Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yep, it's going to be a theme park. No big news.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I would like if Larian actually had a kind of a "time limit", and if you rest too much the tadpole should end up consuming your brain. Just like PF:KM, a time limit that is not too strict that you cannot explore the game, but neither so lenient you can just ignore it.
Do you think the type of people this game is trying to appeal to could handle any amount of being held accountable by the developers. Do you think the developers want to hold anyone accountable, they just want to appeal to the usual larian Lowest Common Denominator. Their design philosophy is reflected by the type of people that want this game, and all those people are clearly saying no to anything as interesting as time limits
Pretty much yeah. Especially with design by committee already making them do things like tone down the companions because people thought they were too mean.

Larianshill

Arbiter
To play the devil's advocate (I didn't like changes to Shadowheart), BG3's companions are nearly all snarky assholes or narcissistic cunts, with Wyll being the only exception - because Wyll doesn't have a personality. While it's great to have one, or a few characters like this - like the Red Prince - an entire cast of cunts will get very tiresome pretty fast, it's like playing DnD with redditors. I fully understand the demand for changes, and I understand Larian caving.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
IS also good to point out that companions has fully voice acting.

Larian just can't put for example a undead companion which only those who follow one of nine mythic paths and explore a optional area will encounter. Making alterations in a companion which is in the game is not cheap.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
To play the devil's advocate (I didn't like changes to Shadowheart), BG3's companions are nearly all snarky assholes or narcissistic cunts, with Wyll being the only exception - because Wyll doesn't have a personality. While it's great to have one, or a few characters like this - like the Red Prince - an entire cast of cunts will get very tiresome pretty fast, it's like playing DnD with redditors. I fully understand the demand for changes, and I understand Larian caving.

I remember in DoS2 beta, one of the character (the crossbow guy) was first portrayed as a scummy, unreliable drug addict. It was great shit. Big dissapointment that they changed that for something more generic ; I do wonder why. I guess they were "listening to the fans".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3043848732194281247

Hotfix #11 Now Live!
e78a8d60665a8356f425850ce7e22d57b10ffbcd.png

Hello Everyone!

Today’s small hot-fix focuses on solving some bugs & crashes getting in the way of your adventures.

Each time you play the game, you help us to find these sorts of issues and your support tickets, Forum and Reddit posts help us narrow down issues, too. Thank you for being with us through Early Access, it means the world to us.

We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!

Changelist:
  • Fixed a crash when stepping out of running water
  • Fixed a rare crash related to animation states
  • Fixed a crash when party members use jump to follow
  • Fixed behaviour scripting causing crashes when starting a dialog fails
  • Fixed thread safety issue in Physx

Larianshill

Arbiter
We will be back soon with a larger community update, that goes into some detail about how we process & parse feedback and data we get through talking with you, and the telemetry we have in the game. ‘Til then, sit tight!
Maybe they'll touch some controversial topics, like the toilet chain and the reactions. Oh, who am I kidding, they'll talk about romances.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I would like if Larian actually had a kind of a "time limit", and if you rest too much the tadpole should end up consuming your brain. Just like PF:KM, a time limit that is not too strict that you cannot explore the game, but neither so lenient you can just ignore it.
Do you think the type of people this game is trying to appeal to could handle any amount of being held accountable by the developers. Do you think the developers want to hold anyone accountable, they just want to appeal to the usual larian Lowest Common Denominator. Their design philosophy is reflected by the type of people that want this game, and all those people are clearly saying no to anything as interesting as time limits

D:OSII had back to back gate fights harder than anything in Deadfire. You phaggots would rather bitch and moan than deal with the complexity of the real.

People will deal with limits that make sense and are learnable.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

D:OSII had back to back gate fights harder than anything in Deadfire. You phaggots would rather bitch and moan than deal with the complexity of the real.

People will deal with limits that make sense and are learnable.
It's easy to prop yourself up when you're comparing yourself to dead fire, yet dead fire is still somehow the better game. Holding players accountable has nothing to do with difficulty though. Pikmin 3 is easy as fuck and hold players more accountable than both. Defending unredeemable dos2 describes the type of person you are perfectly.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's easy to prop yourself up when you're comparing yourself to dead fire, yet dead fire is still somehow the better game. Holding players accountable has nothing to do with difficulty though. Pikmin 3 is easy as fuck and hold players more accountable than both. Defending unredeemable dos2 describes the type of person you are perfectly.

What?

You've Stockholm Syndromed yourselves into agreeing with the suits behind Gamergate that gamers are all idiots who just want a Skinner Box.

I presented facts to the contrary. All you've got is empty ad hominem.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

What?

You've Stockholm Syndromed yourselves into agreeing with the suits behind Gamergate that gamers are all idiots who just want a Skinner Box.

I presented facts to the contrary. All you've got is empty ad hominem.
Your evidence to the contrary was "Deadfire is bad too" as if anyone ever disagreed with that. You look at modern day games and what's popular and all you see is developers bending backwards so that they don't inconvenience any of their players. And if an inconvenience sneaks through, they're sure to update it out. Triple A isn't the place to get good games anymore, and larian wants nothing more than to join the triple A group of soulless developers. You're the one taking what the "Suits" give you. Some fat cat in an office fudging numbers on what sells to the most amount of people, which includes LCDs, and you apparently.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Your evidence to the contrary was "Deadfire is bad too" a

Yep. Deadfire is too modern for grognards and too old school for modernfags.

-----

Anyway, if I only had known turn based RPG's by Larian games, I would hate turn based RPG's like many people here. Gladly, I played a lot of Strategic Simulations Inc masterpieces, the Dark Sun games for eg, also played KoTC 1 and Solasta. The environmental iterations on BG3 fells like a gimmicky, on Solasta fells like part of the world. I still believe that Solasta would be better if was based on 3E or 2E but still a great game. Except in graphics, everything which BG3 proposed to be, Solasta did in a better way.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Except in graphics, everything which BG3 proposed to be, Solasta did in a better way.
And with the fraction of the team members. BG3 is just a veneer, everything outward facing seems good but everything below is an insidious cancer. The veneer is good voice acting, mo-cap, better graphics, 30 minute character face creation. And that's enough for most people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom