Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saint's Row 2

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you sure that you have the non-censored version? Last time I checked, SR2 was geoblocked and you would still get the censored version of the game, even though someone from outside of Germany gifted it to you.

Yes. When I had the German version, it didn't work. Now it works, and all I did was get a gifted version from a friend in Bulgaria. The Gentlemen of the Row mod also works fine with it. It also has all the features that the German version removed, I've read that the censored German version doesn't let you grab NPCs as human shields, my version does allow me to do that, so it's definitely the uncut version.

I found that getting games gifted by my Bulgarian pal reliably works for circumventing German censored versions or completely unavailable games, I also got Postal 2 this way which can't be purchased at all from Germany.

Don Peste

Arcane
It ain't good news.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/

IdolNinja said:
Stepping down as CM and the future of the SR2 patch
I've been trying to come up with a good way to say this, but there really is not one. I'm stepping down as Volition's Community Developer.

The reason why is a simple one; the cancer that I fought so hard with last year was only a temporary victory. It has come back with a vengeance, and I only have a short time left here on this earth.

You are probably wondering what will happen with the Saints Row 2 patch project. While I will no longer be managing Community, I will continue to work on this for as long as I am able. Please understand that it is 100% my choice to spend my last days contributing to it. Both Volition and Deep Silver have been incredibly supportive and have always given me the opportunity to leave the project with a solemn vow to make sure it gets finished without me. We have also been planning for this eventual moment, and brought on additional programming help some time ago to make sure it happens. While I am hesitant to give any kind of timeline, I can say that there have been huge strides made. I am confident that it will meet everyone's high expectations and standards (including mine.)

Anyone that knows me, understands that I have the deepest love for both the people at Volition and our community. I hope I was able to shine a light on how we make games and who we are as both developers and people, and maybe make everyone's day just a little bit brighter in some small way. Oh, and one last thing... while I probably won't be here to see the launch, our new Saints Row game is absolutely going to blow the roof off. I am beyond proud to have been a part of bringing it to life.
From his Steam account:

DD3863042EF768A5667AB2FBC6A873578E291D94

D5C1F2FBB564BE68E1DEE78E38EA514C98E34320

88A3C2164C621F27E9A7658197341992E58A7831

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom