Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A. Sorry, but having a potentially hostile clan so close sounds bad.
Unicorn clan ain't so bad. They're not Crab Clan, but still cool dudes.

tsuke

Educated
so um im not quite sure how to count votes that include >. can we have regular votes instead ?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
so um im not quite sure how to count votes that include >. can we have regular votes instead ?
It's simple, brother.
In this case:
B 2 ,6, 7 > 2, 6, 10
If B 2,6,7 is not in the lead, he'll be okay with 2,6,10 in its stead.
Basically in this case, if 7 has no shot at getting voted, transfer its vote to 10. Does that make sense?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I didn't expect the whole tower to go up. I assumed stone construction and that the smoke would force them into the open for archery targeting or force them into attacking us through the fire. I need to stop assuming since the horses were just as armored as the knights.

tsuke

Educated
Looks like A and E are tied for question 1. I rolled a dice and E it is.

For 2. its 4. expansion 6. knights exemplar 10 walls.

tsuke

Educated
Knights Exemplar

You think and over and nod. Whatever happens it would take a lot of money to make the newly discovered land usable and this way you get to use the coin right away at no risk to yourself. Yasamura smiles and assures you that the gold and other resources will be coming with Chagatai Khan and he would be staying here in the Prancing Pony should you have any doubts. A question needs to be answered though. How do you feel about this?

A. This is a fair trade. We wish our new neighbors well in their new land.

B. This is a trade made under.... duress.... Yes we were forced into it because we wanted that gold. We will reclaim that land eventually and the rest of the gold too.

Of course you kept whatever thoughts you had to yourself and Chagatai Khan arrives with a hundred followers behind him and a promise of more to follow. He greets you and proclaims eternal friendship while Yasamura prepares the gold.

It takes a couple of days but the Unicorn eventually leave and settle their new territory (map update please). You know that you cannot keep this much gold in the city for long as it will be a temptation for any bandits in the area. You begin to make plans for the gold and decide it is best to use it on martial endeavors.

To reward the Camelot Regulars and Rangers you decide to expand their ranks by ten soldiers each. Its actually a simple matter of sending out for the proper arms and armor with passing merchants and recruiting anyone who is willing. The Rangers and Regulars themselves are not what you would call well trained nor are they elitist by any means. They quickly integrate their new recruits get them used to their systems. They did essentially get a fifty percent increase in personnel but they are able to get them up to speed in training so that the unit as a whole still retains the same level of training.

Next you send word to merchant that you are hiring architects to build defenses for the city. You gave instructions to design it well and if possible to use as many local materials as they can. Plans for a wooden gate with wooden walls are drawn up and built and the city begins to look more like a proper city now with well defined borders.

Then we come to the main event. The reason why you were so eager to take the money. You had already envisioned a grand tournament drawing the best fighters for miles. More than 50 champions enter and only the 10 best are chosen. These ten kneel in front of Lady Kay. They swear total allegiance to the city and the queen that resides in it.

All ten are wearing shining white armor with their personal heraldry emblazoned in the chest. Each warrior carries a great sword that looks like it can cleave a horse and rider in one blow. Once the unit is formed Chagatai Khan sends over a gift. A blazing banner with the picture of the Ki-Rin in front. Chagatai Khan says that this is his personal contribution to your new unit.

The citizenry cheer at your new soldiers. Their heart fills their pride at the expansion of their army. No one would dare mess with Camelot now. There are a few busybodies called accountants who try and damper on your parade. They say that you are doubling your army without a corresponding increase in income. They are of course booed by the mob. Though they do prove prophetic as you are forced to increase taxes eventually.

The Unicorn clan also cant help but notice that the first act you perform after handing them their new home is doubling the size of your army and building defenses. It is not enough to sour relations as they are still pretty good but it is enough to make the Unicorn slightly wary of you.

Back in Sunburst Academy you take your leave of the clingy girls and wander around on your own. You don't really know where you are going and instead enjoy the act of walking. You feel yourself getting more relaxed and you remember that you just won your first official game.

Eggy won his first game

Eggbert won his first game

Sir Eggbert won his first game?

The legend begins here you think to yourself. Some people edge away from you afraid of the silly grin on your face while others who watched your match applaud your performance. Some even inquire if you were willing to sell Lady Kay. You eventually find yourself in the gardens and you see the Headmistress sitting on a bench enjoying the breeze.

She beckons you to come over and as you approach she looks at you and speaks. "I see you are alone and have left all your new friends behind. Let me guess. You think they are useless and you would rather focus on improving yourself?"

You wonder how she can see into your mind and you begin sweating.

"No matter Eggbert. Everyone begins like that. Let me show you how far you have to go"

She brings up her Hex screen and shows you videos of matches. She never shoes you the entire thing but rather she chooses to focus on units. You see huge metal behemoths somehow walking on their own power slashing at each other with slabs of steel. You see Knights mounted on various steeds charging other units in their hundreds. You see what you can only assume are werewolves as tall as trees jumping into the middle of formations and tearing everything asunder. You see mages fling fireballs and even stopping time.

"If you remember nothing else from our talk tonight remember this. Those who Hex are never alone"

She continues "Still though very impressive showing and what kind of teacher would I be if I did not honor your wishes for self improvement. I notice you used archers a lot in your last fight. Let me give you some pointers on them"

You spend the rest of your night with her as she goes over basic archer strategies with you.

The next thing you hear is a scream

"Eggbert wake up you will be late!"

You open your eyes and see Riko looking at you.

"Ako I smell something on him take a whiff"

"I smell it to Riko do you remember it"

They look at you in unison "You spent the night with the headmistress! How many more until your satisfied Eggy!"

You do your best to run away not wanting to be drawn into this conversation. Luckily you are still in your school clothes from yesterday and rush to class a little bit more smelly than you wanted. It was worth it to avoid all the awkardness.

"Ah our newest star has arrived!" Your Professor greets you "By the way I did not introduce myself yesterday. Feel free to call me Herbert"

He looks to the rest of the class "As you know I promised Eggy here a reward and here it is. The Tower Association is holding a friendly match between Sunburst and Valiant academy all the way over in Elkhart. It will be a 4 on 4 competition for newbies and they will be giving army miniatures to the winner. As you know these are the only way to strengthen your armies. They have not told us what it is but knowing the Association it must be good. The match is at the end of the week and Eggbert will lead our team. There are no strict requirements on who you take with you but since you already know them I am recommending Hikari, Charlotte, and Belle. Take note though we have no information on who or what the opposing team is"

You think to yourself. You have a week. How would you like to spend your time?

A. Improving yourself and your tactical abilities. Should you choose this option to you study
1. Advanced terrain manipulation
2. Formations
3. Cavalry
4. Leadership
B. You spend time with the girls. You need them to trust you 100%
C. Surely you can do better for team mates. You ask around the freshman class and see if anyone is better
D. You are Eggbert the Great! You don't need to prepare. I will goof off and spent time with my sisters.

tsuke

Educated
Knights Exemplar (Portrait found in the Prancing Pony)

Knight_exemplar.png

png-pgbjx

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
AA2
Nix to their trust we need to know what we're doing. Trust will follow.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
here's the updated map
mwTJbTC.png

Knight_exemplar.png

png-pgbjx
fixed
For pics from https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ (usually wikia.com or fandom.com websites), in the link you have to remove everything after the file extension (here .jpg).
So this will work: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/5/5c/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Demilich_-_p48.jpg
This won't: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/f...h_-_p48.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141111110849

for the vote:

tsuke

Educated
here's the updated map
mwTJbTC.png

Knight_exemplar.png

png-pgbjx
fixed
For pics from https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ (usually wikia.com or fandom.com websites), in the link you have to remove everything after the file extension (here .jpg).
So this will work: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/5/5c/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Demilich_-_p48.jpg
This won't: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/f...h_-_p48.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141111110849

for the vote:

Thanks! Is the image showing now?

tsuke

Educated
Looks like its AB.

Also someone please tell me if you guys are able to see the pictures I post. I will be posting battle maps for future updates.

tsuke

Educated
Down Time

Camelot is chugging along as normal. The new regiments are integrating well into the army and the Knights Exemplar become a source of pride for the city. Everyone wants to see the proud warriors in their identical helmets practice and children hope that they can one day join their ranks. With all the new additions the military budget does have to be doubled and even with increased taxes the city is barely able to keep afloat. The new town wall, while a source of comfort and strength, does need to be maintained as well.

Still even with all the hardship people are proud to be citizens of the Kingdom of Camelot under Queen Kay. Over time you do notice that some of your citizens are disappearing. One by one they vanish from their farms or lumberyards. Its never the people in the city itself but rather the poorest ones either in charge of cutting wood or helping out farmers in their land.

You investigate and eventually you are led to the truth. They have been swearing fealty to the Unicorn clan and have been moving to their city! It seems like they believe that life is easier there and they have more chances to prosper. This of course makes it that much harder for your farmers and woodcutters. Lady Kay confronts Chagatai Khan about it and the khan is of course apologetic. After all both cities are friendly. He says he was led to believe that they are free men and free to make their own choices. If they are slaves or serfs then of course they should be returned.

A. Admit they are free men and since they have chosen to live with the Unicorn there they shall stay.

B. Admit they are free men but still demand their return. They Khan may demand concessions from Camelot and they may just leave again.

C. Say they are slaves and demand they be returned and treat them as slaves in the future.

D. Say they are slaves and demand they be returned but treat them like free men as before. Of course they may just leave again.

Back in Sunburst you invite the girls out for dinner. After all you want to get to know them more and have them trust you. The girls agree given that you are about to have a major battle with them. Of course Riko and Ako tag along with you.

You enter the cafe and the girls Charlotte refuses to sit.

"I cant accept that defeat! Fight me one on one if you dare! If win I will be leader and kick you off the team!"

You accept her challenge and both of you initialize and enter the battlescape. With the new additions to your army Charlottes forces are quickly routed. The Knights Exemplar charged her Swordsman formation and broke it with assistance from the pinpoint missiles from Queen Kay and the humans rout and confuse the dwarves who the Knights overrun into. They do provide a tougher challenge but Queen Kay leads the rangers to their flanks and begin to enfilade them with bow fire and they eventually break too.

Charlotte comes to and begins to cry "Where did all that come from!!! Were you just holding back earlier?? Cheater cheater!"

Belle tries to calm her down and Hikari ignores both of them and orders a Coke Float. She noisily slurps from it while waiting for everyone to settle down.

Once Charlotte stops the girls introduce themselves to you in greater depth.

"Peasant I am Charlotte Dugray. Yes from those Du Grays." She catches your blank stare "Doubtless you would know who I am if you werent a paste sniffing amnesiac"

"Im Belle Beumont. Im actually an exchange student from the city of Federat. My family have a long tradition of Hex"

"Hikari." After the word Hikari goes back to slurping her Sundae.

Charlotte asks you about the Knights Exemplar and you just shrug. You aren't able to explain even if you wanted to. Charlotte and Belle both hint that if you were to press they would be able to ask their families for some miniatures to strengthen themselves for your battle. Hikari looks up at that but adds nothing to the conversation. You have enough social capital to ask one of the girls to do this for you. If you ask Hikari you think she has something but you are not sure.

A. Ask Charlotte
B. Ask Belle
C. Ask Hikari
D. Ask none

The girls then ask Ako and Riko about your childhood and they regale them with stories about how they saved you when you were being bullied at school. They told them that you were unable to sleep without getting into their beds and how you would always buy them stuff at every Valentine. You have no idea if anything they are saying is true so you just shrink in your seat. You are looking more and more like a manic sis con.

"Oh btw we wanted to introduce this guy to you! We think he should be our team mascot!" Ako raises up a fat tomcat "We found him walking around the campus"

The girls are taken by the cute cat and start rubbing its tummy and shaking its paws.

You don't know how you know this but you just do. This is the enemy. This is the dwarf. Your eyes narrow as you lock gazes with your enemy.

The Cat looks straight at you and stares back. He then takes his paws and proceeds to rub them all over the front of Ako's shirt.

She giggles. "Naughty kitty!" and plays with him. The cat acts cutely and with a final glance at you plants his face right in front of Ako's chest and rests there as if sleeping.

The girls look at you and Riko says "Eggy name our new mascot! I think Sir Lovesalot would be great!"

Charlotte chimes in "Clearly Pierre is better. Right Belle?"

Hikari just says "Mini-Hika"

All of them look at you forcing you to choose

A. Sir Lovesalot
B. Pierre
C. Mini - Hika
D. Sir Dwarf the Dumb

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
A - We need to improve the economy at the next opportunity.
B - Getting her a second unit seems solid
B - no idea how much this matters

(I see lady Kay and I think I have since the start. I see the first knight exemplar above now but I didn't before. Second knight exemplar image doesn't load still)

tsuke

Educated
A - We need to improve the economy at the next opportunity.
B - Getting her a second unit seems solid
B - no idea how much this matters

(I see lady Kay and I think I have since the start. I see the first knight exemplar above now but I didn't before. Second knight exemplar image doesn't load still)

thanks there should only be one knights exemplar after my post. white armor orange background

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
thanks there should only be one knights exemplar after my post. white armor orange background

There's a second image link in there. Leads to png egg with a blocky helmeted knight with a broad sword.

tsuke

Educated
Its funny how codex always chooses the "lawful good" option when given the choice :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom