Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conquest of Elysium 5

Mortmal

Arcane
ss_5084f64d003b4828341e399db92efa7d8174ba14.jpg

That's pretty insulting to Caelum.
Fantasy races with inferior mental abilities , unthinkable! You should immediately report them to the wrongthinking police.
Non ironically i seen dragonlance getting canceled for less than that.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Fantasy races with inferior mental abilities , unthinkable! You should immediately report them to the wrongthinking police.
Non ironically i seen dragonlance getting canceled for less than that.

Again, I doubt they give a shit. In Dominions sacrificing human female virgins by the hundreds is a standard mechanic. And the Jews are a race of cannibal giants bent on blood feasts for necromantic purposes.

Also the Phaeacians are a race of matriarchal superior Greek black people (Nausicaa included). Something for everyone.

Illfraud gonna Illfraud. They don't give a shit and the outrage mob can't read or play autistic pixelmen games.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Knowing Dayy, it's just his way of being affectionate. His people is attached to money almost as much as the Chosen Ones are.

That said, they do force us to buy slighly upgraded version of the same games, on day 1 and at full price. Over and over.
It's like being wanton battered wives, the warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I support Illwinter is simply too strong to resist.

Contrary to what's popularly believed, Illwinter doesn't need our blood to survive. But we give it willingly anyway!

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Well they are wise enough not to fix what isn't broken and the new iterations do come with meaningful improvements and lots of additional content in patches years down the line. In terms of hours of enjoyment per money their games are a bargain.

And by the way,
Also the Phaeacians are a race of matriarchal superior Greek black people (Nausicaa included). Something for everyone.
They're Carthaginians (with Berytos being Phoenicia).

Aemar

Arcane
Each new release is basically a glorified patch that's being applied to the previous game in the series. Iirc these people have other jobs as well, they do not invest their time into game development at full capacity, so they found a way to cut corners without affecting the overall quality of their products.

I can understand why some people might call them lazy and frauds, but at least they managed to create products that easily stand out of the crowd.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I call 'em Illfraud because I like them. I have bought every goddamn game they threw out (yes, even FloorPlan Generator)

5E4Qqo2.jpg

Its a tad barebones for dungeon gen but it's veeeery simple to use and I'm a tard

I still fondly remember when they threw out Dom4 and everyone was angry because it looked like Dom3. And when they threw out Dom5 and it looked like Dom4. Probably the only devs still worth my money, I guess.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is this a case of the: we risen a number in name of game, and now we are selling basically the same game again?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Remains to be seen. Going from CoE3 to CoE4 was pretty significant given how dramatically combat was changed. I don't expect the difference to be so big now, but who knows.

Nahel

Arcane
Interface improvement should be the priority imo. And QOL similar to Homm. Like switching more easily to a commander from another, having a list of commander and planning movement on several turns

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Minor considering the kind of game: Space reqs are double the size of CoE4, probably planes and rework of tiles?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
An option to redo the turn from the beginning would be nice.
Deleting the Agartha <-> Elemental plane gate because of a misclick was quite a disappointment.
Not to mention the time my doomstack fell into the Void, but that was actually quite funny and I managed to get back most of my commanders, although most of them turned a bit lunatic.

And I hope they have added more end-game surprises, the cube is nice but gets old eventually.

rezaf

Cipher
I hope they have added more end-game surprises, the cube is nice but gets old eventually.

Really? Well, different tastes, I guess. Personally, I'd really like if you could turn these events off when starting games. Some tend to turn perfectly enjoyable matches into lost causes, in my opinion. Like I said, they should make toggles in an advanced setup and everybody wins, no?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hope they have added more end-game surprises, the cube is nice but gets old eventually.

Really? Well, different tastes, I guess. Personally, I'd really like if you could turn these events off when starting games. Some tend to turn perfectly enjoyable matches into lost causes, in my opinion. Like I said, they should make toggles in an advanced setup and everybody wins, no?
Indeed. Dominions offers a much thorough setup (as well as the option to redo turns) but it is overall more polished and customizable than CoE. Maybe because it caters to the multiplayer crowd. I agree that CoE is quite luck-heavy, and some tuning of the early game (having to start several games to get a playable starting position) as well as the late (the great doomstack chase, with the "siege the fuckin dwarf mine" option) would be great.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I hope there's better equipment management, it's really annoying right now

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Yeah the randomness with the cataclysmic events is pretty extreme. Sometimes they spawned right next to me and I squashed them immediately. Another time a statue of the underworld appeared on the other side of the map and I had to slog through an endless tide of spirits to get to it. Though the best one was when I accidently opened a way to the infernal plane by tunneling down from Agartha. It was fun holding on for as long as I could.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
A cataclysmic event almost denied me a victory right after i managed beat two enemies in a rather gruesome war.
The giant cthulhuesqe horror was preventing me from claiming victory by simply existing on the main plane and was a rather difficult beast to dispatch. That is until i remembered that the reason why i managed to turn the tide of war previously was because my senator succeded in claiming the cursed capital and ascending into the god of death.

The newly born god of death ended up claiming the Elysium, while that horror creature became the Hades(realm of death) problem.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is the AI in Elysium 5?

It is extremely doubtful that two guys could code a competent AI for any of their games, especially with this level of complexity so...

Indeed. Dominions offers a much thorough setup (as well as the option to redo turns) but it is overall more polished and customizable than CoE. Maybe because it caters to the multiplayer crowd. I agree that CoE is quite luck-heavy, and some tuning of the early game (having to start several games to get a playable starting position) as well as the late (the great doomstack chase, with the "siege the fuckin dwarf mine" option) would be great.

CoE is as much of a MP game as Dom is, you can't really enjoy CoE to the fullest vs AI. There is a dedicated CoE MP discord I recommend if you like CoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom