Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
The amount of Salt hardcore causes is unbelievable. I read a thread on the official forums from a guy who had been playing the game for years. Talked about having a crap ton of past lives and reaper points, but dying to lag this hardcore caused him to perma quit the game.

He mentioned spending a lot on pots and stuff over the years, so that's one whale customer they killed with this idea.

Everyone in the thread was giving him the standard "sorry to see you go but I understand" except one guy. Dude actually said "You died like a b1tch noob in Hardcore and then had too show off your small epeen by bragging about how many reaper points you had. Game doesn't need players like you hope the door hits you on the way out."

Holy crap

Reinhardt

Arcane
There were people buying supreme tomes on hardcore to climb the ladder only to be bitchslapped by random chest.

Codex Year of the Donut
"You died like a b1tch noob in Hardcore and then had too show off your small epeen by bragging about how many reaper points you had. Game doesn't need players like you hope the door hits you on the way out."
He's right.
Playing permadeath in an online game is a stupid idea, I have no idea why someone would want to risk hours upon hours of progress on a single disconnect.

Lhynn

Arcane
Anyone here played an alchemist? I an thinking on purchasing the class.
Depends on how much you want to play it. If its going to be "your favorite class" tm, go ahead. If it isnt, then no, adventure packs are more important.

Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone here played an alchemist? I an thinking on purchasing the class.
yes, it's very strong unless they changed it since I last played. Starts off very slow until you get multiflask though, you rely heavily on SLAs.
high aoe damage, lots of CC, 100% uptime invis that doesn't break on doing damage, can survive for a long time on fumes due to the core abilities being SLAs with very low cost(load up those metamagics)

heals are decent, but they're slooow to cast and have a travel time, unlike your damage you can't quicken them

and again, unless they changed it, gnome is the best race because you get color spray which is amazing CC for very low cost. Even with bad DCs it tends to land fairly often due to each effect having its own roll.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Been playing with someone else as a Rogue. We both started at Level 1 and we have made it up to level 9 now. Very different playing as a rogue. Have to make sure everyone is aggroed on someone else and then swoop in to do tons of sneak attack damage. Constructs and undead are immune, but you get assassin's trick which removes sneak attack immunity at lvl 6. It only effects one target though and has a cooldown of 6 seconds, so have to reserve it for champions and bosses.

Playing a halfling is also interesting due to the fact everything just looks so huge. Feel like a kid again.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I never understood the appeal of Hardcore. It's not so much a thrill because almost every single Hardcore death I've ever heard in games that have it like Diablo II is due to lag spikes and coming back to a dead character. I knew a guy that somehow got an insanely strong character in D2 on Hardcore and he straight up told me it is the shittiest mode to play because you almost always have to play solo in password protected games and you're still at the mercy of the server or your ISP fucking you. Eventually he let the character rot away because it was a stressful endeavor to play after having sunk all those hours and there's no point to playing if it's not fun and you can't do anything like join public games or PVP.

Hardcore sounds a lot cooler than it actually is.

Sykar

Arcane
My favorite hardcore death in D2: Bonemancer going down to Bhaal. I still remember the death scream of my Necro while my screen was still black and I could do NOTHING. That is when I said "Fuck this shit" to hardcore. By that time I had suffered over a dozen deaths over my 6 year D2 career. Before that I lost a full Tal Sorc in Act 2 Hell teleporting to the Ancient Tunnels for some TC85 farming when I just dropped dead. One shot by a zombie with extra strong and might aura who was hidden behind a small piece of broken wall I teleported past practially invisible to me. I also had max block so the chance of that happening that the block would fail just there... ugh.
In the end all hardcore does is restricting your builds to the most survivable. Boring.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Is it worthwhile to buy Enhancment trees or should I get them via ingame unlock like farming Harper favor for the Harper tree? Got a near level 12 wizard as my main.
Better buy adventures with corresponding reputation, like Ravenloft and Sharn. Money much better spent.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They are rarely on sale though.

If you wanted you could get DDO points when they are on sale for Double Bonus DDO Points and then buy the expansions with the points since they are in the DDO store. That way you wouldn't have to wait until Black Friday when the expansions are on sale.

Codex Year of the Donut
buy points on sale then wait for the content to be on sale
if they're going to be jews about it, be a jew right back to them

Reinhardt

Arcane
Logged today and there is 30% shared stash sale and i had enough points, Mission acomplished. finished something i couldn't finish when i played the game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
OY VEY! Codexia is really ded.

6G5ZjOV.png

Zlaja

Arcane
So, I tried this thing out and rolled a sorcerer. Using a magic wand and that cold ray spell is fun and takes out enemies from a safe distance. Detecting secret doors is a total pain with this class tho, so as soon as I was able to I exhanged my acid spray with detect secret door spell. Had to go with a human, cause all but 4 races are locked behind a pay wall. Some of the cooler spell trees are also locked, so i figure I should go with the water tree. How many trees can you put your points into without streching yourself too thin? Also, what's with the economy inflation in this game? What is even the point of silver and copper coins when you're rolling in gold and platinum after an hour of gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom