are still hesitant to order them in however as the enemy does hold a strong position and content yourself with some minor tasks that needed to be accomplished. The archers brought by Hikari hunt enough game to make sure everyone has enough food for the duration and water is drawn from the lake as well. Scouts fan out and completely mark the surrounding area making sure that you knew the terrain and would have no surprises. Your soldiers range arrows and find out exactly how far they can reach. None of them can make it to the tower from your camps. These things needed to be done but does not really bring you any closer to taking the tower.

Lady Kay knew it was her turn to act. The second or third day was too soon as the enemy may have been too alert but the fourth day was perfect as people start to build routines. Any later and there might not have been enough time to press the advantage after.

It all started innocently enough. Two dwarves were guarding the entrance. They thought they were a safe distance from the enemies in the woods. They did not expect there would be a stronger opponent hidden in the hills. Normal troops would not have been able to do this but Lady Kay was not normal. She was the best archer the Kingdom of Camelot had to offer and she had a hill to offer her greater range. Two arrows sang out and two arrows punched through the face plates of the dwarven guards.

The alarm is sounded as the bodies drop to the ground. The initial reaction of the army inside the tower is to look towards the woods. Has the Eggri alliance began their attack? It doesn't seem like it as their troops are not assembled. This gives Kay more opportunities as one, two, and then three infantry men find themselves with arrows in their heads.

Belle finally figures out that all the death and destruction is coming from a lone gunman up the hill and troops begin to take cover. They know they cannot do this for long and Belle sends out the Sisters of Power. Even if it were an ambush they were the regiment with the best chance of making it out alive.

Lady Kay smirks. It was an ambush but not in the way they thought about it. She knew the female knights were the strongest force the enemy had to offer and now they were coming for her. She carefully sighted the bow and one rider fell never to get up again. This was repeated two, three, four , five times as fully half the Sisters of Power lay on the ground unmoving.

At the end of the day Lady Kay lay on the ground a lance piercing her stomach. She still had a smile on her lips as she knew that she had done all she needed to do

All of this activity is not lost upon you and you see Kay's noble sacrifice. That does offer a lot of options to you.

A) Do you intercept the Sisters of Power as they make their way back to the tower? They may not be interested in engaging you.

B) Do you attempt to take the tower while the Sisters are still out? The Sisters may be able to reinforce the troops inside the tower as they come back

C) Harass the Sisters with archery on their way back? They are heavily armored so this may not be effective

D) Do nothing. The safest course usually.

Do you take any change in your stance for the battle after the events of the fourth day?

1) We continue our current siege

2) We draw closer to the tower and surround it using our ammunition when we can

3) We prepare for a final fight to take the tower

Current Army

First Camelot Regulars (complete)
First Camelot Rangers (complete)
5 Bladedancers
20 archers

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
A - Shoot the horses out from under them then overwhelm them in melee.
1 - There might not be any food/water resources in the tower. I see no reason to press just yet.

asxetos

Augur
A. Try to eliminate a few more of the sisters.
1. Hold the siege. We got a lot of days left in the game.
If there are no supplies in the tower, the enemy will have to come to the forest since it appears to be the only source of food and water. There we can ambush them easily.

tsuke

Educated
just to clarify A would be more of try and engage and defeat the sisters. C would be to harass them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom