Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But is creating custom NPC's expensive like on Kingmaker?
It's the same formula of exponential gold cost based on your MC's level, but it might be worse here because you're pretty much going to hit level 3 before the custom NPC recruiter is available unlike Kingmaker where you could rush them early.

But where is he? And where is Ciar? For the quest Vengence of Sarkoris? And the shaman in wintersun?

Last edited:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hello.

Unicorn Bloodline could have been a good one for this campaign. They get loads of bonuses against the forces of evil.

'Unicorn, Forces of evil'

tenor.gif

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can start recruiting mercenaries after you survive the maze. There's a named NPC next to Half Orc woman's table - forgot their names.

Thanks. But where I should look for her? And where I need to go to find Ciar in Drezen(Vengeance of Sarkoris)? And the saman on wintersun(deep rooted derangement)?

Believe or not, I plaed dozens of hous this weekend and really wanna to progress in this game but have no clue about where to find this NPC's. The shaman on wintersun for eg, looked in the camp, looked in the cave, looked near the immortal bear and nothing. Cair, I walked in the city like 6 times searching for him and nothing...

edit : found Cair. Southwest of the Northeastern Inn. Now I just need to foretel where the shaman is...

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Need to step up those exploring skills. Ciar is in the middle of the town, maybe slightly to the NE. Not sure which one Shaman is in Wintersun but there’s one in the cave and another in town and something else at the top of the hill. Also a couple Easter Eggs on that map.

Maybe hit tab with map open?

TigerKnee

Arcane
The merc recruiter NPC is named Hilor and he moves around since the "base of operations" keeps changing. I assume you're already in Chapter 3 - he's in the Inn on the 2nd floor (quite easy to miss IMO - it would work better for the dude to be in the Citadel for convenience sake)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not sure which one Shaman is in Wintersun but there’s one in the cave and another in town and something else at the top of the hill.

Thanks but still failed on finding the shaman(Cherishes) for the Deep-Rooted derangement. Looked into the two caves, the village and nothing.. Where I can find her?

Efe

Erudite
there is a path with dozens of animals and bear cutscenes that ends with a cave to the north west.
is that what you seek?

Parabalus

Arcane
Any reason to not skip defending Defender's Heart? The rewards for skipping it seem meh though, is forcing the siege by waiting worth it?

Giving Galfrey the symbol is just for romancefags, right?

Parabalus

Arcane
They added an Athletics check to the spider boss in Leper's to whom you could previously only DD to.

:decline:

Desiderius

Patron
Welp:

BootGloves.jpg
I mean non-Freebooter Rangers and the base Quarry ability (Standard Action is a large opportunity cost) needed the help and this mob needed to drop better loot - very difficult foe for this stage - but this is um, kinda of a little too good. A slot's a slot too.

We'll see. Aru being Aru I guess.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Got trolled hard by an NPC when attempting to become a lich

- Construct a Ziggurat to create undeads
- Talk to him, he says that he will attempt to turn you into a lich
- The ritual fails
- He uses divination magic and detect a "interferece" southwest
- Do a lot of quests to "unlock' the way
- After a long time, find the place, enter in the lab
- Be trapped in a crazy lab
- Spend hours trying to exit and find the item who is causing interferece
- Report back
- Now he is too "bussy" to make me a lich...

At least I could upgrade my skeleton companion...

Desiderius

Patron
Rewards for skipping are solid. Not sure it’s really doable unless you lower the difficulty so you don’t have to rest and/or skip a lot of stuff.

There’s probably more to giving her the symbol than just romance, but it’s hard to give up.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not DRAGON?

LOL. Dragons are just one cool high fantasy creature. There is a mythic path of a gold dragon, but I don't plan to make a character for it. I talked much about dragon in the past cuz my first 3E char was a sorc and I RPed that he had draconic bloodline and draconic traits. But so far, I an enjoying a lot the Lich MP. Becoming a Lich is being a very long and interesting process, not just "click here for lichdoom", I just disliked the "I an tired" excuse. He must have said that he would need more time to prepare other ritual or something like that.

PF:WoTR is not a game which I would recommend for you. Is too epic for you, I mean, the game starts with a demoniac invasion in a city and you need to defend a camp on mid of ch 1. On ch 2, you are leading armies and on ch 3, trying to become superhuman. You would probably consider all MP "awesome buttons". Every mythic path gives very powerful spells or spell like abilities.

Supposedly Dragon mythic path doesn't turn you into a half-dragon and therefore useless

Which are the abilities of the dragon mythic path? I looked into the wiki and nothing... https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Gold+Dragon

But people say that the best melee mythic path is the Demon. Is this truth? After I learn more about the game, I wanna to make a melee alteration specialized wizard which uses spells as buffs and fight on demon form.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
What is it that you don't about it?
Not sure what you mean, but weren't the Smilodons not doing their full attacks? I don't know... I'm being wishy-washy. I may play Sohei and ride an elephant. Or a dino. Meh.
I think Soheis only have access to regular Horses as mounts and not the exotic types, which is where the Elephants and Dinos are

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom