Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

A horse of course

3 Kingdoms again shines there. The autoresolve is fairly accurate, battles between armies of similar strength occur more often and it often behoves the player to manually resolve the bigger ones just to preserve their units a bit more.

E: The ice on the bear artillery looks stupid.

If I wanted to play a game about bugs I'd play The Nations

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The implication was that they use the lessons learned from 3K to make Wawa better... But I don't see that happening.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
:yawn: pretty bad gameplay reveal. It'll probably be decent fun to play and more variety in mission types is good but also not what I care about. What I want to know is siege rework, campaign rework and that type of thing.

zapotec

Liturgist
Streltsi - GUN-GREATAXE INFANTRY.

Did Radious design these units?

No, they are from the rpg supplement about Kislev:

I see instead that they went the space wolf route by inserting bears everywhere, they should have used source material from the aforomentioned supplement and from something rotten in kislev.
:negative:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Are siege battles ever going to not be complete dogshit in these games?

Siege battles rework confirmed by the devs.

New minor settlements battles with many layouts. some are 360 degrees

New features for both settlements battles and sieges
I heard even the siege battles in troy sucked so it's hard to be optimistic about this thing.

A horse of course

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I heard Games Workshop was the one who designed the units for Kislev, not a fan of some design choices.
Like, they're going out of their way to add some icy magic bits in whatever places thay can stick them. Looks terrible on those elite winged lancers.
Patriarch was a welcome surprise. Looks pravoslavno:obviously:

Gameplay looked fine to me, but overall i am not impressed. I was hoping that they will show more.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ah so CA’s creative team strikes again. I can hardly forget their previous addition to the lore: Cylostra or whatever her name was.

A horse of course

this looks shit

What the hell did I just witness :prosper:

Have the CA developpers played too many tower defence games or that shitty looking W40k mobile game Youtube keeps spamming me with?

In the full stream there's a cringy faux-interview with one of the lead designers, and he says something like "we wanted to stay true to the fans of the first two blah blah but also surprise blah blah blah blah blah" which has always been PR-speak for "we're chasing the latest fad and we know you won't like it".

Andnjord

Arcane
In the full stream there's a cringy faux-interview with one of the lead designers, and he says something like "we wanted to stay true to the fans of the first two blah blah but also surprise blah blah blah blah blah" which has always been PR-speak for "we're chasing the latest fad and we know you won't like it".
Thanks, now I know I don't need to watch that interview.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The thing is, between woke GW and woke CA it's honestly surprising how well the minor factions were represented. Even if they love to insert wahmen into them whenever possible. But those had some representation in the lore beforehand. I shudder to think what Cathay will be like.

A horse of course

The thing is, between woke GW and woke CA it's honestly surprising how well the minor factions were represented. Even if they love to insert wahmen into them whenever possible. But those had some representation in the lore beforehand. I shudder to think what Cathay will be like.

They tried to pander to Chyna with 3K and then got mega-asshurt when Chinese started modding them.
RDifCGt.jpg

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

They tried to pander to Chyna with 3K and then got mega-asshurt when Chinese started modding them.
RDifCGt.jpg
Allowing women into any creative community is always a mistake. They only make things worse.

vibehunter

Learned

RDifCGt.jpg

Lol what a piss poor excuse of a "community manager."

Tyrr

Liturgist
Community manager is one of the few career paths in the games industry for gender studies majors (and other people with no talent or useful education).

wahrk

Learned
this looks shit

Have the CA developpers played too many tower defence games or that shitty looking W40k mobile game Youtube keeps spamming me with?

What fad? They’ve already had quest battles similar to this in WH2. The theme of Kislev is defending against relentless chaos invasions, I’m not really surprised that this is what they came up with to represent it.

A horse of course

this looks shit

Lol, exactly my thoughts. This is going to be awful. Too bad idiots will slurp it day one.

Idiots like r*dditors, who are currently

READING THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom