Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ADL

Prophet
Todd is by all accounts a decent guy getting to live out his fantasies of making video games and getting essentially unlimited amounts of money to make them, especially now, but he's definitely not the guy I want designing my RPGs. Starfield is going to be his first wholly original IP and I'm still expecting release-version No Man's Sky on Gamebryo. What could go wrong?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Todd is by all accounts a decent guy getting to live out his fantasies of making video games and getting essentially unlimited amounts of money to make them, especially now, but he's definitely not the guy I want designing my RPGs. Starfield is going to be his first wholly original IP and I'm still expecting release-version No Man's Sky on Gamebryo. What could go wrong?

I don't expect modern Bethseda games to be RPG masterpieces. I expect them to be a pretty chassis for mods, so I can live out my lurid fantasies.

ADL

Prophet
Todd is going to create the greatest sci fi rpg since the Mass Effect outer worlds.
Fixed

I don't expect modern Bethseda games to be RPG masterpieces. I expect them to be a pretty chassis for mods, so I can live out my lurid fantasies.
I don't either but I still expect more than what I get out of them. Their emergent gameplay systems are severely lacking and they couldn't even bother putting in a little effort when their last TES game was based around a civil war supposedly taking place.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Another image.

1bjvvWU.png

xbox era guy says Microsoft already bought Starfield 2021 ads.

Narax

Educated
Oh wow, another generic sci-fi game!
I still prefer this “hard sci fi” look over any of the generic shit we got during the last couple of years, i could barely tell the difference between shit like Anthem, Andromeda, or Destiny, they have no sense of identity at all.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Could it be that Microsoft finally had somebody stuff Todd into a closet and had Pete buried somewhere in the desert and left the rest of the crew alone to make a non-completely-brain-dead game for the first time since Morrowind?

Gargaune

Magister
I think I'm actively biased against this game because it means the Todd Howard Broadcasting Company isn't working on another Elder Scrolls or Fallout. Space exploration is probably our most exciting occupation, as a species, but a hard sci-fi take likely won't make for a very compelling "another orbital station needs your help", and soft sci-fi a la Star Trek or Mass Effect never gelled with me. That leaves Star Wars-style space fantasy, which a) this is not gonna be, and b) isn't really about space exploration.

Now I am just even more confused about what the hell this game is supposed to be. RPG? Space sim? Immersive sim?
Preston Garvey is escaping to THE ONE PLACE NOT CORRUPTED BY MUDCRABS...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom