Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a new Build Notes interface in the main menu.

https://whalenoughtstudios.com/community/

mechajammer update log 6.3
* Updated pit fight formats [ fight to the death, loot drops, and wave variety for outlast mode ]
* Added portrait and name field to pit fight menu
* Mini-map implemented
* AI improvements
* Fixed inventory reloading bug
* Fixed enemy searching and sensory mechanics bugs
* Fixed some resolution issues
* Fixed errors causing game AI to stall
* Added character rim lighting
* In-game bug reporting and link to discuss on build log
* Improved model renders

buffalo bill

Arcane
I booted up newest build after not having played in a while and started arena mode. Played carelessly and was killed very quickly. Incline.

Most recent build is my favorite so far. Sprites look great, UI is good, controls are intuitive (the subtle tile indicators on the floor work well, and mouse control is no longer clunky-feeling imo), and success in combat is non-trivial.

MrMarbles

Cipher
That's the major red flag for the game so far, isn't it? I can live with the endless art changes and mechanical reworks but I've been following the game for years and still don't really understand what the macro level game is.

We've had a ton of twitter clips, exhaustive descriptions of ancillary systems/mechanics, and an iterative combat beta but how do these elements coalesce, what is the greater structure and how far along is the game when it comes to the actual content? It's one thing to make a compelling ruleset and aesthetic, it's another thing entirely to make the game that houses them.

Eh, didn't SitS kind of make it work? It had a bunch of little systems (some almost impossible to figure out, like pickpocketing), nice aesthetics, some rough lore and a handful of themes. They threw all that together and what came out was pretty decent. In a schizophrenic kind of way.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Can vehicles be operated in turn-based mode or were those real-time only?
last time I played and vehicles were available, using a vehicle devolved the game into real time action BS. The twitter gifs unfortunately make me think that they haven't changed that (the indicator dots on the ground are gone in the vehicle gif above). There are some other silly real time things, like holding down the left mouse button for a certain amount of time to choose how precisely to aim.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
BTW is this still an RPG? I remember that at one point they started to refer to Copper Dreams as “military game” or something like that – or maybe they changed back to RPG somewhere among the countless art style changes and I just haven’t noticed? Is there still stealth focus? I think that was supposed to be a thing too at some point (like you are some kind of agent that infiltrates shit and such).

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good question, but this is something that the devs actually talked about a while back when they wanted to move away from their original concept of the game. My understanding was that it was supposed to mean a purely combat focussed game, but who knows...

cb.spike

Educated
Good question, but this is something that the devs actually talked about a while back when they wanted to move away from their original concept of the game. My understanding was that it was supposed to mean a purely combat focussed game, but who knows...

They called it dungeon crawler in last update after the latest change. But who knows.

I sincerely appreciate the UI design in this. I have to wonder why more """"crpgs"""" these days don't have something like this. I thought I was a fan of straightforward UI designs for a while until I realized the UI in anything needs to be inspired for immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom