Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

typical user

Arbiter
Boys, it's 66th page so let me ask you what build will you be aiming for once the game gets released?

Personally I have a hard time to pick a class. I've already played a zealot and blizz soso. I'm thinking about WWsin with shuriken throw (forgot the skill name) and dual claws. Was thinking about using Jade Talon and Chaos, Gface, Arachnids, Dracul's/Steelrends, Shadowdancers or Gore Riders and either Enigma or Chains of Honor. Don't know about skills, but probably melee damage boosters and Shadow Master. On the other hand I'd like to see Bowazon and Hammerdin in action (also Frenzy barb but I think it would be a tad too similiar to zealot minus crazy melee defence from Holy Shield).

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I will be trying a druid because I want to experience the hobo life.
Never played diablo 2 before so it will be a fun run.

Learned
There is a chance to see the game messed up with balance updates after launch based on "fan" feedback, so there's no way I'm touching this at launch only to be stuck with a game balanced to hell's gaping asshole for the oh so very important concerns of reddit, resetera and /v/.

If I do play it, I'll probably start out with a summoner/CE necro and a budget sorc until I build up wealth. Then I'll spend said wealth on various melee builds like some zealot, shapeshifter, kicksin and a ww barb.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It depends on what you mean by "balanced". Balanced how? All the heroes are viable and have a few viable builds. However, they are so grotesquely overpowered compared to the mobs, a thing which is exacerbated by runewords, that I don't see a point in playing this game. Endgame is shit and getting to endgame is boring, woohoo.

J1M

Arcane
This thread was more fun when people were memeing on the man jaw amazon.

Andariel images are out. Breasts are surprisingly still flapping around, but now the character looks like a transvestite with mannish hips and a bigger jaw than most actors that have played Batman.

So update your censorship conspiracy theories accordingly. Breasts aren't banned, it's cleavage and attractive feminine proportions that are problematic at Blizzard HQ.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like how the inventory of mannish qualities constantly increases. At first it was a man jaw, then a man face, now mannish hips. Wait until you get to the dick.

hello friend

Arcane
Boys, it's 66th page so let me ask you what build will you be aiming for once the game gets released?

Personally I have a hard time to pick a class. I've already played a zealot and blizz soso. I'm thinking about WWsin with shuriken throw (forgot the skill name) and dual claws. Was thinking about using Jade Talon and Chaos, Gface, Arachnids, Dracul's/Steelrends, Shadowdancers or Gore Riders and either Enigma or Chains of Honor. Don't know about skills, but probably melee damage boosters and Shadow Master. On the other hand I'd like to see Bowazon and Hammerdin in action (also Frenzy barb but I think it would be a tad too similiar to zealot minus crazy melee defence from Holy Shield).
Hammerdin gets old real fast. Spam button to maintain field of death. If you want to try a less powerful build in the opposite extreme you could go holy freeze pally. It's cheesy and has a massive achilles heel, but it's damn satisfying.

J1M

Arcane
You really want leap attack or teleport to enjoy parts of this game so that limits options a fair bit. (Barb, sorc, item charges)

Side discussion: which sorc is the most fun? I remember fire being pretty bland but liking the other two.

Cael

Arcane
You really want leap attack or teleport to enjoy parts of this game so that limits options a fair bit. (Barb, sorc, item charges)

Side discussion: which sorc is the most fun? I remember fire being pretty bland but liking the other two.
I've always been partial to Ice/Lightning Sorc. Teleport, Warmth and Frozen Orb.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

Andariel images are out. Breasts are surprisingly still flapping around, but now the character looks like a transvestite with mannish hips and a bigger jaw than most actors that have played Batman.

So update your censorship conspiracy theories accordingly. Breasts aren't banned, it's cleavage and attractive feminine proportions that are problematic at Blizzard HQ.
Big fake tits are politically correct on trannies.

Learned
It depends on what you mean by "balanced". Balanced how? All the heroes are viable and have a few viable builds. However, they are so grotesquely overpowered compared to the mobs, a thing which is exacerbated by runewords, that I don't see a point in playing this game. Endgame is shit and getting to endgame is boring, woohoo.

I was referring to drop rates more than class/build balance. People who love Diablo III on the Bingbingwahoo Switch will give this a try, then they'll complain about not getting their high runes ASAP and Actizzard will tweak things. Maybe.

Sykar

Arcane
The only way for me to even consider this Remake if I can roll back to 1.09 in single player or earlier before the derpy rune words, like Dupenigma and Shitfinity, and synergies garbage were introduced. Even then I would wait until 90% sale.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
upload_2021-5-10_14-4-56.png

There's your tiddies.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

As long as there is no threat of offspring sucking on them fun bags are strongly encouraged.

The carbon they want to reduce is you.

Generic-Giant-Spider

How do the spiders look? Always thought they looked a bit goofy in D2, probably so little bitch boys wouldn't shut off their monitor or ask their big bro to beat a section for them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom