Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Drakortha

Liturgist
You're not fooling anyone SumDrunkGuy I know what you really like
LEON-SCOTT-leon-kennedy-10478691-300-449.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I finished it some hours ago. It took like 7 hours and half on hardcore. I like it, despite being way more focused on action, and leaving aside survival. Good atmosphere, interesting villains, very cool bosses and a good pacing. It's longer than average RE, with unlockable content and such. I think the action is also good, although at the beginning is hard to enjoy since the starting weapons are complete trash. But as you learn how the game works and you get better weaponry, it becomes very enjoyable. The enemies design is interesting, some of them are hard to hit with pad because they are fast and agressive. Although there's not a lot of enemy variety here. There are the half-werewolves, the elite half-werewolves, the werewolf chief, the werewolves, hot vampire thots, ugly vampire thots (Ghouls), flying ugly vampire thots (I don't remember their name, it's some dark medieval-european mythology shit) and the nemesis wanna bes from the factory. What I liked the least is that the path of the adventure is very linear, and this ends up affecting the riddles. Which are always solved in a room, without encouraging exploration or offering backtracking. And it's a shame because once you complete the areas, you can see that they have an elaborate level design, which is used more in secondary tasks than in the main ones. The exploration is mostly relegated to optional content. Regarding the story, it is up to the standards of the saga. I think it connects well with the VII and certain easter eggs and revelations seem ok. Chris is cool but maybe too edgy, and Ethan is somewhat more charismatic than in the previous game. All in all, it's a good game. But it's not the kind of Resident Evil as I expected it to be. So if I had to give it a rating it is 4.5/10. Don't buy it.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why Copy from re4? It had most beautiful levels but shooting on bird's nest to get ammo, pitchfork peasants that drop ammo and a merchant everywhere despite there are even less survivors/non infected around than first 3 games make no sense.
It really is a shame how much later iterations of the series lost the sharp focus of the first three games' realistic socioeconomic modeling.

SumDrunkGuy

I haven't played anything in over a year, gimmi a break. These werewolves seem a bit too bullet spongey for my liking. 5 or more head shots to bring them down, ridiculous.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Wunderbar said:
Don't be degenerates, stop watching streams. The game isn't all that great, but that doesn't mean you can just watch some twitch parasite and claim that you know how the game plays.

"Oh, i watched some stream and you know what? the gaem is boring, player just walks around aimlessly!"

Get out of here.
this is how you can tell a game is a piece of shit when the biggest cope its defenders have is "y-y-you haven't played it, don't trust your eyes and other senses, don't use your experience of playing games to judge a game based on its footage if it's good or not you have to play it to fully grasp it!!!"

bethesda fans on codex do the same thing. oh, the company we keep...
i've already wrote a lengthy post about my gripes with the game. It's neither great nor piece of shit, just middling title with some highs and lows.

It is you who's coping, resorting to watching streams to justify your hatred.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Minor ending spoilers (no specific details):
The ending is interesting with where it may potentially take the series. Without massively spoiling things, there is a bit of a time jump in the post credits scene. It's unclear whether the next RE games will be a direct sequel or potentially take part in the interim between the end of RE8 and the credits time jump.
Capcom wants their Avengers assemble with a cast of mutant superheroes fighting even greater B.O.W.s.
Son of Wesker, daughter of Ethan who can control mold monsters, maybe some others. Aged Chris Redfield will play the role of Nick Fury.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm almost to the castle I believe. I don't think I like the game as much as RE7. That game had such a cool and unique setting whereas this one feels more "been there, done that". It had more interesting villains too in the Baker family. Granted this game has giant vampire tiddies which are wonderful.

Dexter

Arcane
Watch as this becomes the best-selling RE in the series. :obviously:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/r...any-resident-evil-game-on-steam/1100-6491177/
Resident Evil Village Has The Highest Peak Player Count Of Any Resident Evil Game On Steam
Resident Evil Village is currently the ninth most popular game on Steam.

By Otto Kratky
on May 7, 2021 at 1:08PM PDT

The big lady gets big results. Resident Evil Village's debut on Steam is going record breaking-ly well, making it a top performer for the franchise on PC. In fact, it has absolutely destroyed the previous record.

According to the Steam stats page, Resident Evil Village is currently one of the top 10 most-played games on Steam. At the time of writing, the game has broken 100,000 concurrent players, making it ninth on the list. While being on the bottom end of the top 10 list may not sound very impressive, it's quite a feat considering the competition. The top spots on Steam's top 10 most-played list are often dominated by Counter Strike: GO, DOTA 2, PUBG, Grand Theft Auto V, and Rust. It's also worth noting that Resident Evil Village is currently the only single-player title on the top 10 list.

Compared to the rest of the Resident Evil franchise, Village is going above and beyond previous player counts. According to video game industry analyst Benjisales on Twitter, a majority of previous Resident Evil releases only managed to net a fraction of Village's peak player count. Resident Evil 7's peak player count is just 20,449, likely because it followed Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6, two infamous entries in the franchise. Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 3 Remake have much more impressive numbers, boasting peak player counts of 74,227 and 60,293 respectively.

Additionally, the game managed to get more than 620,000 viewers on Twitch, beating every other game at its peak.

SumDrunkGuy

How is Ethan still using his hands after having them literally ripped in half and multiple fingers bitten off? The hand abuse is becoming rather comical.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Once you accept the fact, that the Resi series ain't ever gonna return to true form proper ala RE1+2 vanilla, then you start to enjoy yourself alot more.

Let go of the past, kill it.

RE8 is alot of fun, but in the horror department, it is alot weaker, and more action oriented than RE7, at least for the first half of the game, as has strong roots in RE4, which for some people is awesome, and others thats very shit.

RE8 does have better art direction and more cooler and unique settings/bosses, tho, so theres that, but its not really as scary except for the doll house, which is fucking scary and well done.

The graphics are also crisp as fuck, and beautiful on my 3070 with reshade and shit on, next-gen tier, and the sound design is fine

Bigg Boss

Arcane
One more shitty FPS Resident Evil then they will go back to fixed camera for a couple games and act like they care what the series roots were.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
RE8 does have better art direction and more cooler and unique settings/bosses, tho, so theres that, but its not really as scary except for the doll house, which is fucking scary and well done.

The Doll House was creepy as fuck, but I was a bit disappointed how short the section was.

I also wish they'd spread more of that horror out throughout the rest of the game. The castle also has some fairly creepy sections, but once you get to Moreau's swamp and Heisenberg's factory, the game is pretty much all action.

I also found the environmental design pretty boring in the factory.

Drakortha

Liturgist
One more shitty FPS Resident Evil then they will go back to fixed camera for a couple games and act like they care what the series roots were.

I'd be very surprised if they actually did that. For one thing, they'd have to re-invent themselves as developers. Asking a studio that has only ever made 3rd/1st person games to make a fixed camera game is like asking Bethesda to ditch Gamebyro and train their entire staff to use the new tools. And we all know Crapcom aren't taking any risks like that.

Secondly, people are story fags and just want to be told a movie story with some gameplay segments in-between. They can't wrap their head around the tank controls changing after a camera switch. They literally get confused and go "WTF!??" then just put the game down in frustration.

But I know what you're saying, one more shitty RE game could force them into a corner where they might consider taking a risk for once. But I just doubt it because shit sells apparently!

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

The Doll House was creepy as fuck, but I was a bit disappointed how short the section was.

I also wish they'd spread more of that horror out throughout the rest of the game. The castle also has some fairly creepy sections, but once you get to Moreau's swamp and Heisenberg's factory, the game is pretty much all action.

I also found the environmental design pretty boring in the factory.

Right true enough, as I said, the horror elements are there, they are just too short in supply and thinly spread out, main problem I have with RE8 compared to RE7.

I mean for some reason Capcom wanted to return to the RE4 formula, and not really RE7. What I mostly would have wanted was an entire game like RE7s first half.

SumDrunkGuy

Capcom is a schizo developer. It's a tale as old as time. They don't seem to like sticking with any specific formula even if it's critically and commercially successful.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Capcom is a schizo developer. It's a tale as old as time. They don't seem to like sticking with any specific formula even if it's critically and commercially successful.

You are giving them too much credit when you say shit like this. They will only make what they know will make them money based on demographics. Before you pull RE7 out of your ass as an argument I suggest you do your research and see what other games were popular back in 2017. There was a whole slew of indie games that used the RE7 formula first, and were majorly successful in their own right. Crapcom just cashed in on the trend at the right time by bringing that kind of experience to a broader audience by slapping the Resident Evil branding on it.

Wunderbar

Arcane

You are giving them too much credit when you say shit like this. They will only make what they know will make them money based on demographics. Before you pull RE7 out of your ass as an argument I suggest you do your research and see what other games were popular back in 2017. There was a whole slew of indie games that used the RE7 formula first, and were majorly successful in their own right. Crapcom just cashed in on the trend at the right time by bringing that kind of experience to a broader audience by slapping the Resident Evil branding on it.
RE7 development started way before the PT-knockoff craze.

Drakortha

Liturgist
RE7 development started way before the PT-knockoff craze.

What are you trying to say? That they are incredibly lucky or they have a crystal ball that gave them that foresight? No, it's more likely they just scrapped whatever they were making at the time and re-developed what resources they had to create the RE7 we got. It wouldn't be the first time a growing trend would change the trajectory of a developing project.

You all give Crapcom too much credit with RE7. Like they re-invented the wheel or some shit. They just follow the money like every other AAA developer. Everything else comes second.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom