Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the "official" Path of Wuxia thread

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1189630/PathOfWuxia/
by Heluo Studio (creator Tale of Wuxia)
Codex, any of you played this game? seems I didn't get any hits, when looking for it.
game any good? there is a translation patch in the making it seems.

they also made Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon, what also looks somewhat intresting..

Opinions?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It's in EA, so it's not finished yet. Last I heard they only have the first year running (out of like 3 total). There is a translation effort going on and there's a Discord for questions and so forth.

Otherwise it's par for the course for a Heluo game, same combat system and similar gameplay mechanics, they just changed it into a school setting with a gameplay loop similar to Tale of Wuxia's Xiaoyu Valley segment.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
found this while thinking about creating a topic about this game here on codex and checking if it already exists. here s my 2 cents : it s damm good

game is on EA, it'll have 3 years, 2 have been released. first is translated, second is mostly mtl but it seems the translation discord will push a patch translating 100% of the main quests soon .

that said even with mtl, the second year is infinitely better. it s also way bigger since there are more relevant/lenghty side quests both in the party members storylines and outside of them

imo it s way better than tales of wuxia

i'll probably post a decent review about it when the y2 patch hits.

Nahel

Arcane
How good is the fan translation ? That was the pb in the end of tales of wuxia

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've played the game. The EN patch is OK functional, you understand most thing but some things are still worked on.

In general the game is TB-RPG + simulation like Tale of Wuxia. No stupid minigames. Heavier emphasize on mix and match of various weapon vs specializing like in Tale of Wuxia. Streamlined training system.

Combat is fun on Hard albeit kinda unbalanced (some enemy is waay overtuned on Hard). Heavier focus on companion contents compared to Tale of Wuxia considering the school setting.

Year 1 story is setting the mood quite well while Year 2 (current content) kicks it into gear. Unlike Tale of Wuxia, the game is not "meta" or jokey, tone is pretty serious in general especially starting Year 2.

All in all I consider it 8/10. I like Tale of Wuxia/HoToLoShu combat system much better but there really isn't much RPG/Simulation hybrid and on the Sim part in Path of Wuxia is generally better (no bullshit RNG on flagging event etc as you have choice who to meet).

RegionalHobo

Scholar
How good is the fan translation ? That was the pb in the end of tales of wuxia

the fan tranlastion is pretty decent, the only time you find things like the end of tale of wuxia is in the machine translation parts. i'd say y1 is 90% translated ( there's 1-2 side quests that are not, and there s also some teachers classes ( since you can pick your teacher/class ) that are not ). y2 is almost 100% mtl so even if it s surprisingly understandable you'll suffer quite a bit.

that said it seems the patch with a full translation for the main quest/events for y2 will soon hit discord, seems like a good point to give it a try

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might as well keep this as the official thread. OracleX could you make the title of the topic a bit "official thread" styled?

I wish you all players who are full of the moon and have a happy Mid-Autumn Festival!
Hello everyone, the Mid-Autumn Festival is approaching, and the Xiazhidao development team would like to wish you a happy Mid-Autumn Festival! Today we also prepared real screenshots of some of the new content for players to take a sneak peek. Although the epidemic is still severe, the team will still do its best to continue the development work so that the new content can meet with players as soon as possible!

俠之道(PathOfWuxia)
Announcement
祝福各位玩家月圓人團圓,中秋快樂!
各位玩家們好,中秋佳節將至,俠之道開發團隊在此也預祝各位玩家們中秋愉快!今天我們也準備了部分新內容的實機截圖讓各位玩家們先睹為快,疫情雖依舊嚴峻,團隊仍會盡最大努力持續開發工作,讓新內容早日和各位玩家見面!

7c6949eb310762e9fa640661aed5675b966643cb.jpg

以下內容將牽涉第三年相關劇情,若各位玩家擔心影響您未來的遊玩體驗,我們建議您不要繼續閱讀。

dfe4e980754bc32a5deb9ac42d573b9263618da2.png

81a659ba452b8700ea29822988853d3cf6a58de7.png

8a7d7db373c5aed4f9dcc5a4dc72f7eecf346121.png

10465bb0bfd9ff0959ace552d0412f3031bc75f3.png

229d6654b3421fb3c1781694601ca7b4b74b7d21.png

ea727c3cede1484f1363e28e487407112949dbdd.png

2aaaf927621c2ac2ef7f01f34337548d782df9b4.png

466675c28fd6e03865a9f12af33b8e5ac0eb0cd2.jpg

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Recently finished Year 2. Going to wait for the Year 3 update to roll with a new character.
Wish some of the decisions in Year 2 weren't so... starkly different and for Year 3 to implement a 'middle' road.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Path of Wuxia Developer Diary - 20211126

DeepAle Machine Translate with Minor Edits
Hello players, thank you for your patience. In addition to sharing some screenshots of the Year 3 content, we would also like to share an important announcement with you today. The third year update is currently scheduled to be released in 1Q 2022. The exact date of the update will be announced after the internal testing is completed, so please stay tuned to Steam and our fan group for the latest news.

We would like to sincerely apologize to all the players here. The sudden virus outbreak this year had a significant impact on the team's development pace. The team's self-imposed requirements for Year 3 content, as well as the need to improve and wrap up the planning laid down in Year 1 and 2, have slowed down the development of this year to some extent.

In any case, the team will continue to push themselves and do their best to finish the last mile of the current phase. We hope that you will continue to support us and join us in witnessing the final outcome of this game and the path that you have chosen, together with the martial artists you have met along the way, in the world of Path of Wuxia...
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1189630/view/3101287383610373738

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heluo Studio wishes all players a prosperous Chinese New Year and good luck!
Hello all players, the Chinese New Year is approaching, Heluo Studio would like to wish you an early year, thank you very much for your support to us this year, and wish all players a prosperous Chinese New Year, five tigers are coming!

At present, the development of Xiazhidao has entered the final stage, and the Xiazhidao team has also prepared new development screenshots to share with you today. Due to the complicated content in the latter part, the team is currently intensively stepping up development, hoping that after full adjustment and testing , to bring you the update of the third year content as soon as possible. For the official update date and the new price after the update, please pay attention to the follow-up news from Steam and the fan group.

In addition to the way of chivalry, the studio will also have some new surprises waiting for players in the new year, please wait and see, and continue to support us in the near future, thank you!

The following content will involve the relevant plots of the third year. If players are worried about affecting your future playing experience, we recommend that you do not continue reading.
I will put the screens in spoiler tags.
456503d245ec42a3c87c9b9fbd18e2f03da4d983.png

c437a515298229b601a97343747b444593cdd66f.png

8e30a149a06cfeb147ee42588c6d3048e7517f3b.png

eaa6d2a940de7c3ab43d14ffdeed8b595974f345.png

49f4789ca2997da1e15ef1fc2fa2d7a60eccb669.png

0dc932dfc18f141bb6a7880df148b4ffd5ec2525.png

79583dfd051279fc92dc0803610a43e87ac81f2b.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Roam the river and lakes, my dudes.
Hello players, I have kept you waiting for a long time. Today we would like to announce to you that the content of the third year of Xia Zhidao will be updated and launched at 12 noon on April 1 this year, and the game price will also be increased to 680 yuan. Players who purchased the game before April 1 can buy the game at the current price and get a free update on April 1.

In addition, the original soundtrack of Xia Zhidao game will also be updated at 12 noon on April 1st for the third-year track, and the price will also be increased to 268 yuan. Like the game itself, players who purchased the soundtrack before April 1 can get the current price. Buy it and get a free update on the day of the update.

Regarding the time point for ending the early access experience, after the third year content update goes live, we will continue to maintain the early access experience for a period of time. During this period, we will continue to improve and repair the system of the game, and at the time the team deems appropriate Click to end Early Access.

In terms of game price, after the content update in the third year is increased, it is set as the official price of the game, and we will not increase this in the future.

Finally, the team would like to express its gratitude to all players again. During the long development process of Xia Zhidao, everyone is willing to continue to give us patience, encouragement and support, so that the team can complete the final development work with peace of mind. Thank you very much.

I hope that all players can fully enjoy the content of the last year of Xia Zhidao, and witness the ending of this work with the company of the same sect in the pavilion. In the future, I also hope that everyone can continue to support the way of chivalry, roaming the rivers and lakes with the team, and overcoming obstacles.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
3rd year update is sadly not as good as anticipated.
There is an obvious lack of quality especially on the 2nd half of the update.
Main story begin to be very railroaded and choices made do not have much effect on the plot.
Route enforced lovers split so have to choose your waifu/husbando wisely, ie. Don't choose Duan for your waifu if you ain't following her father's route, she'll split up with you so no waifu ending for you.

Hopefully the free DLC they announced is in the making will improve things.

The Chinese are especially disappointed and pissed, so they pretty much bombed the game with negative reviews.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Forgot to add, one of the big reasons of them chinese being pissed is the Boss of Heluo also announced a new Wuxia-themed card battler and another Wuxia RPG on the same day.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The developer of this game and Ho To Lu Shu is no longer listed as "Heluo Studio" but Hong Kong Heluo Entertainment or some such. Have they been bought out?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
The developer of this game and Ho To Lu Shu is no longer listed as "Heluo Studio" but Hong Kong Heluo Entertainment or some such. Have they been bought out?

I haven't read any news about it, but yeah they suddenly change in game logo as well (HTLS had a patch last week)

I would assume that they open office in HK to list on HKSE?

Modron

Arcane
Maybe they are doing some gymnastics to get around needing a loicense from the central party to make new games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Publisher for Tale of Wuxia and Pre-Sequel is no longer Softstar as I think it was before. It is no listed as Phoenix Games.

They have published The Wind Road, and Power of Seasons, among other games.

A big :philosoraptor: situation.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Path of Wuxia publisher bought them outright.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Publisher for Tale of Wuxia and Pre-Sequel is no longer Softstar as I think it was before. It is no listed as Phoenix Games.

They have published The Wind Road, and Power of Seasons, among other games.

A big :philosoraptor: situation.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Path of Wuxia publisher bought them outright.

Unlikely. The current publisher (Phoenix FKHR) has been the publisher for a while and castrating Tale of Wuxia with changing character art with some cheap garbage. They even removed the CN beta, cut the content, and now castrating the base game.

For a long while PoW as I understand is self published. If Heluo is being bought by CN company it's very likely to be another company unrelated to Phoenix. But it would explain having a Hong Kong corporate entity I guess.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I bought this last year, played the tutorial, liked it, and decided to wait until it was finished.

Is it worth making a playthrough right now? Is year 3 finished and fan translated?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom