Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Mazisky

Magister
The moba-style battle shown will be only present at specific boss battle during the campaign, so like 4 battles out of 100.

The normal battles present in previous games will have more variety cause they have introduced minor settlement battles and sieges rework, some of them at 360 degrees.

So no, the game didn't turn into a Moba the same way the game didn't turn into a First person shooter only because you can manual fire artillery.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just buy the game on Instant gaming at 10 Eur when it will be released.
I'll bought all of my games at release there for a ridicolous price and never got scammed once.
Nah, thanks, I'm not an asshole.
Unless I hate the developers, I buy from sites where they'll see some of the money.

Ed123 gamebillet is a legitimate key reseller like Humble, GreenManGaming, WinGameStore, etc. no piracy going on there. Otherwise they wouldn't be listed on sites like https://isthereanydeal.com/ .

Mazisky

Magister
I'll bought all of my games at release there for a ridicolous price and never got scammed once.
Unless I hate the developers, I buy from sites where they'll see some of the money.

Ed123 gamebillet is a legitimate key reseller like Humble, GreenManGaming, WinGameStore, etc. no piracy going on there. Otherwise they wouldn't be listed on sites like https://isthereanydeal.com/ .

What are you talking about? They buy stock piles from developers and then resell them. How this impact them...maybe you are confusing this with markteplaces like G2A where random people sell (often stolen) keys.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
I heard Games Workshop was the one who designed the units for Kislev, not a fan of some design choices.
Like, they're going out of their way to add some icy magic bits in whatever places thay can stick them. Looks terrible on those elite winged lancers.
Patriarch was a welcome surprise. Looks pravoslavno:obviously:

Gameplay looked fine to me, but overall i am not impressed. I was hoping that they will show more.

Nah, it's all GW. CA picked up a load of the concept art after the initial sketching out for the refresh of Kislev. How stuff looks is all GW, one of their lessons from way back when after having to retcon because they didn't own the artwork behind their models.

----

Not seen anything to particularly hate just yet. How they handle sieges is really the big step forward they need and deployables being trialled back in 3K would hint at the direction they're thinking just as much as seeing that dumb 'beat the waves' quest battle.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What are you talking about? They buy stock piles from developers and then resell them. How this impact them...maybe you are confusing this with markteplaces like G2A where random people sell (often stolen) keys.
You are misinformed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsM...instant_gaming_a_legitimate_site_like_humble/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/6gsxfm/trusted_websites/
https://gametree.me/blog/legal-legit-and-safe-a-look-at-the-g2a-kinguin-and-instant-gaming-markets/

There is a reason Instant Gaming does not appear on any site comparing deals of legitimate stores.
And is instead always listed together with sites like Kinguin or G2A.

I don't care where you get your keys from, you do what you need to, but don't pretend shit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
OH NO NOT MY HEKKIN DEVELOPERINOS! THEY DESERVE TO BE PAID FOR THEIR HARD WORK! BUY FULL PRICE FROM STEAM!

d6b.png

wahrk

Learned
The moba-style battle shown will be only present at specific boss battle during the campaign, so like 4 battles out of 100.

The normal battles present in previous games will have more variety cause they have introduced minor settlement battles and sieges rework, some of them at 360 degrees.

So no, the game didn't turn into a Moba the same way the game didn't turn into a First person shooter only because you can manual fire artillery.

I’m assuming these are only for the WH3 specific campaign, too. It’s all about Mortal Empires anyways. I only ever played Vortex in 2 when I didn’t want to deal with turn times.

Nathir

Liturgist
Damn. I was looking forward to Kislev the most. But this first look is really bad for them imo. Just looks overall kinda cartoony. The ice sled with a cannon on it, that is drawn by bears. The movement of Katarina when she slides on ice, the glowing weapons... It just feels off. Like you would go back to Tomb kings and give all their low tier skellies glowing eyes.

Mazisky

Magister
Here all the official infos I've gathered:

SURVIVAL MODE

Only avaiable to WH-3 factions during the campaign

Only occours a few times in key narrative moments during the campaign

Avaiable for all factions in custom battles

Unlimited Winds of Magic pool

BATTLE UPDATES

Wounded - Trait for single entities that reduce their effectiveness when they are low HP

On fire - Trait for units under fire effect that reduce health regeneration

Winds of magic - It will be more consistent and reliable across all game

New lores of magic - Lore of Ice and Lore of tempest

REALMS OF CHAOS

Present in both Warhammer 3 campaign map and Immortal Empires campaign map

Every Chaos GOD area will have its distinctive look

It will be crucial in the end-game in Immortal Empires

GRAPHICS AND OPTIMIZATION

Tech ported from Total War 3Kingdoms

Improved Lighting

New grass with GPU generation and rendering

SIEGES MAPS

New minor settlements maps added to the game

New 360 degree settlements that can be attacked from each side

New features for sieges - "We've listened to the feedback and we have improved sieges in all aspects of gameplay".

tabacila

Augur
I’m assuming these are only for the WH3 specific campaign, too. It’s all about Mortal Empires anyways. I only ever played Vortex in 2 when I didn’t want to deal with turn times.
I think it may also be in the Mortal Empires map as a means of eliminating a Demons of Chaos faction. I don't think the Chaos Wastes are actually places on the map where you can camp armies next to Khorne's Brass Citadel and besiege it to knock that faction out of the game.

A horse of course

I wonder how much development time was wasted on survival mode.

We're talking about a company that thought showing walls being destroyed was an unnecessary waste of development time until people bitched enough about it years later. The scripting, playtesting, and UI changes undoubtedly took up more time than something they intended as some random throwaway gimmick. Most likely they want this mode to be some kind of m*ltipl*yer hit.

Here all the official infos I've gathered:

Every Chaos GOD area will have its distinctive look

It will be crucial in the end-game in Immortal Empires

GRAPHICS AND OPTIMIZATION

Tech ported from Total War 3Kingdoms

Improved Lighting

New grass with GPU generation and rendering

SIEGES MAPS

New minor settlements maps added to the game

New 360 degree settlements that can be attacked from each side

New features for sieges - "We've listened to the feedback and we have improved sieges in all aspects of gameplay".

Chaos = Red, pink, green, blue. Amazing!

"Crucial in the end-game" - victory is only achieved by sending an army to the Chaos Wastes and fighting four of these shitty scripted survival battles, probably followed by another meme quest battle (that has no connection whatsoever to what's happening on the campaign map, I imagine).

Graphics = We've already seen gameplay footage, looks pretty much like Warhammer 2, has crappy AA, and runs like shit.

Siege maps = the only pro so far, let's wait and see how they work. If they had any brains they would've showed off either a regular battle or a siege battle first. Probably not ready for primetime.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
We're talking about a company that thought showing walls being destroyed was an unnecessary waste of development time until people bitched enough about it years later.
We're talking about a company that has been shitting out them same game since 2000, somehow managing to make sequels that have less features and depth than the original Shogun - that are apparently incapable of developing an AI that isn't lobotomized, or figuring out ways to actually improve their game.

Sieges have been an issue since Rome 1, and yet, some 20 years later, CA are still incapable of figuring out unit pathfinding, engaging map design, unique mechanics or basically any other improvements to the formula. Hell, with Warhammer, their flagship title, they've actually downgraded sieges, and it took them three full games and about a hundred DLC to attempt to fix them (here's a spoiler - they fucking won't, at best you'll get some pale imitation of what was present in previous TW games).

Also, where the fuck are the naval battles?

CA are basically the Paradox of tactical games - equally woke, equally incompetent and equally lazy.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We're talking about a company that thought showing walls being destroyed was an unnecessary waste of development time until people bitched enough about it years later.
We're talking about a company that has been shitting out them same game since 2000, somehow managing to make sequels that have less features and depth than the original Shogun - that are apparently incapable of developing an AI that isn't lobotomized, or figuring out ways to actually improve their game.

Sieges have been an issue since Rome 1, and yet, some 20 years later, CA are still incapable of figuring out unit pathfinding, engaging map design, unique mechanics or basically any other improvements to the formula. Hell, with Warhammer, their flagship title, they've actually downgraded sieges, and it took them three full games and about a hundred DLC to attempt to fix them (here's a spoiler - they fucking won't, at best you'll get some pale imitation of what was present in previous TW games).

Also, where the fuck are the naval battles?

CA are basically the Paradox of tactical games - equally woke, equally incompetent and equally lazy.

Nobody. Gives. A. Shit. About. Naval. Battles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom