Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I've been following this game verryyyyyy loosely, how's it going with development? Is it turning out well compared to the kingmaker? I heard there's some playable alpha or beta or something, how much can you play of that?
Is the release date on June still set?
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - now in BETA STAGE 2 - coming September 2nd
Hmm... "loosely" indeed.

deama

Prophet
So I've been following this game verryyyyyy loosely, how's it going with development? Is it turning out well compared to the kingmaker? I heard there's some playable alpha or beta or something, how much can you play of that?
Is the release date on June still set?
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - now in BETA STAGE 2 - coming September 2nd
Hmm... "loosely" indeed.
I just googled and google said June.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Crossblooded doesn’t do much. It’s the EK of archetypes. Seeker is great.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I don't understand what seems to be wrong with Eldritch Knight. My favourite Russian speaking youtuber published one interesting build for it which I am trying in WotR now.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I got interested from reading Meredoth's posts, and started reading more about the mythic rules. So I could get a better understanding of the system. Didn't really see anything in there that excludes any of those things Meredoth proposed. So, who's to say any of that isn't impossible.

In example:
>Any mythic creature is considered a mythic source. The term “mythic source” can also apply to an attack, feat, spell, magic item, or other effect that originates from a mythic source.
Stop reading the mythic rules and immediately forget everything you read. Owlcat's mythics are no more than loosely based on Paizo's, and it is for the best.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Amount of impossibility in that post is more than fantasies of a hormonally unbalanced teenager.

Was just a brainstorming.

----

Anyway, fought a really troublesome enemy. "Playful Darkness"

54 AC
36 spell resistance

My lv 14 wiz/4 mythic path with greater spell penetration feat would need to roll high(18+14+2+2) to land any spell which allow SR on him; and Asrueshalae would need to hit a critical to hit him. The solution was to memorize a lot of acid fog which ignores SR and try to maintain my undead army alive distracting him while the acid fog damages him and even then, was not easy. Without exploiting his AWFUL AI, there are any way to defeat him?

Owlcat's mythics are no more than loosely based on Paizo's, and it is for the best.

I said that adaptations needs to be faithful to the source material, but honestly, OwlCat mythic > Paizo mythic. I was wrong...

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
no more than loosely based on Paizo's, and it is for the best.
It seems to be the trend, doesn't it?

When the game is released I'd like to see the comparison between Paizo Wrath of the Righteous adventure path and what Owlcat does in the game.
I've always intended to write one. And from what little I've seen of the beta, it'll be much longer than my Kingmaker comparison post.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't understand what seems to be wrong with Eldritch Knight. My favourite Russian speaking youtuber published one interesting build for it which I am trying in WotR now.

They have no abilities. There is no "build." Playing EK is throwing up your hands and admitting the game is too much for you.

As for the action economy issue as someone who likes playing Crusaders of course you fight with the BAB and buff with the fast spell progression, but what Arcane buff is it that you want so badly to get to that you'd sacrifice all the abilities that make other martials worth playing?

Desiderius

Patron
Don't get too down on Paizo. I use d20 extensively to figure out P:K and Wrath and it looks like a helluva game to play. Owlcat doesn't depart that far on the nuts and bolts.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mythic path is probably the unique example of a TT rule deviation which improved the game. Tabletop games are social experience, so things must be fun for the group. CRPG's are solo experience, so things must be fun for the player. I an loving the Lich mythic path, but I don't think that it would work on TT. Deviation of rules is 99% of the time is to take out cool stuff, this is probably the unique case where it is used to add cool stuff.

Also, reached chapter 4. The final battle of CH 3 was quite troublesome but fun. My spellbook

u96B6Mx.png

The chapter 4 is quite interesting. But I believe that I can't share details about chapter 4. Not even under spoiler tag.

I always played with a small party. With no XP share till lv 12 and with XP share after it.

Desiderius

Patron
Anyway, fought a really troublesome enemy. "Playful Darkness"

54 AC
36 spell resistance

My lv 14 wiz/4 mythic path with greater spell penetration feat would need to roll high(18+14+2+2) to land any spell which allow SR on him; and Asrueshalae would need to hit a critical to hit him. The solution was to memorize a lot of acid fog which ignores SR and try to maintain my undead army alive distracting him while the acid fog damages him and even then, was not easy. Without exploiting his AWFUL AI, there are any way to defeat him?

Pay attention to more than two stats. Arcanist Rays may be better than they look. Bombs similar but most classes have some tools that get around those two. If not there are always items.

Desiderius

Patron
There are a lot of spells and abilities that buff Spell Pen, starting with the obvious Mythic Spell Pen. No reason not to be in the high 20s by that point.

Parabalus

Arcane

They have no abilities. There is no "build." Playing EK is throwing up your hands and admitting the game is too much for you.

As for the action economy issue as someone who likes playing Crusaders of course you fight with the BAB and buff with the fast spell progression, but what Arcane buff is it that you want so badly to get to that you'd sacrifice all the abilities that make other martials worth playing?

The Lich buffs with 30 CL?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want giant mythic path. We starting gnome-size and getting BIGGER with each level. And then go and laugh at Victor's lich for being manlet.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'd say they are mediocre warriors and mediocre mages. Melee/mage combos work only when the melee side is very good and you use the mage side to buff that to godly levels. EKs get very rudimentary melee abilities and you are better off casting damaging spells than letting melee consume your actions in any given turn. The Spell Critical feat they gain at level 10 is okay (if you get a crit) and I'd say it's the only cool thing the EK gets, but you need to heavily invest in an otherwise mediocre class.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Flame Arrow isn’t Pathfinder lol. Exactly my point.

It’s in CotW but it isn’t a Touch spell. Y’all still playing the games in your head not ready for this one.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Flame Arrow isn’t Pathfinder lol. Exactly my point.

It’s in CotW but it isn’t a Touch spell. Y’all still playing the games in your head not ready for this one.

Last time i played was over a year ago, but you know very well what i mean. Or do you? Hmmmmm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom