Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hellish Quart - 17th century historical dueling game with physics based combat

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
I really wish they'd focus on the fighting part instead and flesh that out first. That story mode looks boring as fuck so far. They are two guys afaik, I'm afraid they're adding too much stuff to deliver a polished, fun product in the end, aka biting off more than they can chew, aka feature creep.

But its the way of gamedev!

Zariusz

Arbiter
Probably some Spaniard (or HRE mercenary).
ohIFHy7e1ubhdDDCv1CbXRpGb0C7owPKHDt0pHM9se7a8SDT8chMG3H_5WfRs1mokql64yhN-BB3PGQ=s1024-nd

Former slave from barbary coast i guess?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Begone Barbarian!
This is a figthing game for :obviously: sophisticated duelists, not axe wielding savages.
Savage or sophisticated the fight ends but one way.
That's a lot of single sword characters, damn.

It's set in 17th century and it's supposed to be realistic game about 1 vs 1 duels. What did you expect, final fantasy 7 style swords or some shit?
Of course not. I didn't expect so many that's all. Kinda keen on checking them out now and seeing how they differ.
Except the rapier, maybe.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I dislike how when you play survive mode it's loading every area, which takes time. The game is great for quick 15 minutes burst of play and having slow and frequent loading times destroys it. Would be great if you could just choose a single arena for survive mode. (Got to 8 stage if you ask)
Having the exact same feeling. I mean fight's done in three seconds and loading takes ten seconds.
Hajduk is good though.

agris

Arcane
Patron
this game looks like a promising way to solve disputes on the codex.

the developer should add an arena mode, where real people can sit in modeled stands to watch people duel, and be represented by some sort of avatar. it would give it some colosseum vibes.

Zariusz

Arbiter

the developer should add an arena mode, where real people can sit in modeled stands to watch people duel, and be represented by some sort of avatar. it would give it some colosseum vibes.
I think it would fit more if it was part of Tournament like mode, all people who would watch those duels should be just players (with their chosen fighters as avatars) who wait for their fights. Losers and winners with wounds would have bandages and all watchers should be able to react with gestures sounds etc.

agris

Arcane
Patron

I think it would fit more if it was part of Tournament like mode, all people who would watch those duels should be just players (with their chosen fighters as avatars) who wait for their fights. Losers and winners with wounds would have bandages and all watchers should be able to react with gestures sounds etc.
Thanks, that was the word I was looking for: tournament. Agreed with the implementation, except there needs to be "spectators only" that are represented by an avatar as well, to give it a gladiatorial feel.

Thanks, that was the word I was looking for: tournament. Agreed with the implementation, except there needs to be "spectators only" that are represented by an avatar as well, to give it a gladiatorial feel.

The duels can often be so quick that many people wouldn't manage to load the game before it is finished.

Zariusz

Arbiter

The duels can often be so quick that many people wouldn't manage to load the game before it is finished.
Probably such tournaments would have to be played on one map without loading.

Even so, the 3 point match can last less than a minute.

Zariusz

Arbiter

Yes match, but what about whole tournament?

Yes match, but what about whole tournament?

You are talking about a series of duels, all on a single map? If so, I agree that this could work.

Aemar

Arcane
Brandt_Skladanie_sztandarow.jpg

Wakandians in a 17th century Commonwealth setting is not something far fetched. When campaigning, Ottomans used to rally various troops from all over the empire so they always had Wakandians fighting for them, either as free men or military slaves of the Sublime Porte.

That dude could also be a Barbary Coast pirate, so I guess that's also not a problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom