Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series released on PC

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't Norrath a title MCA worked on?

baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-01.medium.jpg

GOTY

game had trash class balancing tho

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Just because its called Baldur's Gate doesn't mean it belongs in this forum.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
So is this (and DA2?) one of the 7 D&D games in development?
New Dark Alliance
BG3
That Ravenloft thing by Hidden Path
That one by the Underworld Decent mess
DA1 EE
DA2 EE
??? (I think it may have been announced already but I haven't paid too much attention to this stuff)

Last edited:

Artyoan

Arbiter
My memory of this game is that it was kind of fun but had almost no real tactical depth to it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the world Beamdog is staring out from the shadows with bloodshot eyes and a perverted smirk.

"Nice Baldur's Gate title you got there... think it needs an enhancing?"

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I just learned randomly that this game was supposed to be really popular back then on PS2, and that most people loved it and reviewed very well too.
Which is hilarious because I always remembered it for being a dull, worthless piece of shit that was rightfully slayed on the old italian gaming magazines I used to read.

So now I feel like I'm witnessing a textbook case of Mandela effect where history is being rewritten in front of my own eyes.

Nuh. You are just witnessing shills in action. Though to be fair, it would still probably be better than 99% of the trash that gets released these days.

A horse of course

I just learned randomly that this game was supposed to be really popular back then on PS2, and that most people loved it and reviewed very well too.
Which is hilarious because I always remembered it for being a dull, worthless piece of shit that was rightfully slayed on the old italian gaming magazines I used to read.

So now I feel like I'm witnessing a textbook case of Mandela effect where history is being rewritten in front of my own eyes.

Nuh. You are just witnessing shills in action. Though to be fair, it would still probably be better than 99% of the trash that gets released these days.

I don't think it's shills. A lot of people played it as kids and have a lot of nostalgia.

Delterius

Arcane

I don't think it's shills. A lot of people played it as kids and have a lot of nostalgia.
True. While Diablo got console releases the ports weren't very good to play with. But there was a market to fulfill and it was up to the made for console knockoffs, one from the Everquest people (Champions of Norrath) and the Dark Alliance games. Dunno about legit sales or foreign markets, but down here they became a fad during the height of console gaming piracy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

These fuckin' clown show games have been leading men astray for years. I can guarantee you this conversation has happened at some point:

Hot Girl: "I love Baldur's Gate!"

RPG Codexer: "Who was your favorite companion?"

Hot Girl: "Companion?"

Codex Year of the Donut
While Diablo got console releases the ports weren't very good to play with
Left click simulator vs twin stick shooter.
The default click-to-do-everything controls for diablo games is awful. Like playing a FPS with a controller.

And yes, I know diablo fans will get butthurt by this because they simply don't know better. They've never played a diablo-like with proper WSAD support ergo they don't understand why it's superior.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom