Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Retard refers to people with intellectual disabilities. It is used in an ableist and deragotary manner on the codex forum. People with intellectual and developmental disabilities do not condone of this usage of the word “retarded,” under any circumstances. That should be reason enough for any of us to banish these words from our vocabularies. Every day Codex continues to have this rating is another day it continues being ableist and continues to misuse basic english vocabulary.

I get DAILY notifications of my posts being rated as retarded, yet I have seen many doctors and they have all said I am not intellectually nor mentally disabled.

From now on I petition people need to post proof of having mental or iintellectual disabilities before anyone can rate them as "retarded". Everyday Codex continues to have this rating it LITERALLY breaks the law and this UPSETS me as a staunch human rights activist. Barack Obama (The best president of the United States) passed a law that makes calling people retarded LITERALLY ILLEGAL.

Unless they are Maxie of course, he is a dog and studies have shown that dogs have the IQ of a 2-year-old human. This IQ certainly qualifies him as a retard.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
The word "cuck" is also used in a derogatory way by the users of this website. I petition for a revaluation of how all this ratings are used here.

I receive almost daily this rating, and yet I dont engage in this sexual practice. But we also shoudlnt mock people that contributes to our society and have this sex preference.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Retard refers to people with intellectual disabilities
Well taking in consideration you got the
815333574508675123.png
does that mean you are a fellow retard?

The word "cuck" is also used in a derogatory way by the users of this website. I petition for a revaluation of how all this ratings are used here.

I receive almost daily this rating, and yet I dont engage in this sexual practice. But we also shoudlnt mock people that contributes to our society and have this sex preference.

I absolutely agree, there is nothing wrong with being a cuck. A Healthy sexual life is not ashamed of sexual fantasies and consensual scenarios between consensual adults that consent.

Cuck is not an insult. It is something to be taken with pride. Codex has MANY proud cucks and I will eventually give an example of one.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The retadred rating serves to both raise public awareness of the intellectually disabled and highlight all the unique and gifted individuals among the Codex community. I won't stand for this ableist erasure of non-neurotypicals.

The retadred rating serves to both raise public awareness of the intellectually disabled and highlight all the unique and gifted individuals among the Codex community. I won't stand for this ableist erasure of non-neurotypicals.

this is a good point, but I believe you are being slightly naive about the intentions of the average codex poster. I believe they are not as optimistic and aware of the importance of advocacy as you are.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kwanza the land where you are prohibited to call fool a retard but you are forced by government to call a man in wig a wombyn, where soon ID willl be needed to buy bread but its RAACYST to demand ID and proof of citizenship, residency and not being a felon at voting booth.

Home of the retarded the land of the Dumb.

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I would prefer that explanation & examples were given as to why one has been called/rated retard.

My suggestion instead is to lets combine/attach rating or at least the retard rating with text that can be viewed on profile.
Rate retard>opens text window that requires minimum amount of latter to text in order to post/rate>system places it in a profile menu with the data such as thread and post that can be viewed by the public so one could know the reason behind.
Assuming that writing and explanation require effort, specifically mental one which retard's seem to have difficulty with. We would than lessen the misuse of the word/rating while still making it available if situation truly require it without total removal or preventing of its use.

Coding is described as difficult or tedious and for some interesting or challenging but it could be a good use of the new server/site upgrade that been said to have happened.

retard (v.)late 15c., "make slow or slower," from French retarder "restrain, hold (someone) back, keep (someone from doing something); come to a stop" (13c.) or directly from Latin retardare "make slow, delay, keep back, hinder" (see retardation). Related: Retarded; retarding.

The noun is recorded from 1788 in the sense "retardation, delay;" from 1970 in offensive meaning "retarded person," originally American English, with accent on first syllable. Other words used for "one who is mentally retarded" include retardate (1956), retardee (1971)
https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=retard

Forum do not seem a efficient measure to retardation for how do we measure quickness vs slowness in web forum which is not a direct platform?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Also what has Mexie done to warrant such misuse of tags in correlation to the topic?

fork

Would be more practical to remove all other buttons.
Retadred is the most useful tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom