Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently the game is 120gb? How?

Textures and uncompressed video and audio most likely.

Stupid thing is these remasters often end up larger than AAA games file wise.

Also having audio for every language under the sun downloaded rather than only the one that you are using. In case on a moment's notice you feel the need to experience the game in Swahili and might otherwise get pissed if you had to spend 5 minutes downloading their language files.

Padzi

Arbiter
People are already showing their bugs. I'm reading first impressions, and it's not good.

By the way I wonder if they fixed the save import bug with Sha'ira.

187065821_10219623549680932_4247896133360907715_n.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
There's that saying about hard times, you know the one, hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, you know the rest

That's videogames in a nutshell, videogames used to be tough to make, so it made developers strong. E.g. smart ways to code games onto relatively tiny cartridges, limited memory, etc

Nowadays we are swimming in memory capacity, CPU/GPU power, etc, and yet developers can't code for shit. Games don't run properly, are hugely wasteful in the amount of space and resources they take up, are badly written, boring to play, blah blah you get the idea

Larianshill

Arbiter
Most of the positive ones appear to be shitty meme reviews for "da funnies xD".
This is Bioware's audience. "I'm commander Shepard, and this is my favourite pile of shit on steam! I love consuming products!".
I'm glad they're mixed right now. Let's see how the situation develops.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I told you the positive reviews won't last. If there's something the mainstream doesn't put up with, it's poor graphics.

EDIT: Turns out there are also bugs, crashes, bad 21:9 support, and people are reporting it's unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. Shocking and totally unexpected.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
The boring lighting is a direct result of them switching over to the engine handling all that, before they faked the lighting. Now it's real-time and realistic (=environment is supposed to create atmosphere on its own by casting shadows, spreading light naturally - e.g white skin will reflect light realistically). Obviously it doesn't work here because the environment is too empty and dull. The game and its levels, characters wasn't created with this rendering in mind.

It's very lazily done, they changed to modern rendering methods, but didn't give a crap that the environment and architecture for the most part just isn't complex enough to create anything interesting out of that change, it'll just look flat.

So the root of the problem - is it lack of talent or simply very poor work ethics? Maybe someone pointed out that the new lighting looks like shit and that it should be redone, looked around only to be greeted with bland, gum chewing bovine faces, and said out loud "Oh, right. Forget I said anything". I get the impression that Bioware teams have never given 100%, except in PR.

80 bucks? Fuck that, the quality and care they put on this garbage they should get 2.99 at best.

It's not even decent enought to be given away free. They should pay us for accepting it.

vibehunter

Learned
I told you the positive reviews won't last. If there's something the mainstream doesn't put up with, it's poor graphics.

EDIT: Turns out there are also bugs, crashes, bad 21:9 support, and people are reporting it's unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. Shocking and totally unexpected.

I recall playing the original ME1 on PC a couple years back and the mouse controls being serviceable. Unbelievable if they messed that up too.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Also having audio for every language under the sun downloaded rather than only the one that you are using. In case on a moment's notice you feel the need to experience the game in Swahili and might otherwise get pissed if you had to spend 5 minutes downloading their language files.

Yes, that's another thing. Why can't games just ask you which languages you want when you start the download?

It could even use a steam default if you cba to select every time.

Larianshill

Arbiter
There's actually a great reason for that, and it's regional pricing. They don't want you to buy a cheap russian copy of the game, and then enjoy it in english.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's actually a great reason for that, and it's regional pricing. They don't want you to buy a cheap russian copy of the game, and then enjoy it in english.
But you can do that, though. They are saying it downloads all the languages and keeps them on your hard drive/SSD instead of just downloading the language you are using. That's one of the reasons the install size is so bloated.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cool, I hate how despite Russia having higher GDP steam prices in my country are 3-4 times higher due to all EU countries being treated in the same way. If they have to play games with shitty localization, that makes things better sort of.

On the other hand, it's not like a game will ever be localized in my country lol

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the original ME was like that girl in the bar you spend the night with because you're drunk and the lighting is so bad you can't get a good look at her. But you don't care anyway 'cause she looks hot. And the remastered version is when you wake up the following morning, roll over, and realise she's 50. :roll:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So is it true that you can't punch the reporters anymore in the remastered version?

Imagine putting in time and effort to remove good things from your game.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So is it true that you can't punch the reporters anymore in the remastered version?

Lol did they really removed that? It was a running joke through the series.

vibehunter

Learned

Now that you mention it, they probably completely neutered Renegade Shep (the only real way to play).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom