Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

razvedchiki

Erudite
pretty lame that you can mount inside the dungeons.

mounted combat would be better if it was reserved for special occasions, ie traveling on the wasteland or certain dungeon areas build for it.

Parabalus

Arcane
New Druid Archetype finally gets there for Wild Shapers:

View attachment 19100

View attachment 19101

Losing Pet/Domain is a steep price but looks like a force.

View attachment 19102

Elf Magus archetype. Since you lose weapon enhancement looks like you're using the enhanced mobility to run around and position your cone spells.

View attachment 19103

Oread Monk archetype. Main thing you lose here is Evasion, most other things are just modified. This is what Pink Eye is running.

View attachment 19104

Quarterstaff Monk can Flurry with QStaff. You lose Style Strikes but gain different CMs (including Disarm and Bull Rush not pictured) in their place. QStaff dice also go up to +3 categories at lvl 20.

View attachment 19105

Sohei loses a ton (can use Monk Bonus Feats for Mounted Feats) but gets a Mount, Weapon training, and lvl/2 to initiative? This thing is nuts.

View attachment 19110

Aasimar Oracle Archetype. Losing three Revelations is no joke but neither are these abilities. Oracles can hold their own in combat and this takes that to another level. Not much Undead but Demons everywhere means this thing will have many more Channeling targets than conventional Clerics.

View attachment 19108

These are the Stances from the Human Slayer archetype. My guess is that this thing is WAY better than it looks, but it will take me awhile to get to it.

View attachment 19109

Finally Kitsune Sorc. If you were wanting those Nine Tail Feats here's your chance without completely gimping yourself.

The amount of classes and their different archetypes is really insane.

You could play just monks for several playthrough.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

mounted combat would be better if it was reserved for special occasions, ie traveling on the wasteland or certain dungeon areas build for it.

On the tabletop you can only enter dungeons if you're using a medium mount, which means medium sized cavaliers can't usually use their mounts in dungeons (without beast rider shenanigans anyway).

This is a problematic rule though, as most APs are dungeon heavy and Cavaliers and Samurai are both heavily dependent on their mount to be competitive with other martials unless they take a mountless archetype (in which case, why not just play any of the standard martials?)

A lot of DMs hand wave the mount size and just allow people to take warhorses into dungeons, and people playing with strict DMs usually just play with small races so they can use medium mounts in dungeons.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

On the tabletop you can only enter dungeons if you're using a medium mount, which means medium sized cavaliers can't usually use their mounts in dungeons (without beast rider shenanigans anyway).

This is a problematic rule though, as most APs are dungeon heavy and Cavaliers and Samurai are both heavily dependent on their mount to be competitive with other martials unless they take a mountless archetype (in which case, why not just play any of the standard martials?)

A lot of DMs hand wave the mount size and just allow people to take warhorses into dungeons, and people playing with strict DMs usually just play with small races so they can use medium mounts in dungeons.
It really is no fun to block core class features from the majority of you game. As a DM, you either tell the player not to pick that class or you warp your world to allow it. It's not like it's something gamebreaking.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It really is no fun to block core class features from the majority of you game. As a DM, you either tell the player not to pick that class or you warp your world to allow it. It's not like it's something gamebreaking.

Yep, I've always just allowed people to use regular mounts in dungeons in the games I've dm'd.

It isn't as though a mounted cavalier is usually stronger than any other well played martial.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

You’re missing the point. Mounted combat is actually more realistic in a dungeon than what it would take (pass through) to make fighting alongside a pet work. Mounted combat is the fix for that.

And your mount gets stuck enough in tight corridors if you don’t manage it well (I’m letting the Mount charge into the fray to open to make sure he gets there) that it doesn’t feel unrealistic at all and presents a nice strategic challenge.

Then that necessitates making the Mount pretty tanky which works great with the Barding and Mounted Combat Feats, and the need for the Feats offsets the strength of having two attackers so it’s a nice package.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
New Druid Archetype finally gets there for Wild Shapers:

View attachment 19100

View attachment 19101

Losing Pet/Domain is a steep price but looks like a force.

View attachment 19102

Elf Magus archetype. Since you lose weapon enhancement looks like you're using the enhanced mobility to run around and position your cone spells.

View attachment 19103

Oread Monk archetype. Main thing you lose here is Evasion, most other things are just modified. This is what Pink Eye is running.

View attachment 19104

Quarterstaff Monk can Flurry with QStaff. You lose Style Strikes but gain different CMs (including Disarm and Bull Rush not pictured) in their place. QStaff dice also go up to +3 categories at lvl 20.

View attachment 19105

Sohei loses a ton (can use Monk Bonus Feats for Mounted Feats) but gets a Mount, Weapon training, and lvl/2 to initiative? This thing is nuts.

View attachment 19110

Aasimar Oracle Archetype. Losing three Revelations is no joke but neither are these abilities. Oracles can hold their own in combat and this takes that to another level. Not much Undead but Demons everywhere means this thing will have many more Channeling targets than conventional Clerics.

View attachment 19108

These are the Stances from the Human Slayer archetype. My guess is that this thing is WAY better than it looks, but it will take me awhile to get to it.

View attachment 19109

Finally Kitsune Sorc. If you were wanting those Nine Tail Feats here's your chance without completely gimping yourself.
Only 5 subclasses for Druids? Meh. At least this Rampager seems more interesting than the other very lackluster and underwhelming Druid subclasses. Lackluster and underwhelming in terms of flavor and appeal, not necessarily viability.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Considering how many cambions exists in the game, there is any way to play as one? Not the tiefling, I an talking about a cambion.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you were wanting those Nine Tail Feats here's your chance without completely gimping yourself.
but does character actually get 9 tails, because power was never a reason to take this shit to begin with

probably would have to ask modders to do a proper model for this

Delterius

Arcane
Considering how many cambions exists in the game, there is any way to play as one? Not the tiefling, I an talking about a cambion.
What distinguishes a Tiefling and a Cambion is that the latter is raised in the Abyss and becomes a true outsider, not a half demon. So narrative wise starting as a Tiefling and going into the Demon path should be the same, no?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What distinguishes a Tiefling and a Cambion is that the latter is raised in the Abyss and becomes a true outsider, not a half demon. So narrative wise starting as a Tiefling and going into the Demon path should be the same, no?

Nope. The difference being half demon or being like 1/1024 demon.

Delterius

Arcane

Nope. The difference being half demon or being like 1/1024 demon.
Well, its a bit more complex than that. A Cambion isn't a half demon. A Cambion is a half demon child that gestated in the Abyss. That's why they are a form of demon all of its own. This sort of mortal or human like demon. If they were raised in the material plane they'd be a half-demon Tiefling, rather than a Tiefling whose descendancy flared up all of a sudden (as a general rule though, always refer to rule 0 of tieflings 'all tieflings are supposed to be unique'). In a way every Demon player is approaching Cambions. They are full fledged demons who look particularly mortal like, with not random animal parts, qlippothic tentacles or an eye less visage. I'd say that although a bit straightforward, the Abyssal Tiefling who becomes a Demon is reaching for that complete heritage you're looking for.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
So Demonslayer Ranger is forced to take Evil Outsiders but then can choose one of the Demon categories for Secondary Favored Enemy. Do they stack?

Got a specific question for you beta players. Did they remember to give half-elves access to elf or human only restricted stuff (such as that elf magus archetype)?

Desiderius

Patron
Remember? They have their own archetype. I’m playing it.

Desiderius

Patron
So not only did they not fix Second Mystery for Oracle, they only added two Life Revelations “to keep him from running out of revelations” one of which he already has, so he does in fact still run out of Revelations anyway. All of them blow in any case making Companion unplayable.

Obv solution is Second Mystery which suggests yet again that whoever they’ve got on bug-fixing doesn’t actually play the game. Do companies outsource that kind of thing? That’s what this feels like.

Sure, I read about that. But can they pick the elf-only magus archetype as well?

Also, did they by any chance implement taking multiple compatible archetypes?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have the perfect solution to mounted combat in dungeons. You have your familiar ride your animal companion:
external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg

Eh??? Eh??? Perfect, or what?. Ya buncha rulz lawyers just can't use the common sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom