Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Harthwain

Magister
You generally had a solid defence, and I still have no idea what to do against elves beyond "hope for removals", which isn't working at all.
This in an in-depth guide on How to beat Elves.

I will be up for a game, but not before a Friday afternoon (7.05) around 16:00 or so. I will confirm when I get back home.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So this is what winning feels like.. interesting..

Zanzoken fielded a team made up entirely of big-name RPG devs, and they performed exactly as you would expect. I hesitate to say GG, because that must just have been a frustrating mess for you. Thanks for the game, anyway. Kislev looks like a hard team to play with even if you're not failing every single roll you make.

Zanzoken

Arcane
All good man. Kislev are indeed a tricky bunch so it was good exercise for me. Leap is a fun skill to play around with, and quite useful... at least the times you don't faceplant.:M

You played well and earned the victory. And you got to fulfill a Codex fantasy and render serious bodily injury to Pete Hines, which is really the icing on the cake.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
And you got to fulfill a Codex fantasy and render serious bodily injury to Pete Hines, which is really the icing on the cake.
annotation2021-05-052ygjov.png

umPN4ar.jpg

Harthwain

Magister
I just realized I could've taken Jump Up on the Mummy, meaning it would be complete with Pile On on next level up. Can you imagine a Mummy doing Pile On and being able to move 3 squares normally, Blitzing its next target, only to Pile On again? And you could always keep a Skeleton or two next to it, to keep it safe from being fouled.

Kislev looks like a hard team to play with even if you're not failing every single roll you make.
Both Kislev and Lizardmen require some level ups to become somewhat reliable teams. Lizardmen absolutely need Block on at least some of their Sauruses, because otherwise they are forced to spend team re-rolls to avoid a turnover (and these re-rolls could be spent elsewhere, like for picking the ball up). Kislev needs Block/Wrestle for the same reasons and their Catchers really benefit from having Dodge. So, yeah, out of the box these teams are difficult to coach. Later on they become really threatening. But I guess you can say the same about a lot of teams for different reasons (Chaos, Skaven, etc.).

Harthwain

Magister
I will be up for a game or two on Saturday and Sunday (so 2-4 games total, depending on how they'll be scheduled).

If something changes due to some unforseen events I will make sure let you guys know.

Edit:

Also, I am considering adding another team to the Codex Open Ladder, because playing only one team may get stale at some point. I am still thinking what team this should be. Probably nothing bashy (since I got Bretonnians and Undead already), but I am not a big fan of Elves either, so I am wondering about Underworld (because mutations) or Humans (very flexible as far as leveling up goes and can play the passing game).

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Zanzoken

I am up.

You want to face my Undead team or my fresh Underworld team? I can also offer a fresh Khemri team.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I am up.

You want to face my Undead team or my fresh Underworld team? I can also offer a fresh Khemri team.

Let me roll a new Dark Elf team really quick and then I'll take on either of your fresh teams.

I'll ping you in a couple minutes.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Harthwain I can play again in a few minutes if you want another game

same squad for me, can do a rematch or try out your Khemri if you'd like

no pressure, it's entirely up to you

Harthwain

Magister
Overview of the match:

Drive 1:
I managed to defend rather well. It all came down to a snake eye when Dark Elves were passing on their last turn.

Drive 2:
I lost my half when I misscalculated tackle zones, leaving my ball-carrier exposed when Dark Elves pushed very aggresively forward. Then I rolled Skull into a Skull when all I needed was a Push. I guess I should've passed instead. Also, this was mainly my fault I lost there. Should've looked more carefully at how the Elves were positioned, because I could've snaked past them at the very least. Zanzoken scored suprisingly fast (he wanted to give me a fighting chance), which gave me some options.

Drive 3:
I was thinking about throwing a teammate, but decided against it. He focused on fouling my Troll. I ran out of time to run my ball-carrier away and thought I was done for. Then I had a string of super lucky rolls and managed to score a touchdown against the odds (3+ dodge into 2+ GFI into 2+ GFI into 3+ Pass into 3+ Catch into 2+ GFI into 2+ GFI).

Drive 4:
Last touchdown was nothing to speak of: my Linerat got hit with Throw a Rock (I was hoping for Rain or Riot) and Dark Elves were able to steamroll my meager defense with the 3 turns they had (although at one point I thought they might snake eye their pass. Again).

Short summary:

- Ref was biased. Only 2 KOs and both of them returned right back after the half. I lost two Goblins in that exchange (penalty box).
- Zanzoken's Blitzers were fortunate enough to roll Both Down on their blocks or blitzes. I was fortunate enough to not get many KOs or injuries out of it.
- My 1D blocks and blitzes were shit (mostly Skull or Skull into Skull). I managed to KO some Elves, but they returned back to the match fast.
- Goblin stole the MVP, Blitzer got 1 SPP, Linerat got 3 SPP. So that match did nothing in terms of developing this team.

Zanzoken

I would rather play another game in the evening, if that's not a problem. Around 17:00 or 18:00.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
underworld is the coolest team

i have very fond memories of the one i had in bb1, with two st5 linerats

also ag4 thrower

and block/pro troll

yes, that was a good team

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Zanzoken I'll sub in if you like.
Or if you want to save your mojo for the rematch, then let it be known to the other denizens of this here thread that I'm up for the next couple of hours.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Zanzoken I'll sub in if you like.

Sure man, refresh me on which teams you have to play? I am still just playing Dark Elves at the moment but I have one at 1070 and one at 1230.
Lizardmen with one level on a skink, and that's it. Was thinking about having another go at playing Skaven, though. Dealer's choice.

All right I'll spin my 1070 team then. Sounds like we'll be pretty even either way so just pick whichever you prefer and let me know when you're ready.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom