Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Maxie

why is this thread still going on if the game has proven to be a lacklustre waste of anyone's time and money, a scam yet unseen in the industry, the final nail in CDPR's coffin, and probably gay as well
some of y'all really like to go for low-hanging pats on the back it seems

racofer

Thread Incliner
why is this thread still going on if the game has proven to be a lacklustre waste of anyone's time and money, a scam yet unseen in the industry, the final nail in CDPR's coffin, and probably gay as well
It's like watching a derailed train. You can't get over it.

I don't understand why people keep on harping on that in-game ad - it's supposed to be a cyberpunk dystopia?
The ad itself wasn't as amusing as the drama - trannies complained about objetification and tranny chasers, then people saying "no no no the ad celebrates trans people as sexually attractive", then other people pointed out that all the ads in the game are supposed to make you feel uncomfortable because dystopia, then other other people claim that cdpr are bigots for making an ad with an erect feminine dick designed to make the player feel uneasy.

Barbarian

Arcane
I have owned a sealed physicial copy of the game for ps4 for about 4 months now. No interest in playing a bugged and unfinished game. Will wait till year's end for the ps5 update, more bugfixes and some dlc.

And to think I preordered this shit.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

It's partly what racofer says, but also partly that one is constantly haunted by the sense while playing the game that it coulda' been a contender - there are enough flashes of the same kind of excellence that TW3 had to make it fascinating to wonder about what went wrong, to trace the steps in what might have gone wrong, etc.

I said way up-thread what I think: getting Keanu on-board was a great marketing move in one way, but the rush to integrate him into the protagonist's story so closely, while making for an interesting story in and of itself, probably also derailed a game that would have been much better had they simply finished what they'd been on-track to finish, but just had a few Keanu cameos. When Keanu appeared, I never expected or wanted anything more than a few cool cameos from him. And there's enough evidence in terms of bits of earlier hype and advertising, seemingly truncated quests, disconnections where one feels there should have been connections, to support that idea that there was another, better but unfinished game underneath and prior to the Keanu-integrated game.

Or to put it another way, they might have been able to pull off Keanu integration AND finish the game they were on-track to finishing if they'd had more time, but they just didn't have enough time to do both, so they made the decision to go with the better ploy from the point of view of marketing. And that turns out to have been the wrong decision.

Something like that, anyway.

Zer0wing

Cipher
mixitzoom.jpg

the state of modern triple A game development

467ddc50955cb64924c4c1b4e9b7e1a5.png
Well... If Mr.Studd/Mignight Lady were still a wearable thing, that joke art would be funny and not too out of place.

Gargaune

Magister
God help me, this game... I finally deigned to do the parade mission and after suffering through a neverending sequence of coughing and falling over in the aftermath, I'm now stuck with a UI bug that displays Hints regardless of the setting and also shows me the speedometer while on foot... And the 2021 Alex Jacobson Award for best Well Done goes to CDPR!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
1. Use a terminal/computer in-game and go through some of its options, doesn't matter which one. That'll fix the hints problem, I believe.

2. Complete any mission in which at some point the UI is completely disabled, i.e. one in which you're taken through a scripted sequence where you have no control. That resets the speedometer bug.

Gargaune

Magister
1. Use a terminal/computer in-game and go through some of its options, doesn't matter which one. That'll fix the hints problem, I believe.

2. Complete any mission in which at some point the UI is completely disabled, i.e. one in which you're taken through a scripted sequence where you have no control. That resets the speedometer bug.
Cheers, I'll give it a go next time I play. My entire game just went tits up earlier for some reason, lost 20 FPS all of a sudden when loading my Act 3 save and it stayed that way. It's working again now, but I'm not sure whether it was power cycling the PC or plugging the mods off and on again that did it. Probably the former, maybe something didn't terminate cleanly before.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you were anywhere near the main market of Japantown that might explain why. After leaving that place even my fps drops into the 70s and I have to restart the game to get it back to 100fps sustained.

Gargaune

Magister
If you were anywhere near the main market of Japantown that might explain why. After leaving that place even my fps drops into the 70s and I have to restart the game to get it back to 100fps sustained.
I was in Pacifica after a main quest "cinematic", and that's the thing, neither loading a different save, going elsewhere, nor restarting the game fixed it. Only rebooting the PC did the trick, so I suspect the game left some shit dangling in memory.

Old Hans

Arcane
I was in Pacifica after a main quest "cinematic", and that's the thing, neither loading a different save, going elsewhere, nor restarting the game fixed it. Only rebooting the PC did the trick, so I suspect the game left some shit dangling in memory.
sounds like your computer is haunted by a ghost. Maybe JOhynny silverhats

Quillon

Arcane

this is still the state of the game after 6 months? lmao

Paul_cz

Arcane
The ad itself wasn't as amusing as the drama - trannies complained about objetification and tranny chasers, then people saying "no no no the ad celebrates trans people as sexually attractive", then other people pointed out that all the ads in the game are supposed to make you feel uncomfortable because dystopia, then other other people claim that cdpr are bigots for making an ad with an erect feminine dick designed to make the player feel uneasy.
In other words, clown world.

Gargaune

Magister
Crispy, and in case anyone else runs into the same UI issues, hitting up a Joytoy seems to have fixed both the Hints and the speedometer display bugs, thanks for the suggestion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom