Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

LudensCogitet

Learned
Pen and paper RPGs don't qualify as games. They're make-believe for adults with just enough data tables and dice rolls to make it seem like you're doing more than pretending to be in a 3rd rate fantasy novel.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
People enjoy RPGs because they require no player skill, and just like adventure games, they just play themselves out.

Daily reminder that Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Witcher and the likes are not RPG.

Did you even play a single RPG?
based /thread
Many people here seem to not understand the name of the thread, the challenge it asks of us and what are we willing to pursue to achieve it.

Such trivial concepts are too much for the smooth brain of an RPG player that is used to simple gameplay.

Even the not so extraordinary mind truck simulators player could understand the premise of this thread simply.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Many people here seem to not understand the name of the thread, the challenge it asks of us and what are we willing to pursue to achieve it.

Such trivial concepts are too much for the smooth brain of an RPG player that is used to simple gameplay.

Even the not so extraordinary mind truck simulators player could understand the premise of this thread simply.

You among them.

You couldn't help but give three answers to my message, 2 posts and a reaction.
Triple triggered!
Looks like you lost.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Gameplay is for children.

"Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Have a fun, puur.
I don't know, I have always had a thing for dystopian settings. Maybe it is time to grow up.

jk, but thinking up settings is gameplay in itself for whatever it is we are playing and administrative oversight appears necessary in overhauling or preventing griefing in the verser.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

You among them.

You couldn't help but give three answers to my message, 2 posts and a reaction.
Triple triggered!
Looks like you lost.
Darth Canoli, i bow down to your superiority, i was caught on your very own web of faked butthurt.
I should have known... but be aware that i shall return one day to trigger you with opinions i do not have, and things that i do not believe.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Barovia = High fantasy version of Romania
Thay = High fantasy version of Saudi Arabia
Icewind Dale = High fantasy version of Scandinavia
Glantri = High fantasy version of Switzerland
(...)
RPG codex = High fantasy version of stormfront

Learned
Gamergate is about ethics in video game journalism.

Hey-girl.gif

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Gamergate is about ethics in video game journalism.

Hey-girl.gif

Gamergate is against neoliberalism. Gamergate is against the entrenched political class. Gamergate is against CRT and gender identity ideology.

Tired of winning?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
people who hate level scaling are just upset that they have to fight difficult enemies instead of just one-shotting everything
No, people hate level scaling because it's usually lazy, uninspired, and boring. There's nothing interesting in facing the same enemy with the same moves you already fought at level 1 with 10 times the HP.

People would be fine with a different type of "area" scaling, where each area changes sensibly according to your level, offering different challenges with new monsters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom