Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sykar

Arcane
So you'd rather go Sorc20/Lich10
It sounds like a perfect caster build to beat saving throws. What's wrong with that?
I think DC casters have a lot of options actually. Stacking CLs doesn't give you better DCs in Pathfinder. So what you're looking for is a competition between Lich/Angel's Level 10 spells (10 base DC for those spells) vs Azata's Favorable Magic vs Demon's 5+DC swings via Aspects.

So what would be a good combination for a Phantasmal Killer/Weird aficienado?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It sounds like a perfect caster build to beat saving throws. What's wrong with that?
I think DC casters have a lot of options actually. Stacking CLs doesn't give you better DCs in Pathfinder. So what you're looking for is a competition between Lich/Angel's Level 10 spells (10 base DC for those spells) vs Azata's Favorable Magic vs Demon's 5+DC swings via Aspects.

I believe that is trickster.

Delterius

Arcane

I believe that is trickster.
Absolutely not. Trickster doesn't do anything for casters, especially not for DC casters. Even Azata does more for Arcane Tricksters (who aren't DC casters) than Trickster does.

I /think/ demon has DC swings and also forces the enemy to reroll. A +5 DC swing tends to be better mathematically than forced re-roll. So those are your options: Azata and Demon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
especially not for DC casters.

Thanks, I was thinking that trickster would be better for the people who love illusion magic, just like lich is the best for the people who love necromancy.

---------------

There are only 3 mythic paths which I wanna to play. Lich, Azata and Demon

• Lich is my favorite and the unique which I experienced at moment. So far, loved the MP a lot.
  • Azata : Will ATTEMPT to make a water elementarist with it.
  • Demon : Would be my favorite if you could actually get the half fiend and demon template, not just shapeshift with a spell.
I already reached far on mid of ch 4 and saw lich abilities up to tier 5. Will try to see what Azata can offer now. I know that I will get massive main plot spoilers if I play more. I already learned too much about the story. Kingmaker was amazing but this game is even better in some aspects. Will just load my lv 10 save before I chose a MP and test a water elementarist azata and after it, a melee wizard demon.

Parabalus

Arcane

Thanks, I was thinking that trickster would be better for the people who love illusion magic, just like lich is the best for the people who love necromancy.

---------------

• Lich is my favorite and the unique which I experienced at moment. So far, loved the MP a lot.
  • Demon : Would be my favorite if you could actually get the half fiend and demon template, not just shapeshift with a spell.
I already reached far on mid of ch 4 and saw lich abilities up to tier 5. Will try to see what Azata can offer now. I know that I will get massive main plot spoilers if I play more. I already learned too much about the story. Kingmaker was amazing but this game is even better in some aspects. Will just load my lv 10 save before I chose a MP and test a water elementarist azata and after it, a melee wizard demon.

Do the Lich NPCs improve?

At Rank 3 they are pretty shitty.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

---------------

They improve a bit. You can make then cleric, magus, etc; later on. But don't expect something good as a Smilodon

Parabalus

Arcane

---------------

They improve a bit. You can make then cleric, magus, etc; later on. But don't expect something good as a Smilodon

What about the proper NPCs, not the minion?

Are they supposed to not have mythic ranks or is it bugged for me?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Trickster is a whole nother level. Is the Book CHR-based?

If you want to Weird it up try the Gnome exclusive Arcanist archetype since it says it gives you Persistent Metamagic.

Jorus

Educated
What a bummer I decided to try an Arcane Rider but Arcane Mount (using arcane pool abilities also get applied to your mount) doesn't seem to work. You can't cast Arcane Weapon or self buffs while mounted but offensive spells like touch of fatigue/shocking grasp can be used while being on your mount.

jerfdr

Educated
You can see prayer, remove blindness, delay poison, bless and everything else that was learned with Angel.
The point is that the base class of this character is the Sacred Huntsmaster who has divine casting, and they have apparently chosen to merge spellbooks. Thus when getting a new mythic rank they are getting a new divine caster level and learn new spells (of regular divine kind). However, if you start with a character with no divine spellbook of their own, you won't see normal divine spells added on mythic rank increase, I'm quite sure about that. So if you build a pure Sorcerer and go the Angel route you won't be getting any normal divine spells, just the special Angel ones.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah unfortunately it's hit or miss if you try one of the new classes in the Alpha/Beta - even some of the Companion classes don't fully work.

Here's something that is definitely major incline though you wonder why it wasn't designed like this:

New travel.jpg

Also several new Demon types and attax in this Beta:

Gibrileth.jpg

Don't let the stats fool you - playing Casual difficulty to catch up to where I was last time.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll say one thing, Owlcat has certainly made an effort to make the mythic paths more interesting than the base paths.

The base mythic paths are insanely generic and boring. They give large powerups, but there isn't any real flavour to them.

Tying it to actual otherworldly sources of power rather than just saying "hah, you're an archmage now" or "you're a mythic defender now", is a lot more interesting and has way more RP potential. Though in fairness to Paizo, I guess they needed to keep them fairly generic so they could be used in other APs/games without significant modification.

jerfdr

Educated
The point is that the base class of this character is the Sacred Huntsmaster who has divine casting, and they have apparently chosen to merge spellbooks.
they have not because they can't merge spellbooks, plus you can clearly see there are two spellbooks in that video
Ok, sorry, I'm wrong here. Still, having watched and listened to that video more carefully, it's clear that you don't get a "full divine spellbook" via going Angel. Yes, you get a spellbook which contains some regular divine spells in addition to the special Angel ones, but the selection of these regular divine spells is quite limited (mostly confined to the healing domain, and some buffs), and you cannot actually choose them (you just get a rather small predetermined list of regular divine spells).

This is very different to the Mystic Theurge case where you have a full-fledged divine spellbook where you can select the spells that you want, out of all regular divine spells.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
Someone have calculated how many theoric different character combiniation are possible?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Someone have calculated how many theoric different character combiniation are possible?
4 - wizard, sorcerer, witch, arcanist

the rest are not protagonist material

Yep. But you also need to take subclasses, races and mythic paths into account (considering feats and other stuff would generate a ridiculous large number).

That said, Arcanist has 5 subclasses. Sorc, 6. Witch, 4. Wiz, 4. There are also 12 races to chose from(human, elf, manlet, gnome, hobbit, half elf, half orc, aasimar, tiefling, oread, dhampir and furry), and 9 mythic paths(zealots, demons, i wanna be a dragon, azatas, aeon, cheater, papa bones and filthy swarm). Without considering that some subclasses require that you play as a manlet from the merchants guild(gnome), we have 19 subclasses(6+4+4+5) * 9 mythic paths * 12 races, or 2052 combinations of arcane main character.

Those who commit the heresy of not playing this game as a arcane caster, probably can expect a much larger number of race/class/mp combinations.

EDIT : Forgot to take base classes and the specializations for wiz, patrons for witches, blodlines for sorc and etc.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
They've given us the incomparable Nenio for the Arcane.

NenioSperg.jpg
The Fourth Wall never stood a chance in the face of her Mythic Autism.

An arcane MC would be superfluous.

Desiderius

Patron

No, but I will probably be unfortunately forced to play a merc or two to enjoy them since these companions lend themselves less well to trying out different classes than those in P:K did.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, Mr. Desiderius .

I had these annoying "unknown key" entries on most of my popups, usually 2 of them: up under the title and down at the end of the popup.

I uninstalled the game through Steam and downloaded it again. It did not help, at least with my old saves.

Then I applied the latest patch, deleted all the saves and created a new character using the latest version of the game. The only modification I use is custom portraits.

Now I have consistent "unknown key" message under all spell titles - and nowhere else. It seems (though I am not sure) that the "unknown key" at the bottom changed to the place where the item was acquired. Unfortunately, I do not know what exactly changed this: the new patch, the new save or both. But it is better now.

This is the beta for you. They definitely do not bother with save and patch compatibility - which is to be expected. They have more important issues to fix and features to add. If the same behavior with patches continues after the release - then Owlcat Games developers deserve to live on the streets of Moscow in -30 Celsius, but not before.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
you wouldnt be testing much if you just loaded your latest save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom